Reroll simulator?

Options
John_Smith - Harshlands
John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Archer
Didn't fit anywhere in particular, so I thought I'd come ask the archers.

Has anyone thought of doing a re-roll simulator similar to Warrens Tiger Pack Simulator at all?

Was just thinking it would be really useful for people who are less excellent at maths and would help people see how realistic their rolls will be.

I'd do it myself if I wasn't pathetic at using spreadsheets for anything above normal maths.
I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
#Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
Post edited by John_Smith - Harshlands on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I think there was one on elitepvpers. It was some kind of simulator, probably refine though.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Um...

The Tiger Pack simulator isn't actually any kind of predictive sheet.

Even if someone made a sheet with such a table, the best you'd get is logging of the random rolls, which would quite obviously eventually mirror the odds stated in PWDB. Just because you got the Spirit Blackhole on your 4th reroll does not mean the odds are 25%. Also just because it took you 200 rerolls to see Spirit Blackhole at all does not mean the odds are 0.005% either.

If one were to create a sheet of any use, it'd just have to be one where you pick the weapon you'd like, which then produces a list of possible mods, you pick the ones you want and the sheet simply tells you the odds for scoring that specific combination.

The Tiger Pack Simulator is, as Warren put it, just a way to apply your gambling addiction without losing anything. Which wouldn't really help a gambling addiction anyway, since the rarity of winning is what supports said addiction: thus if you cannot lose it's boring.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I had made a very crude reroll simulator when I was thinking of going for G15 NV fists, just to get a feel on how many rerolls I'd likely need to get something decent.

It had consisted of a piece of paper with a list of the possible adds, each with it's % chance as a number range. A quick hop to a RNG page would give me a random roll at the press of a button. Quickly memorizing the range for -int, I could zip though dozens of tries in no time.

I soon realized that it was going to most likely be a very costly venture and decided against it.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Um...

The Tiger Pack simulator isn't actually any kind of predictive sheet.

Even if someone made a sheet with such a table, the best you'd get is logging of the random rolls, which would quite obviously eventually mirror the odds stated in PWDB. Just because you got the Spirit Blackhole on your 4th reroll does not mean the odds are 25%. Also just because it took you 200 rerolls to see Spirit Blackhole at all does not mean the odds are 0.005% either.

If one were to create a sheet of any use, it'd just have to be one where you pick the weapon you'd like, which then produces a list of possible mods, you pick the ones you want and the sheet simply tells you the odds for scoring that specific combination.

The Tiger Pack Simulator is, as Warren put it, just a way to apply your gambling addiction without losing anything. Which wouldn't really help a gambling addiction anyway, since the rarity of winning is what supports said addiction: thus if you cannot lose it's boring.

Yeah, that's kinda the point. People don't get how broken the possibility of some rolls are, and working out the "average" roll is a little hard to do.

I just thought it would be interesting, a way to see what sort of trouble I'm going to have gettin anything decent on my gear.

For the gambling, yes, I understand. It also shows people that big -coin sign at the bottom, pointing out how likely they are to lose tremendous cash. (Unless they get lucky, of course :P)

~Also, the odds of getting any 1 specific set are low as balls, however getting sets you don't mind are much higher, but very varied. I know a lotta sins with .05 / Sac daggers but their 3rd ad has sometimes made them reroll. (Except the one sin I know with 19 magic. He doesn't want to reroll cos he had balls luck getting it first time :P)

~edit~

I'm more interested in the R8 recast armor. What I want and what I don't mind are incredibly different on these. I don't mind increased mag / Phy def or reduced dmg take of either, channel is cool, HP is win etc.... All I really want to avoid is Durability and + regen.

Hell if someone can lay out the mechanics for the table I'll add in all the values for each armor piece myself and reupload it, I just suck with making tables do work like that.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Find me the percentages for the rolls and I can do it in like 2mins.