ninja 2x

2»

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The supply and demand curve does not explain inflation. Inflation is caused by more coins circulating in the economy. I fully understand the supply and demand curve.

There isn't more coins circulating because everyone is hoarding the coins.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Whitephantom - Harshlands
    Whitephantom - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There isn't more coins circulating because everyone is hoarding the coins.

Then perhaps you should have read what I was replying to before entering into the conversation.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Supply > demand

Farmers provide the supply. The demand isn't there so the price drops.

Farmers sell for dirt cheap for quick cash because they are too lazy.

Merchants like me buy the dirt cheap and resell later at a huge profit gain.

Farmers then get screwed. Thats how

I'm sure I'm not as successful as you at being merchant. I can say though that the way PW has been doing sales has been sketchier for merchants lately. Being a great merchant requires taking some risks and I hate gambling. I farm and merchant, and I'm def not in your league but good enough to make me happy. My hate of gambling inhibits me of course.
  • Jax - Momaganon
    Jax - Momaganon Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i just think it's really funny that it's the 101+ farmers/merchants complaining that we don't "need" 2x. So worried about the economy.

Care to cast a thought in the direction of the people who actually farm for their own gear? Shame on them for not buying from you instead?

The economy was already irretrievably damaged by the gooners who saturated the farming instances/markets. How many of you don't know tons of players who hurry-quick made 101+ farming sins b4 dragoons were devalued?

Thanks for 2x pwi. I know a lot of players who are taking advantage of the chance to farm their own gear this weekend.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    b:victory Thank you for 2x drops, pwi. This is just what I needed for doing my stupid dragon quests for those overpriced Bracers. <.<

Not to mention farming TT for mats for my alts. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    b:victory Thank you for 2x drops, pwi. This is just what I needed for doing my stupid dragon quests for those overpriced Bracers. <.<

Not to mention farming TT for mats for my alts. ^^

Those bracers are freaking awesome. When you're done with them you can selll them off and buy your tt99 bracers. At least you can on DW don't know the going price on sanct of the two items. And you'll have a little coin left over to shard them. Annnnd they are cheap to 4 socket. Annnd they have more p.def than the tt90 gold bracers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Supply > demand

the amount of coins in the economy isnt really effected by 2x, unless you think DQ farmers and RB spammers really have that much of an effect on the coin supply, which would be ridiculous.

2m and 5m coin cards from BH, and best luck tokens have a much greater impact on the coin supply.

PWI pushed people to 100 hard, and pushes 5aps hard, so there is a greater amount of people who can farm 3-2/3 and nirvana. with the lack of influx of new players and the lack of different instances to farm to sell stuff to other players, more and more people are being collected in the nirvana farming cul de sac, there isnt too many places for people to go, and as more and more of the population gains their nirvana gear, the lower the demand for nirvana farmables will be.

the overall demand is lower, regardless of 2x, the price point operates within that sphere of demand. the only reason to complain about the free market working is that you have made investments that wont pay off. or you find fault with the overall endgame farming structure. the market itself is fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i just think it's really funny that it's the 101+ farmers/merchants complaining that we don't "need" 2x. So worried about the economy.

Care to cast a thought in the direction of the people who actually farm for their own gear? Shame on them for not buying from you instead?

The economy was already irretrievably damaged by the gooners who saturated the farming instances/markets. How many of you don't know tons of players who hurry-quick made 101+ farming sins b4 dragoons were devalued?

Thanks for 2x pwi. I know a lot of players who are taking advantage of the chance to farm their own gear this weekend.

*Pops bubble* ATM: I don't think Sins are most profitable. -And yeah I have 4 base aps sins with ~7.5k HP, and +10 weap.

Gooners spent gobs to get their base stats to +10 mag/w.e. of what my highest level has. I don't envy them. I don't even consider the Goon glitch an issue at all. PW should have just accepted and allowed it.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Aw, man...just when I thought I could take it easy from NV for awhile...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Supply > demand

my overall profit on 2x drop is much higher than on non 2x drop (i'm f2p player)...
    i don't know farmers who sell during 2x and buy during non 2x, if they do it's their own fault...

there are also people that are not farming for profit, they farm materials for their gear which is not possible/ineffective during non 2x drop
    b:victory

so i don't see the point why 2x drop is bad
    b:bye

P.S. if you don't like 2x drop, than don't farm/merchant during 2x drop... thank you
  • RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
    RealVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Didn't see any mention of it anywhere, it just suddenly was announced in game. Did somebody demand some kind of compensation for something? >.>

Rumors are terrorists came and hijacked PWI US.
    At this time no organisation has claimed responsibility...

lol
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I farm my gears, your point? lol

And meh, so many people only looking at the right now effect of 2x. Look at it in the long run and you will see why we see it with a critical eye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Go ninja, Go ninja, Goooooooo
    edited June 2012
    my overall profit on 2x drop is much higher than on non 2x drop (i'm f2p player)...
    i don't know farmers who sell during 2x and buy during non 2x, if they do it's their own fault...

there are also people that are not farming for profit, they farm materials for their gear which is not possible/ineffective during non 2x drop
    b:victory

so i don't see the point why 2x drop is bad
    b:bye

P.S. if you don't like 2x drop, than don't farm/merchant during 2x drop... thank you

Tons sell their mats during x2. It's called doing the nirvana run split.

x2 is the lazy peoples excuse to not farm when its not on because they can't get their gear "fast enough" QQQQQQQQ

If you really think x2 is always good then.... /facepalm

I don't plan on wasting my time in the mats market anyways as its still recovering from last time.

