PVE Event that gives Tokens Please

Options
xvokcx
xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
We pve'rs want some way to get tokens also, only people who pvp have access to them , i'd say that's unfair bs..............
Post edited by xvokcx on

Comments

• TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You can just stick to the morai gears for PVE. b:cute
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

+1 b:laugh
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Exactly, if you're not going to NW, PvP, or TW, there's absolutely no point acquiring better gear. My cleric on Sanctuary reached 100 before Morei (I quit PW for several months during which Morei was added). She still has Rank VIII and TT99 gear, albeit well refined. On rare occasions I do a BH, help with a world boss, or do Morei quests, she has no problem whatsoever. When I was doing base quests, she 1 and 2-shotted the level 104 mobs. So, saving resources for the alts I do plan to take into PvP/NW/TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    lol. OP didn't mention gear, simply said tokens.

I'm a pve player. I do the NW because I want tokens to make money.

also, to be honest, r9 has become the minimum of what's acceptable gear at this point.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

+1 b:victory
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OP didn't mention which tokens and there are MANY types of tokens in this game that are not accessible directly via PvE (emphasis on direct since supply tokens can be "bought" the same as all other kinds)

Thus, I shall assume OP meant Perfect: Token of Luck and shall say no. b:cute
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    OP didn't mention which tokens and there are MANY types of tokens in this game that are not accessible directly via PvE (emphasis on direct since supply tokens can be "bought" the same as all other kinds)

Thus, I shall assume OP meant Perfect: Token of Luck and shall say no. b:cute

So sell me the wines for lvl 103 please. Those that you make with tokens. I'll pay you 1mil each.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    also, to be honest, r9 has become the minimum of what's acceptable gear at this point.

Hmmm ... let's see ... I can spend the next 9-12 months grinding ad nauseum or drop $1500 to acquire r9.

-removed-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Maybe on sanctuary it is, on Archosaur it no where near is, if you mean endgame, then there are still people who are R8/TT99/Nirvy/G16 who are at their endgame and still make it by with ease.
    And for non pvp players...what's the big deal in going to NW to earn coins? it is 100% your choice to not go, just cos you don't pvp doesn't mean you can't go to NW, yes I know that NW is pvp, but you're utterly stupid if you're complaining about wanting tokens for a pve event when NW is there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

What for do you need money if you are only going to pve?b:lipcurl
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Why a PvE event? It only gives another chance for PvPers to farm more tokens, then we can see the complaint of "not enough content for PvEers". b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I guess a lot of pvp'ers would like a pve supply tokens instance.
    Dont tell me nobody wants more supply tokens............lame bashers b:bye
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Quit trolling, R9 is far from the minimum acceptable standard... If you want to make money why don't you just go run vana with your weapon linking friends? You could get 24 5 minute runs in the time it takes the rest of us to NW, and buy your OP overkill gear with that in case you're too fail to make do with G15 Morai...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can we get a PvE Tournament too? b:chuckle

On a serious note, I do understand that some people don't like PvP for some reason, but c'mmon, you don't get a red name, you don't drop nothing and no need OP gears to make it, some low level make more rewards than some level 100+, you have nothing to lose to do it, it's just fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can we get a PvE Tournament too? b:chuckle

On a serious note, I do understand that some people don't like PvP for some reason, but c'mmon, you don't get a red name, you don't drop nothing and no need OP gears to make it, some low level make more rewards than some level 100+, you have nothing to lose to do it, it's just fun.

Fact is, some of us cannot do PvP. In my case, I've had a spinal injury that has left me with increasingly worse hand tremors -- to the point I have difficulty some days just trying to click the menu items when I'm purchasing/combining gems for Crazy Stone. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy many game aspects, but I have no desire to be roadkill in PvP instances.

Edit: Ya know, I was going to shut up and leave it at that, but there's an ever-increasing attitude among a certain cadre of players that says if you're not r9rrr you're nothing but a worthless piece of ***** ... that if you don't have gawdalmighty gear you're stupid, know nothing, or are incompetent. It's a brand of the worst kind of elitism, and I've no doubt whatsoever it's contributed mightily to the steady decline of new players. It's certainly a factor in my having left a couple of notable TW factions and the main reason I play alts to 100 then start over. Earlier sarcasm aside, it's also got me wondering about the wisdom of continuing in this PWI$$hole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Face it, suply tokens are PVP event reward. If you dont want to pvp you can go to nirvana (yes its still open and ingame), Guild trials, TT,Lunar(many ppl do now, good money). U have many options to play pve and farm some goods u can sell. Isnt that the point of the pve playing?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Fact is, some of us cannot do PvP. In my case, I've had a spinal injury that has left me with increasingly worse hand tremors -- to the point I have difficulty some days just trying to click the menu items when I'm purchasing/combining gems for Crazy Stone. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy many game aspects, but I have no desire to be roadkill in PvP instances.

