What`s next?

Options
HideYoHubby - Archosaur
HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Assassin
I honestly am confused on what I should get for my sin next, nothing feels that appealing. My current build is http://pwcalc.com/2e67f6366326c0f4

Currently the things I need to do is getting shards to perfect all around, refining the armors & orns +6-7 after I`ve opened some fairy boxes. After that, I really dont know what I should do with her. I still feel like something more might be fun to upgrade on her but I dont know any real small costs type of improvement.

Ive been thinking of G16 vana daggers if I just can get to some full warsongs and R8r daggers as I try to do trials in 2 factions atm. But neither is exactly small thing but on the lines of pan gu when it comes to expenses. 4 sock chest might be small thing but anything else? I kinda got 100m sitting on me, market seriously unstable on archo atm & nothing feels appealing investment atm.

Ps. Sin is intended as farmer and ppl suggesting DoTs can gtfo, no offense meant.
__Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
Post edited by HideYoHubby - Archosaur on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ... So you go spend about 100m on refining your weapon and 300m on a tome...

and your shards are still mostly flawless?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Flawless gems are awesome, don't listen to Olbaze!

Power to the almighty flawless citrine b:heart
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ... So you go spend about 100m on refining your weapon and 300m on a tome...

and your shards are still mostly flawless?

I popped Daggers on last sale and dibbed on my barbs funds for tome due 2x. I`ve already farmed the helm during this 2x +some coins, which is mostly possible due said investments as in past I had trouble getting vana squads while I got no such issues nowdays. Oh, I`ve been taking shards slowly due the fact I am intending to join luminance after I get my skills so I can farm them there. While shards & refines on armor are kewl, they arent the thing that gets you into farming squads.

I paid only ~260mish for the pan gu as I crafted it myself. I only use 260m as I coulda sold frags, in truth I farmed all but last 150 of them. So I should say I paid 210m for it. Honestly, you make ridiculously simpleminded conclusions over situation you know quite little of. I would of thought mentioning shards/refines as next step would suggested there was reason for taking the steps I took with my gear.

Ps. If you got nothing but insults to offer, just shut up, thanks.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I popped Daggers on last sale and dibbed on my barbs funds for tome due 2x. I`ve already farmed the helm during this 2x +some coins, which is mostly possible due said investments as in past I had trouble getting vana squads while I got no such issues nowdays. Oh, I`ve been taking shards slowly due the fact I am intending to join luminance after I get my skills so I can farm them there. While shards & refines on armor are kewl, they arent the thing that gets you into farming squads.

I paid only ~260mish for the pan gu as I crafted it myself. I only use 260m as I coulda sold frags, in truth I farmed all but last 150 of them. So I should say I paid 210m for it. Honestly, you make ridiculously simpleminded conclusions over situation you know quite little of. I would of thought mentioning shards/refines as next step would suggested there was reason for taking the steps I took with my gear.

That is the common attitude of the so-called 5aps farmers that get killed with the first AoE.

APS and BP heal alone wont save you from a potential 2-hit KO. Olbaze didnt insulted you.

Shards and refines are overlooked , that's why most of assassins die and are useless for a squad.

4aps rank 8 with decent HP is too nice to be jealous of 5aps. All this APS craze is so 2011. Things change
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I popped Daggers on last sale and dibbed on my barbs funds for tome due 2x. I`ve already farmed the helm during this 2x +some coins, which is mostly possible due said investments as in past I had trouble getting vana squads while I got no such issues nowdays. Oh, I`ve been taking shards slowly due the fact I am intending to join luminance after I get my skills so I can farm them there.

Um... 24 sockets, 90 Influence each. That's 2,160 Influence total. In the time that it'd take you to get that, you'd probably have enough to buy the perfect Citrines for your armors several times over.
    While shards & refines on armor are kewl, they arent the thing that gets you into farming squads.

If you "need" to "get into" farming squads, you're doing it wrong.
    Honestly, you make ridiculously simpleminded conclusions over situation you know quite little of. I would of thought mentioning shards/refines as next step would suggested there was reason for taking the steps I took with my gear.

