Nirvana BM Cheat Sheet - Help?

Options
Maelael - Heavens Tear
Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Blademaster
So after doing Nirvana a few times and making a bunch of Nirvana Noob mistakes, I decided I needed a cheat sheet for my BM. Working with our fellow Forum BMs, here is a shorthand Cheat Sheet.

Thank you to those who helped and those other posts I stole information from.

1st Area: Infernal Lair

Inferno Sovereign
Amp: Can be Amped. Use Heaven's Flame.

Notes:
Move if Circles Spawn, or spark through it.

2nd Area: Noxious Den

Noxious Sovereign
Amp: Cannot be Amped. Use Glacial Spike.

Notes:
Boss Buffs Himself, Debuff Pole is applicable if there is no Veno.

3rd Area: Vampires Domain

Vampiric Sovereign

Notes:
Lure boss forward, AOE foxes, kill boss. Mana drain eats MP charm.

4th Area: Demonic Niche

40% Demonic Dictator
Amp: Cannot be Amped. Glacial Spike is not recommended because AOE may hit White.

Notes:
BR Room Style Boss - Black is Hands.
Avoid hitting White with AOE due to it doing damage to party.

40% Demonic Tyrant

Notes:
Runewolf Mighty Whirling Slash Style Boss. Watch for Red Text and run. Can optionally Domain/Spark through his attack.

20% Demonic Sovereign

Notes:
Kill the adds that spawn

5th Area: Ashura's Hollow

40% Ashuras Dictator
Amp: Cannot be Amped. Glacial Spike is not recommended as it may hit snakes.

Notes:
Do not kill snakes that spawn.

40% Ashuras Tyrant

Notes:
Rocks and circles do not do much damage.

20% Ashuras Sovereign
Amp: Cannot be Amped. Use Heaven's Flame.

Notes:
Random Aggro, debuffs player and then hits for large damage. Run or spark when he red texts, unless there is a plan to purify or kill him fast enough.

6th Area: Heaven's Coliseum

40% Goldwing Phoenix

Notes:
Red Text, Fire Traps Drop/Spawn = move. Turn on graphics to see.

40% Arbiter of Flame

Notes:
When the Red Text comes up Flames of heaven will consume you can can move or tank through it.

20% Nether Queen

Notes:
When the text Feel a Taste of my anger comes up, run to the mysterious old man and get in the red circle. Then kill the fox, and go back to the boss.

7th Area: Gazebo NPC

Vanished Ancestor

Notes:
If you are the runner, you have 30 seconds to match the chest to the mob. Attack the chest, pick up the items. Runner or not, if you or another party member gets the item, they need to select the mob, and right click the correct item in their inventory.

The boss will stun party members at random for 3 seconds at times.

Elemental Monster_________________Chest______________Seal__
Prima Wood
(Wood Type)
Pure Gold Chest
Wood Chop
Secundo Fire----(Fire Type)
Water Flood Chest
Fire Proof
Terzo Earth
(Earth Type)
Hard Wood Chest
Earth Break
Quarto Metal----(Metal Type)
Blazing Fire Chest
Metal Smelt
Quinto Water---(Water Type)
Thick Earth Chest
Water Resist

See Map:
nirvanachestmap.jpg
pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
Post edited by Maelael - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Extra Information:

Debuffs & Stacking:

(Forcing Saku to decide what he wants)

Quid Pro Quo:

1. Duel BM with Seeker
    2. Let the BM HF+EP on seeker
    3. Seeker uses Quid Pro Quo with boss targeted
    4. Boss gets HF+EP debuff

From Post:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1235341

See it in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-JzCLmCC4

I do this with my Wife (Seeker), it works great. Be careful not to accidentally punch your wife after doing the HF transfer.

Pole Weapon Choices:

"The only pole that matters would be a purge pole" - Zanryu
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14855

HP:

If you are at 6k HP or under, you will have issues with some of the AOEs. 8K+ you can typically tank through the AOEs and Fires.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You can't HF Demonic Sovereign or Nether Queen, and depending on your HP you can tank through his flames. As long as you have at least 8k HP tanking his fire isn't really an issue. The only problem would be if there were three or more flames in one area and you had around half HP, otherwise it'll just tick your charm.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thanks Zan! I keep reading something about 8-10k being target HP for Nirvana, and Ive been above 10k unbuffed since 79 so I've never really put much attention at it.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thanks Zan! I keep reading something about 8-10k being target HP for Nirvana, and Ive been above 10k unbuffed since 79 so I've never really put much attention at it.

