Help with some work x.x

Options
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hi guys, i'm in a bit of a dilemma..

I need to come up with answers for really wierd scenario's for some work, but I am completely stuck. I've come up with about 1 or 2 in a brainstorm for each scenario, but I need more.
Anybody want to help? here are the 4 I was given:

1. If pets could talk

2. If anyone could become a doctor

3. If daylight lasted 6 months
(i put as an example just now that i had the idea of havin a dark room people would have to sleep in)
4. Nobody had to sleep

Thank you b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
Post edited by Esnemyl - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If zombies existed.

If we were all half animal.

If there was no racism (period).

lets see....

If the world was like a popular video game.

If we all could just get along (utopia)

This helping out at all?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    nonono XD I had to come up with ideas from the 4 I showed you.
    eg, if daylight lasted 6 hours, I put the idea of people having to sleep in a completely dark room with no windows and stuff I still need more though o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options

1. If pets could talk
    They would tell you how bad of a job your doing.

(I don't even) A. There would be more jobs for everyone
    B. People would be dead b:chuckle

(i put as an example just now that i had the idea of havin a dark room people would have to sleep in)

4. Nobody had to sleep
    Lots of work would still not get done.

Thank you b:cute

X3 Better?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hm. I like scenarios. Let me give it a shot.

1. If pets could talk
    Well, pets/animals can 'talk' in their own 'language' already, but if they could speak in human tongues they'd theoretically voice their opinions which would result in being put on the same level as 'humans' in general... leading eventually to a bloody revolution and the end of the world... or a switch in 'leadership'. Either way: it'll be gory.

There'd be too many different opinions and wrongly performed treatments, and the few 'real' doctors would be looked down upon and lose their job...

People would exhaust faster, suicide rate would rise drastically, nature would wither away, loads of nocturnal animals would vanish except a few that managed to adapt to the changed circumstances... To sum it up: Chaos.

4. Nobody had to sleep
    Some 'smart' people would prolly abuse employees further making them work longer for less or the same amount of payment they get for working 'normally' already.
    Bedding industry would collapse, entertainment branch flourish...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    1. If pets could talk it would question what the criteria would be for being human. You would also have to figure out a distribution method to feed everyone that doesn't include the use of meat.

2. Well putting aside anyone CAN become a doctor, just takes going to school and stuff. There would have to be different scales of doctor-knowledge. It would also have a lot of economical impacts since the rarity of the knowledge would become null. On the plus side, there would naturally be an increase in medical research, and specialization as people worked to differentiate their skill.

3. There are places in Alaska that already see 24 hour daylight. Research what people do there and make an informed opinion. This question is probably testing your ability to research.

4. Thai Ngoc the closest we have to a man who cannot sleep basically says he just he does some work all throughout. It doesn't really seem like time matters to him too much. I think that time would be less emphasized if people didn't sleep as well. There would still be the matter of meeting and such so man would still keep track of time. But when you don't sleep you tend to have you day and night blend together. So I think the biologically need for not working at night would cease.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    1. If pets could talk

They probably wouldn't be pets anymore, but working members of society.

Hospitals probably wouldn't have very high standards and many people would die.

It would mean night time would also last 6 months because the earth would have to rotate 180 times slower for this to happen. As days are already increasing in length by ~20 millionths of a second every day due to the friction of the tides caused by the moon's gravitational pull, it would mean we had arrived at around the year 847 billion A.D. for the earth's rotation to have slowed down this much, assuming the earth will somehow survive the death of the sun, predicted to be in about 5 billion years or so.

4. Nobody had to sleep

Humanity would produce as well as consume almost twice as much due to increased activity, meaning we'd go through our resources much faster than they could possibly keep up with, meaning that we'd probably all die one way or another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]