I'll stick to spending my time helping others instead.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• bladerunnerdm
    edited June 2012
    Tons sell their mats during x2. It's called doing the nirvana run split.

even selling during 2x drop gives higher profit then during non-double drop

cannys normal price: 330k
    cannys 2x drop price: 275k

assuming you got double amount of cannys for the same amount of runs you're still making profit (limit value would be 330k/2=165k for cannys on double drop)
    x2 is the lazy peoples excuse to not farm when its not on because they can't get their gear "fast enough" QQQQQQQQ

it's not smart to do 300 runs instead of 150 to farm a piece of gear (repair, potions, time)
    it's also much harder to find squads during non 2x drop
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    it's not smart to do 300 runs instead of 150 to farm a piece of gear (repair, potions, time)
    it's also much harder to find squads during non 2x drop

But if you have to wait 3 months so that you can do 150 runs in a week, it's not really making a difference.

And if you're farming gear, you wouldn't be "finding" squads, you'd be making them.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited June 2012
    But if you have to wait 3 months so that you can do 150 runs in a week, it's not really making a difference.

it's making a difference and i'm not the only one believing this, or why do you think is nirvana flooded during 2x drop only?

btw. i remember a post of you where yo say go farming during 2x drop, in the time between do your daily stuff like bh,...
    why did you changed your attitude?
    And if you're farming gear, you wouldn't be "finding" squads, you'd be making them.

fixed:
    it's also much harder to find or forming squads during non 2x drop

don't believe it? try it!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    it's making a difference and i'm not the only one believing this, or why do you think is nirvana flooded during 2x drop only?

btw. i remember a post of you where yo say go farming during 2x drop, in the time between do your daily stuff like bh,...
    why did you changed your attitude?

Oh, I don't care either way. I've done <100 Nirvanas total in all of my PWI career. Last 2x the only Nirvanas I did were 99 key runs for myself and a few faction members.

And as far as I'm concerned, I'm more of a buyer and less of a farmer. And really, waiting 3 months to save 10-20% on a piece of gear isn't what I'd consider a good move. Then again that's highly influenced by me being a merchant.
    fixed:
    it's also much harder to find or forming squads during non 2x drop

don't believe it? try it!

Now you're just sounding like Pokemon.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited June 2012
    Oh, I don't care either way. I've done <100 Nirvanas total in all of my PWI career. Last 2x the only Nirvanas I did were 99 key runs for myself and a few faction members.

i see you keep again talking about stuff you're not in touch with...
    And as far as I'm concerned, I'm more of a buyer and less of a farmer. And really, waiting 3 months to save 10-20% on a piece of gear isn't what I'd consider a good move. Then again that's highly influenced by me being a merchant.

you didn't get the point, now you're talking about buying mats during non 2x drop instead of buying 2x drop... the discussion was about farming the mats directly >.<

ANYWAY:
    people are farming during 2x drop, even if they have to wait 3 month, no matter what you say this is a fact!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    ANYWAY:
    people are farming during 2x drop, even if they have to wait 3 month, no matter what you say this is a fact!

My point: People are farming during 2x because they're lazy, not because it's the best way to acquire the items.

Farming 3 runs/day over 3 months gets you the same result as farming 20 runs/day for a week during 2x.

In fact, if we're talking farming, during 3 months you could do ~360 runs at most. Add to that the 4/day for the week of 2x and that's a total of 416 runs in ~100 days. To get the same result during just the 2x week, you'd be looking at 30 runs/day.

Now if you ask me, I'd rather spend 20-45 minutes a day for 100 days rather than spend 5-6 hours a day in Nirvana for a week.
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited June 2012
    My point: People are farming during 2x because they're lazy, not because it's the best way to acquire the items.

Farming 3 runs/day over 3 months gets you the same result as farming 20 runs/day for a week during 2x.

In fact, if we're talking farming, during 3 months you could do ~360 runs at most. Add to that the 4/day for the week of 2x and that's a total of 416 runs in ~100 days. To get the same result during just the 2x week, you'd be looking at 30 runs/day.

Now if you ask me, I'd rather spend 20-45 minutes a day for 100 days rather than spend 5-6 hours a day in Nirvana for a week.

My point: people are smart spending 3 month with focus on bh, trials, full delta, pq3,...
    and then farming the required stuff within just 1 week during 2x

like i already said it's nearly impossible to find/form squads during non 2x drops and if you would farming gear instead of merchanting you would know this

Now if you ask me, i'd rather spam one week 8 hours/day instead of trying to form daily squads over 3 month when nobody wants to farm
    edited June 2012

^ This.
    My point: people are smart spending 3 month with focus on bh, trials, full delta, pq3,...
    and then farming the required stuff within just 1 week during 2x

like i already said it's nearly impossible to find/form squads during non 2x drops and if you would farming gear instead of merchanting you would know this

Now if you ask me, i'd rather spam one week 8 hours/day instead of trying to form daily squads over 3 month when nobody wants to farm
    People being lazy. I easily can farm any instance I want during non x2 just as well as during x2. It's called friends and factions. If neither are willing to help you need to get new ones. Btw... You can easily do your normal routine and adding an extra hour to do 3 runs daily isn't exactly going to kill you if you're that dedicated to "farming" your gear. x2 is the laziness QQ factor not the cost effective one.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3