Game keeps closing...

Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Yeah well aside from me not being able to play here thanks to unsolved issues with DirectX 9... For the past 2 days the game keeps closing on my ex-pc 9moms pc now...

It always worked perfectly but suddenly since about 2 days it just randomly closes... Really annoying... We tried verifying (took over 2 hours to do so) and it still closes down... There's no specific pattern... It just happens randomly... And no settings have bin changed on that pc...

Do more ppl have this problem? And if so how do I fix it? Or is it just a sign that both mom and me are no longer wanted by the game? We only have 2 pc's and one is closing down the game half the time and the other can't play the game at all... b:sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
BigHearts member... f:grin
Post edited by Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• amberjade69
    amberjade69 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My other classes I cant play because the game keeps closeing down and its become annoying. The only class I can play is the Mystic. I dont wont to play Mystic all the time as I enjoy playing different classes. This happened since the last update. b:sad
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Unresolved issue with Direct X 9? Did you download and update the Direct X 9.0c that the GM posted? If you did, did you try this?
    5. DirectX 9.0 is installed, but doesn't act like it is. I.E. Still can't see people or the client will say to install it.

As for the random closing down issue on your other PC, I can't give you any personal experiences to fix it, so maybe someone like Sylen will come in here and walk you through anything specific that has to do with your personal PC.

I wish you and your mom luck =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Luckily the game hasn't closed down on moms pc since yesterday... As for the link... I always have to reboot my system after installing DirectX so how can i even launch the game before booting? But thanks for trying to help... Mom can play fine again now (guess it was just a temporary client instability) and I'll just have to wait until something will be done about all the other issues since the new expansion...

Maybe they can put an extraction of the needed files into a manual patch or something like some games have the DirectX install in them... So it'll be guarantied to work... A message like "we're working on it" would be a bit reassuring... But meh that's not what this topic is about...

@Jeremied: Appreciated... b:victory Btw your sig reminds me of Snow from FFXIII...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin