Stupid questions

Geshwur - Raging Tide
Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Archer
I've heard some rumors about skills and want confirmation

1. Does sage Take Aim require channeling for max damage? I heard no, and the description seem to agree, but I did some testing and it appears to be false. Are my tests being screwed due to high range of damage on my bow?

2. Boa is unaffected by range. This just seems counter to everything I know about archer...

3. Damage bonus in air to air combat? Do we really do more damage in the air?

Also, anyone have some tips for a sage archer? (pvp)
Current Gears
pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
Post edited by Geshwur - Raging Tide on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've heard some rumors about skills and want confirmation

1. Does sage Take Aim require channeling for max damage? I heard no, and the description seem to agree, but I did some testing and it appears to be false. Are my tests being screwed due to high range of damage on my bow?

2. Boa is unaffected by range. This just seems counter to everything I know about archer...

3. Damage bonus in air to air combat? Do we really do more damage in the air?

Also, anyone have some tips for a sage archer? (pvp)

No such thing as a stupid question except ones not asked. There are however ignorant questions which are acceptable under circumstances. I'll anwser these to the best of my abilities. (Since I'm pretty sure the other active forumers are demon besides like 2)

1. Yes take aim does more damage the longer it charges. Damage spikes can be misleading. Since Take aim is only 3 seconds and each second gives you an additional 125% weapon damage starting at the initial 125% at 0 seconds.

2. BoA is affected by range. The only skills not affected by range are your Metal skills and wingspan/pledge.Edit to add Sage deadly shot before some smartass says it.

3. False. The misconception you might be thinking is demons extra 2% crit from using natural elven wings which don't have to be active(flying) for the effect as long as they are equipped. The reason some people stick archers into the air is because that is where clerics and venos tend to be in some TW situations and those are primary targets for some squads.

Sage's strong point is our range stun and damage. Try to use those in your favor. What exactly are you looking for tip wise in PvP.

Against specific classes?

TW / PK?

Skill combinations?

etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The reason some people stick archers into the air is because that is where clerics and venos tend to be in some TW situations and those are primary targets for some squads.

There are (apparently) TW archers that likes to barrage full r9s from the air... doing 2 to low 3 digit damages.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited September 2012
    There are (apparently) TW archers that likes to barrage full r9s from the air... doing 2 to low 3 digit damages.

Yes and we have BM's fisting crystals and Archers clawing people to death in tw....

b:surrender
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes and we have BM's fisting crystals and Archers clawing people to death in tw....

b:surrender

I did that once; it was hilarious. Out of spontaneity, I triple sparked and clawed a BM that was wielding Deicides.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gonna make a genie with

Earthquake
    Tangling Mire
    Extreme Poison
    Stunning Blast
    Occult Ice
    Faith
    Holy Path

and claw the **** out of people.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Clawing people in TW is one of the best ways for an archer to troll. I especially like doing it to other archers. The typical conversion rate is 1 claw kill = 7 bow kills so it can definitely be worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Clawing with cat ears on also instantly raises your adorable points to over 9000. :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Well **** :( My build is non Aps and can't even equip claws :/
    Current Gears
    edited September 2012
    Well **** :( My build is non Aps and can't even equip claws :/

They are trolling you. ClawArchers are stupid in pvp.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited September 2012

The point was to troll anyways
    For squishes I like just cycling take aim quick shot stunning arrow and sta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    They are trolling you. ClawArchers are stupid.

Haha IK, I was just trollin back xP

Also, fixed*
    Current Gears
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2012

No they aren't, the whopping 150 damage they deal on me really makes me feel like I have an itch somewhere that keeps coming back 5 times every second :(
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.