Forum suggestion: A display gender option...

Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
Yeah well... It happens a lot that some ppl are mistaken for the wrong gender... Like guys playing veno's, ppl that rather stare at characters from the opposite, Frankie being mistaken for a girl among some other GM's/Mod's... So wouldn't it be nice if you could select an overall gender to be displayed under your avi? Not that it's such a big deal but I think guys for example don't really like to be mistaken for a girl... b:chuckle
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
BigHearts member... f:grin
Post edited by Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Yeah well... It happens a lot that some ppl are mistaken for the wrong gender... Like guys playing veno's, ppl that rather stare at characters from the opposite, Frankie being mistaken for a girl among some other GM's/Mod's... So wouldn't it be nice if you could select an overall gender to be displayed under your avi? Not that it's such a big deal but I think guys for example don't really like to be mistaken for a girl... b:chuckle

isn't that where the delete button is for? Look before touchy! Besides, if you do get seen for girl, use it to your advantage. Enough creeps trying to get layed and see female toons as likely RL females as well. So use it to your advantage and have them shower you with gifts b:chuckle

I know, it isn't nice nor allowed likely. But hey, perving isnt allowed either. So who are they going to call in? The GM's? They just end up getting banned for harrasing others b:laugh (evil grin + laugh)
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    isn't that where the delete button is for? Look before touchy! Besides, if you do get seen for girl, use it to your advantage. Enough creeps trying to get layed and see female toons as likely RL females as well. So use it to your advantage and have them shower you with gifts b:chuckle

I know, it isn't nice nor allowed likely. But hey, perving isnt allowed either. So who are they going to call in? The GM's? They just end up getting banned for harrasing others b:laugh (evil grin + laugh)

I actually am a girl... Thanks for doubting... b:sweat And i don't mean it like a "you have to fill it in" option but rather as something optional... It would be funny if someone where to try dating a GM thinking it's a girl though... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    edited March 2012
    I actually am a girl... Thanks for doubting... b:sweat And i don't mean it like a "you have to fill it in" option but rather as something optional... It would be funny if someone where to try dating a GM thinking it's a girl though... b:laugh

Oh I did not meant to say you are not, just tried to say that people should look before clicking buttons. Read even. It's their own fault for clicking things without looking. b:cute

LOL, would be epic to see that happen indeed! Would be a great laugh for everyone b:laugh
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Eh... it's one of those things you learn to put up with.

Half the forum refers to me as a guy when I'm not a guy in the least (unless I've grown new body parts overnight) but it's one of those things that comes with the anon icon. Same applies to venos (who most assume are guys anyways) and people who post using female chars in general. For those who really get concerned over it, they can always put their real gender in their sig or such.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Haha that happens to me often enough when posting on my veno. Even ingame people think I'm a guy sometimes.

But eh, put up with it. The people I care about and who know me all know I'm a girl. lol

I don't think it's really needed. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    there are a lot more female gamers then both the gaming industry as the general population of this planet think. Only a few seem to understand that there are more female players online then mentioned. But oh well, no real problem i guess b:cute

I do however find it rather annoying that so many pervs trying to get in your panties all the time. The presents are welcomed, but the perving is not. Girls are on to game like any other person is, not to get layed or have pixelsex b:chuckle
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    I do however find it rather annoying that so many pervs trying to get in your panties all the time. The presents are welcomed, but the perving is not. Girls are on to game like any other person is, not to get layed or have pixelsex b:chuckle

Agreed... Guys are all like: OMG it's a girl! I'm totally gonna date that! b:dirty It's so annoying... Really if I wanted to date or anything I would just go outside and wear skimpy clothes like everyone else does here... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Agreed... Guys are all like: OMG it's a girl! I'm totally gonna date that! b:dirty It's so annoying... Really if I wanted to date or anything I would just go outside and wear skimpy clothes like everyone else does here... b:surrender

well, I had worse then 'date'. If guys see my mystic, they rather think with something else and keep harrasing me b:shocked But you're right, if I wanted to date or anything, i'd just go out or something. Really didn't ask to get harrased by some wannabe gamer! b:surrender
  • Soubi_sama - Heavens Tear
    Soubi_sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    But...I like being mistaken as a guy. :< All the ghay smex I get. c:
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Honestly, I think it's pointless since it's only venos and barbs who you can't really choose a gender for. The rest of the classes have both options, male or female. The guys who make female characters on purpose will most likely put their gender as a girl or vice versa. If you call a guy who happens to have a female toon "she", I'm sure if they get really bugged by it, they'll inform you that they are male or vice versa. Most people who make toons that do not correspond with their true gender like being mistaken for the opposite gender anyways. I'd be all up for it if more people would be serious about such an option though, I think most people would use it to troll. However, that's just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]