You're welcome, and 8-10k is where it gets comftorable for tanking without a Cleric. I've been doing it since 7.5k-ish on my old BM, my new one's at 9.1k and even though he's only 4APS he tanks it pretty easily without a Cleric. Can't wait for my Nirvana pants so I can +10 them and be at 10k HP b:dirty

Anyway, glad to be of help :D
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think somebody **** Zanryu...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think somebody **** Zanryu...

No, this is one of those rare times where I'm willing to help another human being. o.o
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I just kinda remember back in the day, if you spoke in at least near complete sentences and weren't rude, you'd get quality replies.

Some of the stuff now between the flamers and QQers, man its nuts. Although I enjoy the heck outta this game and the info on the forums, they really need to give the mods some more power to weed out the ****.

TY again dude, hehe.
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I wish this was here when I started doing nirvana I always forgot what boss can be hf ed and what not. Duo nirvanas ftw!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Bosses are either ampable or not. GS is not an amp, its a debuff. Basically there are status effects, amps, and debuffs. All bosses in Nirvana can be debuffed, but not all bosses can be amped.

Amps are Subsea, Extreme Poison, Amplify Damage, Heaven's Flame, and Blood Vow.

Physical Debuffs are... I just made a list in barb forums, lemme grab that.
    Veno Myriad Rainbow = 100%
    Veno Demon Ironwood = 100%
    Veno SageIronwood = 40%
    Veno lvl 10 Ironwood = 30%
    Barb Devour = 50%
    BM Glacial Spike=50%
    Barb Sage Penetrate Armor = 45%
    Barb Demon/lvl 10 Pentrate Armor = 35%
    Cleric Sage/Demon Dimensional Seal = 40%
    Cleric lvl 10 Dimensional Seal = 30%
    Mystic Befuddling Creeper = 20%
    Pet Pierce = 20% (If curious)

Also there are Seeker atk/defense "status effects" that work.
    I'll write more in this thread later, going to go get a Xmas tree.

Oh, for the last boss if you use the hall between rooms as a point of reference facing the center of the room, going clockwise the chests are earth, fire, water, metal, wood.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Saku,

I really just put that together for personal cheat sheet notes - I know GS isn't an "amp", yadda yadda. Kinda just notes of wtf I'm supposed to be doing.

If you really feel this guide should be something used by others, I can do some edits and we can go nuts with it. I couldnt figure out how make that link at the bottom with the map a "Picture" in the damn forum, lemme know if you know.

Ideas:

Short version section like the above:

-Clean up language for clearer understanding.
    -Anything else that should be printed out on your desk?

Longer-ish version at the bottom:

-Debuffs and Stacking (particularly with Barb in the group, Devour is better/lasts longer, working with the veno, etc)

-Quid Pro Quo and you: My wife is a seeker, were gonna be testing the hell Quid Pro Quo. We can include a section on that if you guys have similar results (or already know the answers)

-Pole suggestions: Since nirvvy is the first "Real" reason to go pole, what poles are out there and whats worth it

-Full out argument over 3.33 vs 4.0 for chi buildup to HF or GS

-Misc Boss further boss info?

-Group Makeups - APS Squads, Mixed Squads, etc?

-Doing Nirvvy Below 3.33 Base APS?

Dunno, thoughts? I'm a less is more person with this kinda stuff.

Unrelated to Nirvvy: I almost want to write a short post or guide on "How to work with multiple BMs in a group" since it seems a lot have issues with communicating who stuns first, HFs first, when to spark in those rotations, etc. Not a pet peeve, I just ran a lot of FF and a Nirvvy where the BMs were like "Hey this is really cool when we coordinate!" and I was like "...uhm wow."
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    -Pole suggestions: Since nirvvy is the first "Real" reason to go pole, what poles are out there and whats worth it

Please elaborate? I can only think of purge pole maybe if you don't have a veno.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Saku,

I really just put that together for personal cheat sheet notes - I know GS isn't an "amp", yadda yadda. Kinda just notes of wtf I'm supposed to be doing.

If you really feel this guide should be something used by others, I can do some edits and we can go nuts with it. I couldnt figure out how make that link at the bottom with the map a "Picture" in the damn forum, lemme know if you know.

Ideas:

Short version section like the above:

-Clean up language for clearer understanding.
    -Anything else that should be printed out on your desk?