I would've thought that having gear that's valued at a total of somewhere around 500m coins would mean you'd know a bit about where to go next. Guess I was wrong.

Oh please. I didn't say a single word towards such, so get off your horse.

We get topics asking the same damn things over and over and over again. "How do I 5 aps?" "G13 vs R8?" "What should I do now?" "Can I solo X?" Gets rather tiring to answer each and every single one of them, especially since the answers are pretty cookiecutter.

But if you want to know what I'd change:
    1. Shards to at least Immaculates
    2. Refines to at least +6
    3. R8 Ring -> Sign of Frost: Chaos
    4. 4th sockets to G12 gear

From there, it'll just be a road of refining and eventually resharding, which is boring.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Um... 24 sockets, 90 Influence each. That's 2,160 Influence total. In the time that it'd take you to get that, you'd probably have enough to buy the perfect Citrines for your armors several times over.

and lets not forget the actual coin fee which rivals the cost of perfects
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That is the common attitude of the so-called 5aps farmers that get killed with the first AoE.

APS and BP heal alone wont save you fro ma potential 2-hit KO. Olbaze didnt insulted you.

Shards and refiens are overlooked , that's why most of assassins die and are useless for a squad.

4aps rank 8 with decent HP has nice to be jealous of 5aps. All this APS craze is so 2011. Things change

I tank my vanas more often than not, heck, only time I dont tank is when I`m running 4/5man with R9s. Obviously being 1shot is just meh but I`m past the point where more survivability is necessity, it`s simply something nice. Obviously I find it nice or I would just stick with my current gear and not plan on improving. Main point is my need for buffs but as I got barb on different account, those arent such a problem for me.

@Olbaze, jumping into conclusions, arent we? First of all, I farm the shards on 2 toons so I`ll be gaining 90 influence/day or if we want to use your absurd 24 socket count as example it`s 24 days. Now A> I got helmet filled with perfect and thus there is no point resharding it, same with bracers though I`m close of adding another socket slot. B) I`m not going to have 4 sock gear overnight, I go 13-15 sockets to fill. That`s 2 weeks, which imo isnt that bad for sharding.

Why the heck would I waste 1m/socket when I dont have to? Of course I could farm the perfects in the said time but I rather use the coin to something which offers more in return that narrowly worse shards, few days faster. I can direct the saved coin into my refines, which also helps.

I did forget, you play the game your way. Werent you the guy who refused to use blessings? Imo that`s enough bout your farming and experience regarding the matter. Friends, guild? Yeah, those are totally the people I want to slow down. Dont get me wrong, I find socializing important part of the game but those really are the last people I want to slow down due my decisions, like not refining wep due "oversharding/refining" armors.

But thanks for giving your opinion. I did ask `cause I was feeling like I might be missing something I`ve overlooked for reason or the other. I still am curious bout the 2nd lunar ring. I understand it`s due how R8 ring doesnt refine but Wouldnt CoA ring actually make more sense due how it refines mag defense? I feel like mag is what hurts me by far the worst but is there a reason you suggested another lunar ring instead of CoA one?

Ps. I felt like commenting on highly expensive offensive choices and cheap choices for defensive items were making fun of them as it was more or less a "one liner". If not, I apologize my reaction.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @Olbaze, jumping into conclusions, arent we? First of all, I farm the shards on 2 toons so I`ll be gaining 90 influence/day or if we want to use your absurd 24 socket count as example it`s 24 days. Now A> I got helmet filled with perfect and thus there is no point resharding it, same with bracers though I`m close of adding another socket slot. B) I`m not going to have 4 sock gear overnight, I go 13-15 sockets to fill. That`s 2 weeks, which imo isnt that bad for sharding.

Nothing absurd about 24 sockets. That's the maximum amount of sockets and the only reason not to have 24 sockets is if you ended up with 2-3 on G15 pieces.
    Why the heck would I waste 1m/socket when I dont have to? Of course I could farm the perfects in the said time but I rather use the coin to something which offers more in return that narrowly worse shards, few days faster. I can direct the saved coin into my refines, which also helps.

Why the heck would you waste 30-50m on sharding Perfects when you'll eventually want to reshard to Primevals, JoSD or DoTs?

Simple: because the hp:coin ratio is favorable.
    I did forget, you play the game your way. Werent you the guy who refused to use blessings? Imo that`s enough bout your farming and experience regarding the matter. Friends, guild? Yeah, those are totally the people I want to slow down. Dont get me wrong, I find socializing important part of the game but those really are the last people I want to slow down due my decisions, like not refining wep due "oversharding/refining" armors.

Oh no, you're wrong. I just don't use the Facebook blessings. And that's not because I have something against the game, I have something against Facebook.

As for the blessing affecting me as a sin:
    Here is my sin, with 107,138 dps
    Here is a generic 5 aps +10 BM, with 104,631 dps

Since I can already be superior to a better BM, going beyond that point is just ego. I went Sage for a good reason. Not to mention that I can further shame the BM with my Sage Power Dash.
    But thanks for giving your opinion. I did ask `cause I was feeling like I might be missing something I`ve overlooked for reason or the other. I still am curious bout the 2nd lunar ring. I understand it`s due how R8 ring doesnt refine but Wouldnt CoA ring actually make more sense due how it refines mag defense? I feel like mag is what hurts me by far the worst but is there a reason you suggested another lunar ring instead of CoA one?

I suggested a Lunar ring because that's more balanced. The Lunar ring can bring you +1% reduction on both mdef and pdef, which is something the CoA ring can't do. And the thing is, the 180 HP on the R8 affects both magic and physical damage, so you need to make up for that. The only way to do that is to have both pdef and mdef.

About the only good thing about the CoA ring is that it's a rather balanced ring. Not to mention that it has one of the better offensive stats in the game, being the only ring with native 3% crit, high patk and +dex.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My thoughts:

-Get +6-+7 refines on everything
    -Shard Immac cits instead of flawless, and keep those until you get your endgame shards
    -Get Lunar ring instead of R8 ring. R8 ring is only giving you some hp and minor attack bonuses, while a second Lunar ring would give you not only M def and accuracy, but also refines for nice P def at a g13 rate.
    -Work on a better set of daggers, such as the G16 ones. They're not that costly, is more farmable than r9, you don't need to worry much about adds, and it hits really hard. With just 1 -int, it out DDs r9 in PvE farming

Don't forget that "farming" the influence for Exclusive Citrines doesn't meant he Citrines are free. Since you haven't been there yet, maybe you didn't know. Each Exclusive Cit costs about 2.8m to buy, along with the influence. With 24 sockets, you're looking to be spending 67.2m+ for just temporary shards. Not only that, but you'll have to spend 24 days doing that, according to your influence/day thing you have going on.

It's better to just shard immacs as temporary ones, as the ratio is pretty well balanced at that stage. 24m for those shards that give a huge boost vs. 67.2m for those shards that don't really give you a justified boost from immacs. I'm R9+12 along with +10 gear sharded with jades, vit stones, and DoTs, and I still have a piece of gear that is sharded with immacs.

Sure you can argue that Flawless has an even better coin:HP ratio, but if you run Nirvana long enough, immac cits are just as easy as flawless cits.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nothing absurd about 24 sockets. That's the maximum amount of sockets and the only reason not to have 24 sockets is if you ended up with 2-3 on G15 pieces.

Why the heck would you waste 30-50m on sharding Perfects when you'll eventually want to reshard to Primevals, JoSD or DoTs?

Simple: because the hp:coin ratio is favorable.

My point is when you talk bout time, I really dont need 24 sockets anytime soon. 2 weeks for sockets are just fine for me and I really dont get your point bout the time factor as it`s mostly irrelevant. And no, Im not gonna reshard to JoSD/Dots `cept maybe for the 2 g15 pieces to JoSD to cut my PvE dmg taken by quite a bit. I have no intention to make my sin my main, simply a farmer I like to farm with. G15 as I`m tempted to use sins G15 on barb anyways till he gets his G16 as his gear is barely refined at all.

