Weird sin skill question..

Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Assassin
I made a sin lately and leveling it slowly .. Well did mostly during 2x but most quest done up to his lvl (55) except a few I have late cause of teh tidebron chain. Pretty much decided to go sage as most of the skills fit my playstyle better but I have a question on a perticular one..

Sage Chill of the Deep.

Drops atk speed by 100% ??

Does that mean that whatever aps I get on him he's gonna drop to 0.00 and just not hit (normal atks) and only skills will get the 35 atk lvls ?

Kinda confuses me..
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It actually just halves your attack speed.

5 aps -> 2.5 aps

1 aps -> 0.5 aps

etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Any % buff/debuff that says applies to the attack speed actually apply in reverse to interval between attacks. 25% attack speed increase is actually 25% decrease in interval, 100% decrease in attack speed is 100% increase to interval (double the time between each attack) and etc.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i actualy got sage chill of deep

with my base aps 2,86 it lowers my attack to 1,43. when i use wind shield then i got 1,54. basicly u use chill to increase the dmg from aoes and other skills. I think there were a lot of posts in this forums that explains this.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Divine_Death already mentioned it, but even though the game shows us aps (attacks/sec) in the character screen it actually uses the inverse for all the game calculations of seconds/attack.

For instance daggers base attack rate shows 1.25 aps but what the game is really using is .8 sec/attack. The inverse of 1/.8=1.25 is the aps.

Say you have 3.33 aps and you use chill, what you really have is .3 sec/attack and the 100% "aps decrease" is actually a 100% increase of that rate, so .3 sec/attack becomes .6 sec/attack or 1.67 aps.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory