Transposition

Ikarium - Dreamweaver
Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Seeker
I know noone has this yet......but with all the info we had from PWCN....I searched and couldn't find a definate answer : does this work outside of PvP? Can you randomly switch places with people (blue names)? Does it work on mobs?
Post edited by Ikarium - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• thawert
    thawert Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    it transports
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    According to the description of the book, it only works on friendly targets. So it must work in a squad, PvP or PvE.
    I can see many uses for this skill, but the purpose looks more "defensive" imo. Like, lets say you're in TW, your cleric is being endangered by whichever phys class, you're a bit away from the cleric, to save time, you use this skill on cleric, and voila, cleric is out of harms way, and you can deal with the theat.

I guess the same scenario can work in PvE too, since "friendly target" basically means anyone in your squad...
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I know noone has this yet......but with all the info we had from PWCN....I searched and couldn't find a definate answer : does this work outside of PvP? Can you randomly switch places with people (blue names)? Does it work on mobs?

My guessing it would work on monsters, but on blue name/ safe zone players it would work like Telestunning them does, you would port to there position but they wont to yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It would be a pity if it only worked on people within squad (rather than simply any blue name within range). I could see endless possibilities when it comes to kill stealing and getting to drops first. b:sin
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm wondering about this too :/ if it doesn't work on changing with either friendly target in squad or on changing place with mobs I'll join a diff order... x___x"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Well the description clearly says "Switch place with target" (so, yes the other person will likely land where you were when you used the skill, and you at their place) and in the notes at the bottom of the description "Only works on friendly targets". So I'm pretty sure it's how I've explained it a few posts above...
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/33729

Is the book, and if its friendly targets that would mean they would either need to be in squad or your side in TW, or them and you pking with buff safetys off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roland - Harshlands
    Roland - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Garbage skill is garbage. So disappointed in this friendly target BS, not what the original descriptions said.
    "WHOA, CALM DOWN HOLY JESUS **** NIPPLES IT'S JUST A GAME" - Longknife
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The book and skill description contradict eachother.

http://imgur.com/a/xhGob

The skill is more trustworthy since it discusses the mechanics of the skill in more detail.
    Also you can check the chinese book description and it mentions "enemy players".
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/33729
    与目标互换位置。只能对敌方玩家生效。

Interchangeable with the target location. Only for the entry into force of the enemy players.
    The book's english translation is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    hm... enemy player aint a mob I gues b:sad
    Seems I'll be joining lumi first then
    Thanks for the info Asterelle b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So...we have 3 different descriptions -.-

Friendly target - which is translated wrong.
    Then Asterelles first link it says "any enemy target" which to me implies mobs.
    Then the Chinese translation which specifies "enemy players" which would imply PvP only.

b:cry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Checking both the chinese book description and the chinese skill description I'm pretty sure it's PVP-only against hostile tagets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Of all the new seeker skills, this one was the one I was looking forward to learn the most. It's too bad the range is only 20 meters. If the max range a cata barb can be from the catapult before losing control of it is 20 meters, this skill can be very annoying for the enemy targets. An alternative is to have 2 seekers chain the skill on one very hard to kill catabarb. You can cause a cata barb to drop his/her catapult buy using this on them unexpectedly, while standing on a hill where a catapult cannot follow, or propel a cata barb closer to your base's spawn point so that their clerics has to move forward, and have the aid of base turnets near the base spawn to help damage the barbs. very fun \o/ I am not 100% certain, but I definately will try using it on the catapult itself to see if I can get it stuck on a hill :)
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Of all the new seeker skills, this one was the one I was looking forward to learn the most. It's too bad the range is only 20 meters. If the max range a cata barb can be from the catapult before losing control of it is 20 meters, this skill can be very annoying for the enemy targets. An alternative is to have 2 seekers chain the skill on one very hard to kill catabarb. You can cause a cata barb to drop his/her catapult buy using this on them unexpectedly, while standing on a hill where a catapult cannot follow, or propel a cata barb closer to your base's spawn point so that their clerics has to move forward, and have the aid of base turnets near the base spawn to help damage the barbs. very fun \o/ I am not 100% certain, but I definately will try using it on the catapult itself to see if I can get it stuck on a hill :)

