PvP B0red0m

Options
ResMePls - Heavens Tear
ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
S0 recently I have been playing/merching and I have been debating which class I sh0uld c0nsidering gearing up f0r s0me PK fun. Any suggesti0ns :<? I really can't decide. Just Fyi I have already ch0sen n0t t0 buy r9.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
Post edited by ResMePls - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    S0 recently I have been playing/merching and I have been debating which class I sh0uld c0nsidering gearing up f0r s0me PK fun. Any suggesti0ns :<? I really can't decide. Just Fyi I have already ch0sen n0t t0 buy r9.

Just be another fish. PK is easy with them. You don't need OP gear (just a weapon and high aps). Takes little to no effort to play and win with.

If you want an actual challenge make a wizard.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Just be another fish. PK is easy with them. You don't need OP gear (just a weapon and high aps). Takes little to no effort to play and win with.

If you want an actual challenge make a wizard.

S0rry I was n0t clear, but I basically have every class but a high level cleric, just have n0t really geared any 0f them up. Als0 I already have pretty much decided n0t t0 r0ll the fish f0r seri0us PK, I am already aware 0f h0w easy they are t0 play and it's n0 fun x.x. My mind is currently ar0und Archer,Barb,BM just n0t sure which xD.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Mystics are quite fun for pk and can do very well without r9. Just make sure you go demon though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited June 2012
    Options
    S0rry I was n0t clear, but I basically have every class but a high level cleric, just have n0t really geared any 0f them up. Als0 I already have pretty much decided n0t t0 r0ll the fish f0r seri0us PK, I am already aware 0f h0w easy they are t0 play and it's n0 fun x.x. My mind is currently ar0und Archer,Barb,BM just n0t sure which xD.
    Pros and Cons

BM
    + Nice CC / Good all around defense(Marrows) and offensive/support skills
    - Chi ****** / Generally have to be marrowed to survive more powerful targets which leaves them vulnerable to other traits

Archer
    + Wide range of skills Physical as well as Magical / Very high end Damage
    - Low defense / Gimped CC

Barb
    + High hp and defense allowing them to take a lot of punishment
    - Not very good for damage dealing generally without suffering loss in vit stats (demon cultivation helps a lot / aps)
    Mystics are quite fun for pk and can do very well without r9. Just make sure you go demon though.
    Shouldn't say mystics are only good for pk if they are demon ;p
    That's like saying a archer/wizard is only good if they are demon.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That's like saying a archer... is only good if they are demon.

You mean that's not true :o?

b:question
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Here's a pvp challenge for you AA barb b:laugh

Ok how about HA cleric

Oh I know Fist Wizzie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Pros and Cons

BM
    + Nice CC / Good all around defense(Marrows) and offensive/support skills
    - Chi ****** / Generally have to be marrowed to survive more powerful targets which leaves them vulnerable to other traits

Archer
    + Wide range of skills Physical as well as Magical / Very high end Damage
    - Low defense / Gimped CC

Barb
    + High hp and defense allowing them to take a lot of punishment
    - Not very good for damage dealing generally without suffering loss in vit stats (demon cultivation helps a lot / aps)

That's like saying a archer/wizard is only good if they are demon.

Well currently I have full -int gear for my BM/Barb, but I had planned 0n restatting my barb back t0 tank build. And my archer has everything except a b0w and t0p. Generally f0r my barb/bm I was kinda thinking s0mething like this(since it's all stashable).

Barb

Made a mistake 0n the legs(n0t stage 2) but ya y0u get the p0int x.x.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Fixed it for you b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Fixed it for you b:pleased

That was s0 n0t needed *facepalm*...
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You mean that's not true :o?

b:question
    I disprove it every day b:chuckle
    Well currently I have full -int gear for my BM/Barb, but I had planned 0n restatting my barb back t0 tank build. And my archer has everything except a b0w and t0p. Generally f0r my barb/bm I was kinda thinking s0mething like this(since it's all stashable).

Barb

Made a mistake 0n the legs(n0t stage 2) but ya y0u get the p0int x.x.

Go with a BM. My reasoning is most of the non R9 people who pk anymore are fish. BM's eat them like there's no tomorrow when built right. Heck I saw a level 85 BM faceroll a level 100 sin (after about... 5 minutes) it was embarrassing to watch tbh...
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

It's no offense, but unless he's planning on always PVPing with other people (which is where the puri chance on sage single target heal would really come in handy), I'd go demon on mystic just for more CC and the amps. The only things sage mystic has over a demon one anyway is the puri chance on single target heal and longer anti-stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I disprove it every day b:chuckle

Go with a BM. My reasoning is most of the non R9 people who pk anymore are fish. BM's eat them like there's no tomorrow when built right. Heck I saw a level 85 BM faceroll a level 100 sin (after about... 5 minutes) it was embarrassing to watch tbh...

Ya true I d0 see BMs taking 0ut fish given the right gear and skill level. But 0ddly en0ugh I find I have a much easier time killing fish 0n my barb(especially sins) c0mpared t0 my BM.
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    BM are terriable. Even end game BM are punching bags (unless thats what you enjoy).

I would go with a mystic.

Mystic stun lock > BM
    Mystic sleep lock > cleric
    Mystic heal (dont even need a pissing contest with wellspring)
    Mystic continuous passive heal buff
    Mystic has bypass def lvl attack
    Mystic has crit buff
    Mystic magic attack buff
    Mystic pdef buff and water buff
    Mystic push
    Mystic can remove paralysis
    Mystic sharpen tooth like archer
    Mystic detect sins
    Mystic has anti stun skill and run skill like BM
    Mystic has HP buff like barb
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's no offense, but unless he's planning on always PVPing with other people (which is where the puri chance on sage single target heal would really come in handy), I'd go demon on mystic just for more CC and the amps. The only things sage mystic has over a demon one anyway is the puri chance on single target heal and longer anti-stun.
    Who PVPs alone anymore. I rarely ever see a 1v1 unless it's requested. 99% of it is gank and stealthed apoth sparking sins.
    BM are terriable. Even end game BM are punching bags (unless thats what you enjoy).

