For the first time ever frankie?

Divine_Death - Harshlands
Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
For the first time ever, all three items from the usual "General Summer's Sale" are being discounted!

It's actually for the second time. You are really getting paid to make these news announcements?
Post edited by Divine_Death - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    For the first time ever, all three items from the usual "General Summer's Sale" are being discounted!

It's actually for the second time. You are really getting paid to make these news announcements?

Makes me wonder what new gear is coming w/ expansion. Remember the press on the R8 sales? Then *poof* hey.. R9! Press on the R9 Sales and then *poof* hey... expand/enhance your R8....
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Supposedly, the only new gear coming out in the expansion is tailored for PvE use, and has pretty low stats compared to R8/R9/Nirvana.

So, fortunately, we don't have to worry about R10 being released next expansion or anything like that.

Edit: And why is the Harshlands PvP rankings still down?
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Makes me wonder what new gear is coming w/ expansion. Remember the press on the R8 sales? Then *poof* hey.. R9! Press on the R9 Sales and then *poof* hey... expand/enhance your R8....

Why for some unexplainable mysterious hinch do I tend to second Aizza?
    Oh, wait, I've been around since 2008. Can't help failing to find forecasts that any different : )) *sighing_smiley.jpg*
    Since 2008
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    "First time ever" for the second time.
    kinda' gives a hint on how much effort is put in this game by PWI staff if they can't remember the sales details of their biggest money maker...
    But we have a semi-working facebook connect, so as long as you're on social nertworks you ... exist, right?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2011

I see what you mean. I was considering the first time to be more of an immediate price reduction than a discount, since the original prices of these items lasted less than 24 hours, and all purchases of the items at those original prices were refunded.

What's happening right now is actually a temporary discount.

Technically though, you're right - the items' prices have been reduced twice since their addition to the cash shop.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What amazes me is that this is technically just a modification of the original General Summer's "Sale." As in, the old one never ended to begin with because it was one of your inane "eternal sales." -__-

Or to put it a slightly more juvenile way... "yo dawg, I heard you liked rep sales, so we put a rep sale in your rep sale so you can charge zen while you charge zen." >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Or to put it a slightly more juvenile way... "yo dawg, I heard you liked rep sales, so we put a rep sale in your rep sale so you can charge zen while you charge zen." >_>

You just made my day. b:laugh

And heh... with gold prices atm the badges are still more expensive than before. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]