Cleric is the class that need the most reflex, PvP or PvE, do a cave it's kinda the ''same'' thing, you press skills etc.. (unless you are one of those BB clerics that don't know use other heals/skills).

What I can suggest you is to make macros, like really long macros, of DD or healing, so in Nw try to DD on barb or everything really tanky (not a squishy one shot sin), so just push the macros skill and relax til the person die (something like cyclone/wield thunder/cyclone/thunder ball/cyclone/wield thunder ... etc and one plume shot/cyclone/plume shot/cyclone etc..), Same for heal set a macros like IH/purify/wellspring/IH, if you are sage and have vanguard add it somewhere. So try to do it with macros since a macros you just need to press one skill and and till the person die (on both heal or DD xD).

Don't worry if you die, you still get points, I died 6 time and got tele out a battle and got 1,9k credit for that battle on my cleric 73. Just try to do the best you can without hurt yourself and just have fun.

If it's you left hands that hurt than use the mouse with your right one and if it's the right one that hurt use the left and keyboard. If it's both hands well tbh I think your doctor would recommand you to stop using computer. (computer and spinal injury doesn't work well togheter we cannot really blame PWI for that)

I wont comment the second part of your post since I don't feel concerned in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If u don't pvp means somehow u don't tw also cos that means to hit or to get hit or both ( depends on class u play ) and this means u don't need uber pro gears for PVE .
    All PVE instances are still open for farming, so why not people that enjoy PVP also to make something out of it ?
    And this game has more than enough PVE content .

And yes there is a need of money for pve players also except gears . Not to offend people but fashion, flyers and mounts are expensive and they require coins. Grrr almost forgot dyes.b:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Oh come on people - don't be dense.

The new rewards from NW are a HUGE step up from anything previously in the game for us normal players. And yes; it would indeed be very nice if there were some PVE way of getting them. Even if it's a slower way.

I'd agree though - the NW event pretty much says "Ok, everyone? You can have Nrvana recast now; for dead cheap"

I'd suggest that the PVE-only method is as it always was; PVE for cash, buy from catshops. The price of stuff has dropped through the floor due to NW.
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I for one hate farming, and been having a hard time staying entertained with this game....but now (there's always been MANY ways of gettin rich through pve means) theres a way to get rich from killing other players...prayers answered and if u dont pvp then u dont need all the next up better gear plain and simple. And if u want those potions.....go ask for buffs or go get base buffs. Specially on pve servers u would think it would be a nice change of pace for them to go NW, aside from the occasional BH/morai/TW (were takin the map, biitches!) pvp is the only fun thing to do at endgame. Especially people who power level to 100+ and dont pvp.....what in the hell do u do??? PS....my lazy *** still hasnt even tried NW but if i can finally get rich from PKin then its time i finally polish up this seeker.
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well yeah canny and raps r down but HH ( TT ) drops are even a bit more expensive than before NW and mats sell like crazy from 1-1 to 3-3 . Idk about other severs but this happen on Harshlands and also molds from warsong sell good .
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

The new rewards from NW are a HUGE step up from anything previously in the game for us normal players.

Exactly this.

Saying that ''Nirvana is still farmable'' just makes me question your sanity. Even if you grind your *** off in there for an entire week, NW will earn you double the amount in 4 hours.

NW offers some nice rewards with the tokens, some of which are not tradeable. Having access to those through PvE means would only be fair, but as was stated before, it should not also give pvpers even more tokens.

My suggestion? You already need a token to enter NW, give PvE players the option of turning this token in for a weekly quest (=at the cost of passing up participating in the war). Would take a large amount of regular mobs to kill along with a few bosses and would generally take a few days to complete if you take it easy. The reward would be an average amount of tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

The new rewards from NW are a HUGE step up from anything previously in the game for us normal players. And yes; it would indeed be very nice if there were some PVE way of getting them. Even if it's a slower way.

