Please be wary of Phishing Sites!

13»

Comments

• CptSnot - Dreamweaver
    CptSnot - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Better Fix the AH than posting this stupid **** about some Phishing Site....
  • poplappie
    poplappie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have two accounts that have been **** ,they changed my username and password and email address , i am now on this account in the faction where 4 of my characters is and they have not logged since it have been ****.

I send private message to GM frakieraye and fuzzywuzz now for two days have not received answer from them ,i send a ticket on this account to support but i think my email is wrong so i can not do anything.

How in this world do u get answers when a hacker changed your email ,the ticket showed there is no problem found ,when i am the account holder for 5 years and i am on a dummy account to find out what is going on with my **** accounts.

Can someone please help me or give me some advice to what i must do to get it back
  • eva99
    eva99 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i was playing about 3+ year pwi and first time i asking for help,i created new character on same acount bt new server, eurpe morai .i cant get jones blessing its saying ''Could not send item. Please try again later.'' PLZ help me ....al have that blessing bt i cant get ... (sorry my english not well)
  • Leoko - Dreamweaver
    Leoko - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope an admin sees this and fixes it. I am a level 40 something character and 3 days after I joined I was allowed to start new threads now im not allowed too. Why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

~`~` I am Leoko~`~`
  • PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
    PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got a pm 2 minutes ago from saying " Real savings in the game. Visit us on the internet" It was not from pwi. Was trying to reply that im not a gullible noob, and for them to get lost, but could not, so it wasn't a regular pm. Do not visit such sites. Ever.
  • aerz
    aerz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got a pm 2 minutes ago from saying " Real savings in the game. Visit us on the internet" It was not from pwi. Was trying to reply that im not a gullible noob, and for them to get lost, but could not, so it wasn't a regular pm. Do not visit such sites. Ever.

I have just experienced the same thing.
    Here's a photobucket link to the screenshot: http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m549/PWI-Myyn/2013-07-2613-53-31_zpsc0eb5790.png

How do those people manage to send these "not-PMs"?
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aerz wrote: »
    I have just experienced the same thing.
    Here's a photobucket link to the screenshot: http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m549/PWI-Myyn/2013-07-2613-53-31_zpsc0eb5790.png

How do those people manage to send these "not-PMs"?

Currently we do not know, but this bot seems more advanced than most spam-bots. Either way it's best to ignore them. To "blacklist" them, you could set your blacklist to ignore people under level 10, such that the bot cannot message you. If they still can, bump up the level.
  • scarryl41408
    scarryl41408 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yoyo dawg homie G
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You know that your stickied thread is old and useless when posting in it means that you're "necro'ing."
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    beware of phishing sites http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi i guess this make it easier to us to fall for those sites pwi redierecting to webpages outside pwi and pwe domains, i wanna know if it is an official webpage or if phishing is becoming more blatantb:shocked
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    beware of phishing sites http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi i guess this make it easier to us to fall for those sites pwi redierecting to webpages outside pwi and pwe domains, i wanna know if it is an official webpage or if phishing is becoming more blatantb:shocked
    it's official
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just remember the basic rules guys....

IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS.

NO one gives anything away for free b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sadlie
    sadlie Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Recently, one of my Friend got ****.

The hackers changed his toon and gear name.
  • Mufussa - Raging Tide
    Mufussa - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yet another phishing site b:angry

was pm'd by HartofRuby as i logged in today and instructed to go to www.pwiarc.com to get free orbs and other stuff.

Another scamm site asking for i.d / email address, password etc etc.
  • silentpanther
    silentpanther Posts: 11 Arc User
    I say if your dumb enuff to use them and get **** it’s your own damn fault.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    lol, silentpanther.... shouldn't reply to a post from March 2014.
  • vaudagusvladin
    vaudagusvladin Posts: 11 Arc User
    Maybe the should, it's apt with the constant wc bot spam. Would be nice to see a block-filter, would love to ignore any wc that linked that site, ntm ignoring recruit messages and such would make wc much more tolerable, usually play with it turned off.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    -

edit: since heero200 deleted the 'name' without even telling what's the reason for it, I deleted the other text too. No need to keep it, right?
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Question about this Force Log some ppl could use if they get my info. How does that work with the new DC have to wait 10 minute to relog cause Forcelog is not working ? If phishers have a way to make the server force log and we don't this is bad for the real players ? I have argueed with some players in the game that the 10 minute delay does not exist but I did experience some trouble logging on my account after updates, where my client was DC and runnign for a few hours.

??
  • lincon#7535
    lincon#7535 Posts: 1 New User
    Hello everyone,,
    Well I know two people already hit by this....hopefully it gets sorted out soon. xD I was paranoid enough that i restored my computer back a ways and then changed all my info that i could too on both of my accounts and urged my friends to do the same.
  • malikwaqas#3925
    malikwaqas#3925 Posts: 2 New User
    Yes someone also phishing my site but i would recover it without any loss and create a game and upload it you can visit it and check it
  • bbcrafts#7677
    bbcrafts#7677 Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks for sharing the details. This will help us to stay safe

BB Crafts