This is the Best Patch Ever!

Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
(well at least since Lost Empire)

Sorry, all the people are pissing and moaning... I think this patch is better than either EG or TB updates by a long shot. This is a real content update, not just some new classes.

Sure, there are some things wrong with it... I would have preferred a larger map, or as it looks like they considered adding it to the main map, which would have been better, at least this gets people out doing something other than frost or nirvana, which is pretty much all this game has become.

So I guess I'm one of the minority, but I actually like what they tried to do this time, regardless of the list of problems people are having (which is to be expected anyway).

So go ahead and rant on, but it's been too long since they had an update like this. Too bad they didn't update world bosses to make them more difficult, and add new ones for the expansion areas, nerf dagger damage, etc...

I think they did pretty well. b:pleased
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree, even though I haven't actually been able to participate in the 95+ fun yet, I saw many of the 95+ in my faction having a blast with the new content and storylines.

As for me personally, starting up my game and having the rock version of "Fly with Me" start playing just absolutely made me spazz with happiness. Then logging into where I was kicked when the server went down and hearing the original log in page version of "Fly with Me" just made me love this patch so very very much <3

Plus I get 3 level 80 skills to play with. :D Yay.

Once they fix SP again, I think I'll be pretty happy with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In love with it. Joined at RT myself but its clear ths expansion destroys both RT and Genesis.

I can deal with the new bugs for now, I won't complain unless they're still here 6 months from now.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yup. I havent quested in ages and it was nice questing again.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • ShadowIH - Raging Tide
    ShadowIH - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I not see anything useful for myself yet in last patch.

Just short delay to download it.
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    Jellytops - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I not see anything useful for myself yet in last patch.

Just short delay to download it.

I can't see that much USEFULL in it either, but I still enjoy it. We can play a game and have fun without everything being usefull, ijs :0)
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hm, this patch got downsides. I don't like the caster glitch being removed or AD being tweaked but...

Look at the rest. I feel like the dev team really put some effort into this. So many things that have long been needed and are just epic now. Overall I just love this expansion :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited February 2012
    Hm, this patch got downsides. I don't like the caster glitch being removed or AD being tweaked but...

Look at the rest. I feel like the dev team really put some effort into this. So many things that have long been needed and are just epic now. Overall I just love this expansion :)

Was just in an FC with a couple of sins, one shouted "AD!" as the Slasher started screaming. I shouted "NOT AOE NOW!" and lol'd as they both ran away but the one who didn't call was dead xD

That fun aside, the lack of squadness does suck tho :(
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i love this xD
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Was just in an FC with a couple of sins, one shouted "AD!" as the Slasher started screaming. I shouted "NOT AOE NOW!" and lol'd as they both ran away but the one who didn't call was dead xD

Errr stupid sins, learn to spark resist? lol

But yea, it bugs me because I mostly used mine to save the squads butts. Like.. hard aoes and giving the cleric a few seconds to get it sorted.. or saving a squishy .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited February 2012

But yea, it bugs me because I mostly used mine to save the squads butts. Like.. hard aoes and giving the cleric a few seconds to get it sorted.. or saving a squishy .-.

Spark resisting isn't reliable unless you can take a few hits. There was a time I had it down to an art and I still took a hit each side of the spark :< AD is safer and much more reliable.

And yeah, saving other peoples ***** is what AD is for D: I want it back Q__Q
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I will admit, it's rare to see our current devs do something that doesn't suck. Though the Elysium update was the first good thing they made...

I think my only gripe is with the gears. Although the devs meant well, I can't help but feel like these are the only gears people will work towards anymore. I'm just hoping I won't see 1000 clones of the same character by this time next month.

(you can imagine an "oh wait..." joke here with reference to one of those R8 top, Nirv pants, TT99 boot/bracer, other TT99 neck/belt, Warsoul Helm, int tome and Lunar cape builds worn by every Archer/Sin and their mother here... but pwcalc is down again)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Only thing I can complain about is the respawn time on the treasure boxes for that new treasure quest. Been waiting for about 45 minutes to farm it... still hasn't respawned. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree, I can't really be negative about this...

People questing again was unbelievable, it was like a huge blast from the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Sorry, all the people are pissing and moaning... I think this patch is better than either EG or TB updates by a long shot. This is a real content update, not just some new classes.

Sure, there are some things wrong with it... I would have preferred a larger map, or as it looks like they considered adding it to the main map, which would have been better, at least this gets people out doing something other than frost or nirvana, which is pretty much all this game has become.

So I guess I'm one of the minority, but I actually like what they tried to do this time, regardless of the list of problems people are having (which is to be expected anyway).

So go ahead and rant on, but it's been too long since they had an update like this. Too bad they didn't update world bosses to make them more difficult, and add new ones for the expansion areas, nerf dagger damage, etc...

+1 for sure
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2012

It`s impossible to get perfect timing if you have even slight lags, you will take dmg even if you have sparked!
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree.