I'd agree though - the NW event pretty much says "Ok, everyone? You can have Nrvana recast now; for dead cheap"

I'd suggest that the PVE-only method is as it always was; PVE for cash, buy from catshops. The price of stuff has dropped through the floor due to NW.

I'll just use your post to illustrate b:chuckle.

If you are going for g15, g16, r9 recast, the raps are canny are always dropping in price. People were buying them before, you can buy them now. -1 for pve

R8r mats, the ores are bound, so yes you might need to do nw for that, +1 for pve

Want to make the new tome, you are a pve player? If you are that ambitious you can buy the seals and do nw for tokens only, -1 for pve

Want to make the new sky cover, cloud stir, cube neck. You farmed the previous gear? Yes? Farming the pvp instance will be a welcome respite from the pve stuff for you. Did you buy the gear? you don't need the new gear since you don't farm things. -1 pve.

Want to make the warsoul weapon? Did you farm the weapon already? No? Are you dreaming about it? Keep on dreaming about it. I know farming players who have spent past 2 years farming and getting very close to warsoul weapon before this update. They are miffed and happy, because it is easier now. If you didn't have the dedication before, this new venue is of no consequence. -1 pve

Do you want the new r9 ring? See the sky cover post, farm the tokens and buy the seals. 0 pve

Necklace engraving - +1 pve, but the requirements are so low that you can do it easily in 1~2 nw.

Raps/canny? Did you farm all your gear before doing vana? That venue is open for you, prices are cheaper so should be easier for you. -1 for pve. I still farm vana with friends, we use up our keys and stock up on canny raps for our r9 3rd casts when we don't do nw.

The new apoc items, those should have been a trade-able version. If you check out the tradeable version requirements on the chinese server vs bound version, if a similar option is enabled here. That apoc will cost you 1m+ easily. Do you want to spend that kind of money?

The above is not pointed at you Vitenka.

From the looks of it, if a person is truly pve player, nw is just another pve instance with more clever mobs and bosses. Some mobs fight back, use tricks, are resourceful, others die easy. Some bosses in nw are next to impossible to kill, and some are easy to kill. Just treat other players like bosses and mobs and NW becomes a PVE instance.

If there really really needs to be a pve instance. I would recommend, tuesday event, jungle ruins, each npc that gives 1 event gold should give 1 nw supply token as well. People can farm their tokens in a pve manner.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Most of the stuff you mention there... that's WAY beyond possible for most of us anyway.

I kinda like the idea of attaching it as a small bonus to jungle ruins. Though that leads to the whole *timezones argh!* again, that's a different issue.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Gotta agree with this here. I'm not much into PvP myself and my timezone sucks but I managed to participate in a couple of NWs and I had a lot of fun.

Some people may have slow reactions and disabilities but I think they still have chances to win some tokens regardless and make some money on top of having potential fun.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ... I'm not much into PvP myself and my timezone sucks but I managed to participate in a couple of NWs and I had a lot of fun...

I had not been even in one NW event because I don't like PvP and I agree, that we can use gear for PvE too. If someone can play without gear, then show us, how to do it.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The simplest way?
    Just make the tokens tradeable/sellable. Then everyone will have access, pvpers and the pvers (you know pve.. person vs. enviroment)
    I was under the impression a pve server was person vs enviro, unless you wanted to go into pk mode or join a TW faction. Now the Pve servers have became nothing more than a boiled down version of a pvp server for people that were afraid to join pvp server.
    I have nothing against NW, if you like it, go for it, but it should NOT be required to progress in game on a PVE server.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I had not been even in one NW event because I don't like PvP and I agree, that we can use gear for PvE too. If someone can play without gear, then show us, how to do it.
    With a good teamplay u can farm every dungeon in game with refined tt99 gears. I dont like ppl who say : "I havent tryed but i dont like it". Thats a dumb argument. I dont like TW and PK but i like NW its great fun. I go there only with pots from devine rewards and get 60-80 tokens regulary. I still dont like tw and pk but i go everitime on NW. Cmon ppl u cannot lose there, its always a win! Even losing nation gets tokens.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    With a good teamplay u can farm every dungeon in game with refined tt99 gears...
    Watching World chat how often you can see messages-invitations for players with TT99 ?
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Watching World chat how often you can see messages-invitations for players with TT99 ?

What is that got to do with it? Anyway - when i see TT squads there is no requirement, no requirement for BH/full delta/EU/AEU - NW (can go w/o squads like me) Nirvana died - ppl had requirements for that.