Trial 3 glitch

Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Has this happened to anyone before?

1) Start the trial at 0/18 guards.
2) Mobs that attack towers do no spawn until the 2nd spawn point has started.
3) All the mobs that are suppose to spawn for 3 different towers spawn at once, on a single target.
4) Mob guard count goes to negative

http://imgur.com/Ou8J9

Trials are fun, but these issues makes it annoying for everyone. Anything like the above happen to anyone, or experienced by anyone? Any fixes?

I stay with the mobs from room 1 until they die in 2nd trial, so far no problems.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Has this happened to anyone before?

1) Start the trial at 0/18 guards.
    2) Mobs that attack towers do no spawn until the 2nd spawn point has started.
    3) All the mobs that are suppose to spawn for 3 different towers spawn at once, on a single target.
    4) Mob guard count goes to negative

http://imgur.com/Ou8J9

Trials are fun, but these issues makes it annoying for everyone. Anything like the above happen to anyone, or experienced by anyone? Any fixes?

I stay with the mobs from room 1 until they die in 2nd trial, so far no problems.

Has something similar happen a couple weeks ago, where we realized the guard count was at 0/18, but all guards were still there. We decided to keep going and boss spawned as normal.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    We would have done the same, except all mobs decided to show up at once on the towers, before support could get to them, guards were dead. It took me 5 seconds to reach the mobs, but as you can see they were all dead.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    your guild must really suck to get -10 guards b:shutup

And never seen the glitch. Either just start, or reset and then start. Never causes problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    We had a negative number several times long ago. I had experimented with this glitch and was able to reproduce it for some laughs xD.

The reason why it glitches like this is because trial reset is not a normal instant instance reset, but it requires the completion of a timer quest. When you talk to the npc of trial 3, the person who is resetting the trial is the only one to receive a quest in his/her quest log. The trial will not fully reset unless the timer of this wait quest runs out. So say if 6 guards were killed, and then you decide to reset the trial. You will receive that timer quest. If the person who took the reset quest some how dies, that timer quest will semi fail to fully reset. When the trial resumes, the guard counter will be -6.

Also, you don't necessarily have to be dead to activate this reset glitch. You can choose to reset the trial and go into catshop mode. When you are in catshop mode, even if the timer quest to restart the instance runs out, the instance will not fully reset and will result with having a negative number of guards. I usually set up a catshop to buy celesprits from members who are farming and would reset the trial multiple times as we wait for more members to show. It was this reason that I had discovered how the negative number resulted. This is similar to how people were glitching Caster nirvana buy setting up a catshop to bypass the quest that consumes the talisman.

You can also use this technique in a special way to hold an instance and prevent it from resetting even after the timer for an instance reaches 0 as long as there is no maintenance. But of course I am not getting into that xD