I don't want to curb your enthusiasm in any way but the big problem with this skill is that the success rate for reversing positions with your opponent is dependent both on your soul force and the soul force of whomever you're trying to reverse position with. So unless you're also cash shopped out of your mind, don't think that you're gonna be teleporting +12 cata Barbs into the towers with any great frequency... lol.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    I think it will work in exactly the same way as telestun works when you Voidstep onto a bluename / safe zone player were you get the skill end that affects you but nothing effects the target (you teleport to them but it doesn't stun them for Voidstep)

So when you Transposition onto the target you will teleport to them, but they wont be switched to your position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't want to curb your enthusiasm in any way but the big problem with this skill is that the success rate for reversing positions with your opponent is dependent both on your soul force and the soul force of whomever you're trying to reverse position with. So unless you're also cash shopped out of your mind, don't think that you're gonna be teleporting +12 cata Barbs into the towers with any great frequency... lol.

That's very true, unfortunately for seekers. But according to the skill description, soul force isn't the only thing that matters in the success rate, the other thing that is being compared to is char lvl. If both soul force is equal, than the chance of success is at most 70%. If your char lvl is equal to your target, the 'average' chance of success is 70% (40-100%). On sanctuary server, there aren't that many 105 barbs that are active in the game any more or with 12+ weapons (from what I've seen weapon refinement matters most in soul force value). There is no chi cost to using the skill, and it cast almost instantly (0.6 sec total). So it is still a very feasible skill to use for tw unlike the seeker's lvl 79 skill that heals your hp when it has to be at least 40% or below to use.
    edited March 2012
    Then the actual in-game description is wrong as heck, cause I've double checked it again today at the Corona Stargazer and it's clearly written "Switch places with a friendly target".
    Maybe, they changed it for our version only ?
    Cause I can't see how they could be sooo mistaken on the in-game desciption.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Then the actual in-game description is wrong as heck, cause I've double checked it again today at the Corona Stargazer and it's clearly written "Switch places with a friendly target".
    Maybe, they changed it for our version only ?
    Cause I can't see how they could be sooo mistaken on the in-game desciption.

I'm inclined to believe the in game description is wrong as well, mainly because the details of how it works (chance of success dependent on your soul force/level compared to target's soul force/level) does make it sound like an offensive skill. This is basically PWI's way of making you spend money on refines/hypers to "over come" your opponent.
  • elfuego1234
    elfuego1234 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not sure if this qualifies as a necro, but there is one more use that comes to mind if you wanna be nasty. As you well know there are bugged places you should not teleport into because you get stuck in place (lets say in FC, boss 2, voidstep on elemental summoners).

So, invite someone you really dislike (and who doesnt have teleport) in a FC run, voidstep yourself in bug position and switch places with your 'friendly' target b:laugh

Otherwise, the skill sounds pretty useless but I'll try to get it nevertheless :)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not sure if this qualifies as a necro, but there is one more use that comes to mind if you wanna be nasty. As you well know there are bugged places you should not teleport into because you get stuck in place (lets say in FC, boss 2, voidstep on elemental summoners).

So, invite someone you really dislike (and who doesnt have teleport) in a FC run, voidstep yourself in bug position and switch places with your 'friendly' target b:laugh

Otherwise, the skill sounds pretty useless but I'll try to get it nevertheless :)
    if you dont TW or pvp outside of TW, yes its useless kinda.

but then again if you dont TW, 1/4 of your skill will probably be useless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Is no one aware yet that the description is wrong, I swap with people in pvp all the time just to f with them.
  • canzano
    canzano Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is no one aware yet that the description is wrong, I swap with people in pvp all the time just to f with them.

Since it works in pvp, could you test a theory for me ? I'd like to know if you can forcefully move someone out of a safe zone with the skill. (Example: West Arch gate, some noob sin is talking ****, while staying in the safe zone (you are both in the pk state) so you use transposition to pull him out of the safe zone, then voidstep too keep him from running back and proceed too stomp a noob out). It's only a theoretical situation, but could it work if the situation were to present itself ?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
This discussion has been closed.