Server hopping/Transferring?

KingThis - Heavens Tear
KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
When will we be allowed to server hop or transfer?
u claimed a few years ago that it was planned to happen... STILL waiting b:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
Post edited by KingThis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    that will require you to ditch 4 lvls
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Should have gone on a PVP server before glitching to 105. b:chuckle

Besides that... well a simple search would help you. rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Should have gone on a PVP server before glitching to 105. b:chuckle

^^^ Too true. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    u claimed a few years ago that it was planned to happen... STILL waiting b:cry

Quote please? The GMs of PWI have always stated that there are no plans to implement the ability to change servers.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Quote please? The GMs of PWI have always stated that there are no plans to implement the ability to change servers.

I'll have to dig it up, but I'm pretty certain that either frankie or spoons said that it would never happen.
    Why? To prevent people from leveling a toon on a PvE server and then switching to a PvP server.
    It might be neat to move from PvE to PvE or PvP to PvP, but with the way the current databases are integrated into the base code for the game on the servers, I doubt it will ever happen.
    Not unless someone gets around to completely re-designing the game engine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I dont know, but this sounds like a great idea..Could be an awesome coin sink. I'd vote for server hoping if and only if when you choose to move servers all gear,coin,poperties are destroyed. That way you can keep you character,stats,level, and skills.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I dont know, but this sounds like a great idea..Could be an awesome coin sink. I'd vote for server hoping if and only if when you choose to move servers all gear,coin,poperties are destroyed. That way you can keep you character,stats,level, and skills.

Hooray for naked level 105 characters with no coin.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    naked lv 105 character in a diff server from their original = Forced to CS r9 :O its a flawless plan to make more money pwe!b:bye
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    naked lv 105 character in a diff server from their original = Forced to CS r9 :O its a flawless plan to make more money pwe!b:bye

But what if their character details show that they already completed the quests for R9 gear? Then they'd be 105, naked, coinless and have no means to getting their full +12 JoSD R9.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Used to be able to change servers a long time ago. I think they have a lot of good reasons to keep the servers seperate. It could end up rather chaotic and newbies would not be so easilly aware of the difference in pvp and pve servers when jumping around.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    but I'm pretty certain that either frankie or spoons said that it would never happen.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5256612&postcount=2
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012

If they were ever to implement server transfers, I'm sure they'd be a lot more interested in sinking your real life money than your in game coin. As far as I'm aware, no other game that offers server transfers takes away your property during the change, and I doubt it would go over well here.

Either way, there is a ton of $$$ to be had if PWE could ever get Blizzard/Square-Enix/NCSoft/any other gaming company on the phone to figure out how to pull it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Do people really have no idea how a db works? b:laugh
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz