Cat Shop Scammers are Banned; Real Scammers Aren't?

tweakz
tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
The only ones being ripped off by cat shops are people who are too lazy / ignorant / impulsive, and for those issues; any profitable cat shop is guilty of exploiting. There's also legitimate accidents in pricing. -I've lost a lot of coin by failing to add a zero or two in haste. Not just that, but the community publicly dumps on people who run misleading cat shops, while they are avoidable.

Today during 2x, I drop what I'm doing to join a BH Lunar 500k split. I wait for stupid Assassin to log cleric while a few are dueling (have no interest in duel). I pay my share, then am asked if I mind if that cleric now pays for drops. I get trade offer, get my coin back and leave squad. My time and teleport just wasted so someone can exploit a squad (reminder it's 2x). My time and opportunities wasted when they said 500k split in the tele.

-That wasn't the first time, or only way that someone's tried to pull a switcharoo after making a squad. Sadly this was by someone I'd known of for quite a while and now do not trust to join squad of again.

Would PWI ban them if I ticketed?
Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
Post edited by tweakz on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't see any wrong with what they were doing. Someone decided to pay for the drops instead of sharing a split and they gave you your share back, and you decided to leave the squad - am I following so far? Do you want them banned because of that? Because they didn't seem to have scammed anyone, they just changed their mind.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i doubt theyd do anything about it since its no actual "scamming"...ur the one responsible for ur own timewaste if u joined that squad in the first place

on the other hand i have to say that i hate it as well when i go with a random squad for once and then they waste almost 2h getting ppl and then fail with w/e (warsong in that particular case)

best thing is, get 2 others and just do lunar (or w/e instance) 3man, every1 playing 2 chars or w/e
  • HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What happened there is rude but not a scam for sure.
    Yes they didn't announce it would be no fee for drops but you got your money back.

Now what i am wondering was it discussed in the squad before they changed their minds?
    If yes it is your loss although a bit rude
    If not well then its extremely rude but still your loss.
    Either way you join a random squad then this is simply a risk that is there even if it is rude and wrong.

However since you got your money for the fee back you were not scammed, if they simply kicked you after paying the fee then it would be considered a scam.

If you don't want this to happen again either form your own squad or run with friends/faction

PS if you reply about how ignorant I am or whatever instead of giving me constructive critism then don't bother
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Scam: A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.
    -http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scam
    Swindle: 1. To cheat or defraud of money or property.
    2. To obtain by fraudulent means: swindled money from the company.
    -http://www.thefreedictionary.com/swindle

Fraud is inviting people for a BH Lunar 500k split when it is not. Cheating and defraud of money is done by wasting those people's time (time is money) in hopes to further exploit their ignorance.

The only time's I've changed the dynamic of a run after the WC is when absolutely everyone in the party agrees. An example would be where everyone wanted RB BH at spawn (when the WC said rainbow) and the cleric was the first to suggest it. If you don't get full consent in a timely manner: it's just wrong.
    shashahah wrote: »
    i doubt theyd do anything about it since its no actual "scamming"...ur the one responsible for ur own timewaste if u joined that squad in the first place

-gtho troll. This person was not previously on my list of crappy players, wasn't a noob, and clearly stated 500k split. There is no way someone could avoid that.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • zarakireaper
    zarakireaper Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    they gave your money back now grow up and get over it or play another game
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The bottom line is that it is not a scam, people often change their minds and you were not deprived of anything. Yes, you had a few minutes of your time in game wasted, but you haven't lost anything of real value.

It is not a violation, regardless of how you may think you can justify it.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.