Oh no, you're wrong. I just don't use the Facebook blessings. And that's not because I have something against the game, I have something against Facebook.

As for the blessing affecting me as a sin:
    Here is my sin, with 107,138 dps
    Here is a generic 5 aps +10 BM, with 104,631 dps

Since I can already be superior to a better BM, going beyond that point is just ego. I went Sage for a good reason. Not to mention that I can further shame the BM with my Sage Power Dash.

The point is making runs faster. Sure, I could go and say I out DD the BMs but it`s not the BMs I should be worried, it`s the sins. I can tank vana and thus, I really dont mind tanking it. I`ts the same in barb forums with sage vit barbs going on how beefy they are and complaining how they cant keep aggro. I feel like it`s necessary for me to out DD all but R9 sins as even if I still work on my armors, I still outdo most sins I farm with. Sure I could go all high and mighty and tell them to refine their armors and stop dying or I can go to the path that allows me to have aggro.

I suggested a Lunar ring because that's more balanced. The Lunar ring can bring you +1% reduction on both mdef and pdef, which is something the CoA ring can't do. And the thing is, the 180 HP on the R8 affects both magic and physical damage, so you need to make up for that. The only way to do that is to have both pdef and mdef.

About the only good thing about the CoA ring is that it's a rather balanced ring. Not to mention that it has one of the better offensive stats in the game, being the only ring with native 3% crit, high patk and +dex.

I prolly just go and get another lunar ring then, my barb actually sitting on 150m+ with nothing appealing to invest on. I just felt like the mag attacks hurt me quite a bit it would be nice to cut that dmg by fair but I suppose I get hit by p.dmg so much more often that refining for it works better.

@Skai: I`m trying to get myself to extent I can do full warsongs and the endgame sharding is only to as fas as I need to. So mix of perfects/endgame is what I go for if I need to or simply perfects. And I know bout the 2.5m fee, which is just fine with me as I dont intend to reshard all of my armors after that point. Compared to perfects, it`s 500k less than perfects on archo due absurd lack of anything on server. If somebody sells perfects it`s for ~4m, thus you are better off crafting your own.

Bout G16 vana daggers, guildie did out dps R9+10 of 3.33aps with pair of trashy addons on +3(Keeping there till gets -int addon). G16 vana daggers are quite absurd tbh, I simply need to get into squads that do full warsong and farm raps on next 2x =/. It`s a long term plan of mine and R8r is due how I actually like doing trials.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The point is making runs faster. Sure, I could go and say I out DD the BMs but it`s not the BMs I should be worried, it`s the sins. I can tank vana and thus, I really dont mind tanking it. I`ts the same in barb forums with sage vit barbs going on how beefy they are and complaining how they cant keep aggro. I feel like it`s necessary for me to out DD all but R9 sins as even if I still work on my armors, I still outdo most sins I farm with. Sure I could go all high and mighty and tell them to refine their armors and stop dying or I can go to the path that allows me to have aggro.

And the point I'm trying to make is that you already have hefty DPS, so you need to re-focus on your armors. Because really, any char with +10 weapon and +5 armors is already sad, don't make it any sadder by going +11 or +12.

As for your DPS, here's a few comparisons:
    You currently: 120,192 dps
    Generic 5 aps +10 sin: 120,870 dps
    Generic 5 aps +10 G15 sin: 151,290 dps
    Generic 4 aps R9 +10 sin: 167,818 dps

My point? You're already pretty much equal to the most cookie-cutter sin in terms of DPS and you'll never get close to the ones above that unless you change your weapon. And changing your weapon when you already have it at +10 is a bit of a silly move. Especially since the costs of improving from where you are would be ridiculous to say the least.

And really, getting more DPS when you already have +10 isn't going to change much. Shave off a few seconds from your run, maybe. But if you're actually counting seconds then obviously you need to step outside and realize how pointless that is. And perhaps get a job at a factory making soccer balls, that'll be a more relaxed environment.