Tienkang / Tisha Merchantable?

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
So are either Tienkang Stones or Tisha Stones merchantable?

I ask because of their presence in the Event Boutique, and I am unsure if it's worth trying to merchant those.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I see people doing it, but I cannot imagine it is hugely profitable. I never checked their catshops' inventories for an extended period of time to verify if it was a market worth plundering.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wouldn't bother. People using those are naturally trying to save money which makes them bad customers. Also noone ever uses more than 20 or so at a time. Orbs and packs can be consumed by the thousands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Fine Orbs are 30 DQ points and worth 3,160 each.

50,000 / 30 = 1667 (Rounded up) DQ items with a net worth of 5,267,720

So if you can sell them for less than 105,354.4 per stone, yes.

On HL they're selling at 218k each in the catshop at the Archo Elder. So for people who grind a lot of DQ theyre about twice as expensive this way. But not everyone does, and I occasionally buy them 1 by one if I'm only trying to +5 a single piece of gear and don't have any left.

I'd say no, at least not to people who grind DQ a bunch.

The gold value is your own to work out :P I don't do merchanting so idk there :D
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Fine Orbs are 30 DQ points and worth 3,160 each.

50,000 / 30 = 1667 (Rounded up) DQ items with a net worth of 5,267,720

So if you can sell them for less than 105,354.4 per stone, yes.

On HL they're selling at 218k each in the catshop at the Archo Elder. So for people who grind a lot of DQ theyre about twice as expensive this way. But not everyone does, and I occasionally buy them 1 by one if I'm only trying to +5 a single piece of gear and don't have any left.

I'd say no, at least not to people who grind DQ a bunch.

The gold value is your own to work out :P I don't do merchanting so idk there :D

Elena this will be your average customer. Seee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Templar_Giga - Heavens Tear
    Templar_Giga - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    To reiterate, no.

I've unfortunately been here. During one refinement sale last year, my Tienkangs sat for a depressingly long period of time in my catshop. Managed to sell everything, but it was a waste of time.
    The one and only.

[☆☆☆Allie's Cuddle Machine]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wouldn't go there.

Anyone who wants Tienkangs has multiple ways to get them. For Cash shoppers, the charge rewards. For high-end folk, the Celestial Tiger Event. For grinders, DQ.

And considering that we just had a month of 2x with 2x DQ for a total of 4x DQ points, I'd say anyone who wanted Tienkangs has them. I know I do.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.