This is definitely a step in the right direction. If the Dev's continue down this path, this game may be able to recover.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2012

in theory yes. but in planning and developing no. tbh i didnt spend a lot of time in the new area because after the first few quests i was frustrated and left.
    mobs can run through all the fences and trees and other garbage they have decorated the land with, but players have run around or jump over them. some mobs are hills but they move freely while the players run slowly up the hills.

if you have played a veno and used a nix you know it gets stuck on everything. even what appears to be flat ground to me. using a nix in the new area will be a nightmare. using a herc not really great either.

so yeah gratz on awesome new useless patch. back to afk ing in south in less than 24 hours.b:victory
  • Foscyl - Archosaur
    Foscyl - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    is there really anything to do for 94 and below players?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I actually really agree, way more Props than Slops.

I was told the Heaven and Hell maps are clickable now...that to me, makes up for just about anything I don't like. If OHT is fixed too, fomg.

Lots of "I can't wait till I get X skill" and "Fomg this armor looks sexy!" (and it does on barbs...wow). Lots of clamoring to get X quest done, cooperation between old friends and frenemy factions, intense PK battles in the new zone, and I have yet to hear anything but compliments on the look of the new zone.

So yea, the new content is awesome! I'm completely invigorated with the game given the APS nerf really wasn't much of a nerf as said. Nirvana went as smooth as always.

Really, the only QQ I've seen is over the Nirvana Talismans. I really do think they should be able to Caster Nirvvy as much as we APS Nirvvy.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree. This is simply fantastic, especially for those of use that can actually experience the new content to the fullest.

For those of you that can't yet. Get out there and level up =) It gives you good reasons to now.

I really think that the AD "tweak" was not intentional, since the skill description itself still states it is an AoE, and nothing else was altered about it other then it now not being an AoE. That's just silly to think it was an intentional change.... if it was that is sad, but still it isn't game breaking. It just means people have to stop being reliant on it and figure out a better way.

All-in-all though, I spent the large amount of my day questing and enjoying the storylines. Some of them are really funny, especially because my guild erupted about how the Devs were "sick in the head for making us desecrate the dead" ... It was quit comical. It was also a blast trying out the new skills in duels and things. That was my favorite part.

Kudos to the devs this time, thank you for FINALLY listening to your playerbase and attempting to salvage your game. This is the most fun I have had in months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Kripton - Lothranis
    Kripton - Lothranis Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This IS an update. For me its without a doubt the best expansion PWI ever had.
  • Os_bm - Harshlands
    Os_bm - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this is kinda a small reminder from old days when questing and open world pvp did happen so i have to say this patch is really a turn in the right way b:flowerb:flowerb:flower
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    NomNomz - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    For those of you that can't yet. Get out there and level up =) It gives you good reasons to now.

Kudos to the devs this time, thank you for FINALLY listening to your playerbase and attempting to salvage your game. This is the most fun I have had in months.

zzz.

the core mechanics of this game are still fukt.

it's still glitchy.

it's evident that PWE puts in the minimum amount of effort required to add the flash it takes to keep the dough rolling, and it has been evident for some time.

YOU work your ***** off for months through the new content to enjoy "balance (lol, as if...)"....

imma go lvl my fiona b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so much new stuff!!! its pretty slick so far, 10 person squads are sweet, doin quests again with muh wifey is so awesome!

new skills, new instances!!

only gripe...A LOT of rubber banding in the new area...and yea AD sucks, but meh we got over it when they "fixed" holy path...no more 6 man squad inside TW HQ in less than 2 mins lolol

cant wait to explore more with muh wifey after work b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    inb4prestigepacks
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this was, all in all, a really good update. we got a new world to explore and questing in it was like playing during open beta again. so many ponies farming the quest mobs and actually squading so we can all reach the same goal instead of having there high lvl alt do it for them. and ive never had so much fun with PK in my life like i have. scootabuse! scootabuse everywhere! im getting pegged left and right but im doing my share of death dealing too. you never know where its gonna come from or whose gonna slap your shiit after you get done questing with them. the game is truly fun again and i cant wait to finish up all the quests and see what this pve gear is like. with all the QQ threads about everything wrong im glad somepony took the time to point out that the pros outweigh the cons in this one.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    +1 to Transcend.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have to say when I first saw this I thought it was going to be a joke. Mike I happily put my foot in my mouth for saying you never say anything nice about PW. I am really glad to see you like the changes. It's very cool to see something posative about PW coming from you.

+1 man.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm jazzed about the new 10-man TW squads, the 6-month map resets, and the new armor sets. I'm sure there's other cool stuff to figure out too, but I have to agree that this update feels a lot like the PWI of 3 years ago. I see lower level characters actually asking for help with quests in the starter cities, I see sins out actually playing the game instead of being everyone's slave, and so on.

Very cool. I like it. b:victory
  • Icehart - Lost City
    Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    +1 to Transcend.

+2 to Transcend.