Multiboxing BH 69

Options
Darkette - Sanctuary
Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I get bored easily; so, to keep myself entertained I started multiboxing pairs of characters about a year ago. I've typically paired things like cleric-archer, cleric-psych, cleric-sin. In leveling them up, BH69 has always been a show stopper until they reach 90; whereupon, I can resume multiboxing BHs 79 and 89.

Well, I finally got off my lazy behind and leveled up a cleric-barb team. Today they reached level-80 and I promptly put them in BH69 ... well, not before I'd thought about it a lot.

I setup the barb with a macro that does Invoke once, then cycles through Flesh Ream and 5 normal attacks repeatedly.

The cleric is setup with a macro that cycles continuously through Purify, IH-Wellstream-IH. (This exists only in the event I have to get on the Barb temporarily while fighting Polearm.)

My long-ago newb days have left me with a healthy respect (fear?) for BH69, so I spent a lot of time hitting upon a winning strategy. Pyro is obviously no problem whatsover -- any self-respecting cleric above level 70 can solo him. But Gaurnob, and most particularly, Polearm is a different matter.

To multibox most efficiently, I place the cleric next to the corridore leading to Pole and Nob, and setup the barb next to the lake -- this is opposite to how most normal squads tackle the problem, but I wanted to lure Pole/Nob with Earthflame, then direct my barb straight to the lake, where he can fight the 2 bosses while their backs are to my cleric (hope I explained that okay). Once my barb is at the lake, I kickoff the aforementioned macro, then switch over to my cleric, where it's business as usual -- the barb is on autopilot, so to speak.

I did this for the first time today and, all worries aside, it was really a piece of cake. Cleric and barb are equipped pretty well -- she is level-80, with 4K HP (pure magic); my barb is level-80, with just shy of 14K HP and 11K pDef.

I guess this is kind of a brag post. As I said, I still remember numerous squad wipes from back in the old days, so I kind of felt I'd accomplished something today. I'm quite certain I'm not the first person who ever did this, btw.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darkette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Cleric and barb are equipped pretty well -- she is level-80, with 4K HP (pure magic); my barb is level-80, with just shy of 14K HP and 11K pDef.

Err and what did you expect..?

I'm not even suprised. I ran BH51 before, just healing my at level barb wih a mystic. ...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I did this for the first time today and, all worries aside, it was really a piece of cake. Cleric and barb are equipped pretty well -- she is level-80, with 4K HP (pure magic); my barb is level-80, with just shy of 14K HP and 11K pDef.

I guess this is kind of a brag post. As I said, I still remember numerous squad wipes from back in the old days, so I kind of felt I'd accomplished something today. I'm quite certain I'm not the first person who ever did this, btw.

OOO ... can you do same with Wizard ?

Because Barbarian, Seeker and Blademaster wear heavy armor and have best Physical defense in this game.

More, Barbarian has best HP (hit points) and proper HP buff for it along with aggro skills.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    People still do bh 69 lol? I thought NW/FC/Warsong/Lunar were the only dungeons that mattered anymore.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    People still do bh 69 lol? I thought NW/FC/Warsong/Lunar were the only dungeons that mattered anymore.

It is rare, this is why OP had created this thread.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lol I don't see the reason to invoke, 14k Hp its more than enough to tank Pole shouldn't even drop below 50% if the Cleric its decently fast at purifying.

Tanking a lv.69ish boss at lv.80(good geared too) as you said isn't really a big deal
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lol I don't see the reason to invoke, 14k Hp its more than enough to tank Pole shouldn't even drop below 50% if the Cleric its decently fast at purifying.

Well, call it insurance. Gotta remember that I'm controlling barb and cleric on one PC; so, there's a couple seconds after I've done the lure and setup the barb when I have to switch over to the cleric. Invoke gives me a margin of safety during the changeover. I expect as I become more adept I'll quit using it.

As I said, multiboxing Pole turned out not to be a big deal -- probably because I have total control and don't have to worry about nitwits stealing aggro or a barb not setup properly to tank (I always check out other players' gear when I'm in RoR and it COMPLETELY astounds me how many players are equipped with nothing but npc white gear -- and many of these are level-80 and above).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It is rare, this is why OP had created this thread.

Its not rare. On Raging Tide I see people looking for bh69 squads everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Err and what did you expect..?

I'm not even suprised. I ran BH51 before, just healing my at level barb wih a mystic. ...lol

Doing BH51 with a mystic healing is a far cry from doing same with Polearm. In BH 29 and 39 I usually let my cleric tank (when I'm multiboxing) because it's quicker -- both alts can do DD. In BH51 my cleric becomes pure healer and whatever alt-parter I've got the cleric teamed with tanks -- archer, sin, psych so far. Cleric tanks everything in BH59, again because it's quicker to do so and the cleric takes less damage, resulting in lower repair bills). Cleric can tank Brig and Linus (in BH79) and reverts to pure healer for Stygean. For multiboxing, my stumbling block has always been Gaurnob and Polearm, but now that I have a barb I can easily multibox that one too.

For those who're acting like you want to hate on me, I never claimed this was any big deal. As a rule, I don't power level, so negotiating the various BHs each day is important for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No big deal, I did it with cleric 2k HP and barb barely 10k HP. And it was before all the crazy gears came out.

Barb macro: flesh ream, normal attack. normal attack, normal attack

cleric macro: wellspring surge, iron heart surge

I will just lure the boss back with barb, then macro it. and cleric macro on barb. Since cleric is on macro, I will not have to do anything except keep my finger on the hot key for purify. If I can hit purify within 3 sec, I am good.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

No, everyone stopped doing it altogether.

No one does that instance at all. Not for divine quests, bh's, fb's, or trophy mode.

Nobody does those things.