Mystic stun lock > BM
    Mystic has crit buff
    Mystic magic attack buff
    Mystic push
    Mystic detect sins

You forget the part where the mystics will get rolled by the Vast amount of fish and the BM won't.
    Absorb soul isn't even that hard hitting even amped with NV.
    Crit buff = 50mil to get and learn and only works for 1 skill.
    The HP debuff is also a 50mil skill only reduces by 8% for 8 seconds(even the genie skill Ice Blast is better)
    The HP buff is another 50mil skill and only increases by 8% for 8 seconds.

If you're going to make a list of all these nice "perks" be sure to include how "useful" they are.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited June 2012
    Options

Mystic stun lock > BM
    Mystic has crit buff
    Mystic magic attack buff
    Mystic push
    Mystic detect sins

Mystic gets 1 shot from a noncrit nonsparked headhunt from my sin.

Every class has +'s and -'s in PK/TW and Mystics are pretty good at a lot of things, but they aren't the end all you seem to think. BMs much better at dealing with sins then just about anyother class. Of course alot of that depends on the player, and GOD there are so many facerolling sins out there b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Every class has +'s and -'s in PK/TW and Mystics are pretty good at a lot of things, but they aren't the end all you seem to think. BMs much better at dealing with sins then just about anyother class. Of course alot of that depends on the player, and GOD there are so many facerolling sins out there b:shutup

I prefer dealing with sins on my psy rather than my bm
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Psy has the same problem as mystic and every other squishy 1 shot from stealth, though if you keep soul of stunning on you can usually return stun the sin and maybe someone else will get him or you can if you weren't 1 shot.

Main thing with anyclass in fighting sins is not getting 1 shot from stealth, which is why I have no problems dealing with sins on my cleric in TW. Sin pops out trying to kill me, they get confused for a second on why I didn't get 1 shot (or why most of the time my charm didn't even tick) then I sleep them if I can and leave or attack and might kill or help kill them if they don't restealth real fast.

That's also why bms, seekers, barbs are pretty decent against sins, cause of their hp and phys def. And BMs with the most stuns are most successful because they can keep the sin from running away most times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2012
    Options
    And BMs with the most stuns are most successful because they can keep the sin from running away most times.

This is why I suggest a BM, among the 3 choices he listed. He didn't say any casting classes

He specifically listed BM Barb and Archer. I listed the pros and cons of each and based on what I've seen the BM would be the best choice.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited June 2012
    Options

Any0ne can be a 1 hit.....Especially the p00r arcanes :<.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Any0ne can be a 1 hit.....Especially the p00r arcanes :<.

Of course any class taking a crit from an arma or an r9 zerk crit can get a 20 or 30k hit and die, never said they couldn't

But guess it takes so long to make your posts you missed my other one stating that b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2012
    Options
    Psy has the same problem as mystic and every other squishy 1 shot from stealth, though if you keep soul of stunning on you can usually return stun the sin and maybe someone else will get him or you can if you weren't 1 shot.

Main thing with anyclass in fighting sins is not getting 1 shot from stealth, which is why I have no problems dealing with sins on my cleric in TW. Sin pops out trying to kill me, they get confused for a second on why I didn't get 1 shot (or why most of the time my charm didn't even tick) then I sleep them if I can and leave or attack and might kill or help kill them if they don't restealth real fast.

That's also why bms, seekers, barbs are pretty decent against sins, cause of their hp and phys def. And BMs with the most stuns are most successful because they can keep the sin from running away most times.

personally preferance
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Of course any class taking a crit from an arma or an r9 zerk crit can get a 20 or 30k hit and die, never said they couldn't

But guess it takes so long to make your posts you missed my other one stating that b:chuckle

Assumpti0ns, assumpti0ns tsk tsk.....Anyway I was n0t bashing y0ur p0st sheesh D:<.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Assumpti0ns, assumpti0ns tsk tsk.....Anyway I was n0t bashing y0ur p0st sheesh D:<.

you know what they say about people who assume
    edited June 2012
    Options
    you know what they say about people who assume

N0 tell me *sh0cked face*!!!

Anyway thanks f0r the input th0se wh0 helped. I think I will g0 with my Barb/BM since the gear I will get can be stashed anyway.
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Psy has the same problem as mystic and every other squishy 1 shot from stealth.

An endgame mystic would not get 1 shot by a sin from stealth i know because it's been done even throw in a zerk and might not end up a 1 shot. b:shutup
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
    edited June 2012
    Options
    An endgame mystic would not get 1 shot by a sin from stealth i know because it's been done even throw in a zerk and might not end up a 1 shot. b:shutup

You should read my post. I clearly say I'm not claiming to be 1 shotting high refined or r9 people. Just that I've 1 shot a number of them pretty easily, some even with r8 at around +5ish refines.

But as Res said, all but sins can be 1 shot (sins cause of deadened nerves, but that's just a 2 shot b:chuckle) it just takes the right combination of debuffs, crits and bad luck.

Why do people comment without paying attention to what has been posted?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I love how people still QQ about sins with their fail builds. Even if they stun lock my barbs that are the same level, they can't even kill him even if I was AFK.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]