Longer-ish version at the bottom:

-Debuffs and Stacking (particularly with Barb in the group, Devour is better/lasts longer, working with the veno, etc)

-Quid Pro Quo and you: My wife is a seeker, were gonna be testing the hell Quid Pro Quo. We can include a section on that if you guys have similar results (or already know the answers)

-Full out argument over 3.33 vs 4.0 for chi buildup to HF or GS

-Misc Boss further boss info?

Unrelated to Nirvvy: I almost want to write a short post or guide on "How to work with multiple BMs in a group" since it seems a lot have issues with communicating who stuns first, HFs first, when to spark in those rotations, etc. Not a pet peeve, I just ran a lot of FF and a Nirvvy where the BMs were like "Hey this is really cool when we coordinate!" and I was like "...uhm wow."

The only pole that matters would be a purge pole, any pole you use will be primarily used for GS so the amount of damage you can do with it doesn't matter. Speaking of purging, I noticed you forgot to include that the second boss buffs himself, should probably write that as a note for him to be consistent.

For the last boss an extra note would be that he stuns a random person for 3 seconds sometimes, also, the mobs stay up for 30 seconds instead of 20.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Please elaborate? I can only think of purge pole maybe if you don't have a veno.

Personally I just like the FF pole for the range and damage. Same grade if I read everything right, refines to even with the 99 Poles. I liked the +2 range for dealing with fliers in other instances. (Plus it was cheap as all hell)

I am working on getting a purge pole, but mostly for PVP and if I wanna do something panty-dropping like TheDan posted earlier. We could explain that the purge pole is the preferred?

And GDit, I didnt wanna be resposible for any guides but ah well. Lemme know any format or wording suggestions you think.
  • superfeng
    superfeng Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Everyone bookmark this if ur a noob!
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So after doing Nirvana a few times and making a bunch of Nirvana Noob mistakes, I decided I needed a cheat sheet for my BM. Working with our fellow Forum BMs, here is a shorthand Cheat Sheet.

Thank you to those who helped and those other posts I stole information from.

1st Area: Infernal Lair

Inferno Sovereign

Notes:
    Move if Circles Spawn. - Lol, *spark and live* It's like first boss in frost. Just count to 5-7 and spark.

2nd Area: Noxious Den

Noxious Sovereign

Notes:
    Boss Buffs Himself, Debuff Pole is applicable if there is no Veno.

3rd Area: Vampires Domain

Vampiric Sovereign

Notes:
    Lure boss forward, AOE foxes, kill boss. Mana drain eats MP charm.

4th Area: Demonic Niche

40% Demonic Dictator
    Amp: Cannot be Amped. Glacial Spike is not recommended because AOE may hit White.

Notes:
    BR Room Style Boss - Black is Hands.
    Avoid hitting White with AOE due to it doing damage to party.

40% Demonic Tyrant

Notes:
    Runewolf Mighty Whirling Slash Style Boss. Watch for Red Text and run. - Domain/Spark and you are good to keep going. (if you got a decent squad he'll be dead before first AoE attack anyway)

20% Demonic Sovereign

Notes:
    Kill the adds that spawn

5th Area: Ashura's Hollow

40% Ashuras Dictator
    Amp: Cannot be Amped. Glacial Spike is not recommended as it may hit snakes.

Notes:
    Do not kill snakes that spawn.

40% Ashuras Tyrant

Notes:
    Rocks and circles do not do much damage. - If below 6k hp you can die to the rocks + circles together, or the boss itself as he does hit decently.

20% Ashuras Sovereign

Notes:
    Random Aggro, debuffs player and then hits for large damage. Run or spark when he red texts. - Just kill him fast....fast as your claws will allow...DO NOT EVER STOP DD >.<

6th Area: Heaven's Coliseum

40% Goldwing Phoenix

Notes:
    Red Text, Fire Traps Drop/Spawn = move. Turn on graphics to see. - Nah, no need to run. The fire is warm and the boss doesn't hurt much :>

40% Arbiter of Flame

Notes:
    When the Red Text comes up Flames of heaven will consume you can can move or tank through it. - Watch out for this guy when he does spawn fires, as those can one-shot a lot of the squad. Plus his AoE attack does hurt some (3k last I saw it on this bm...)

20% Nether Queen

Notes:
    When the text Feel a Taste of my anger comes up, run to the mysterious old man and get in the red circle. Then kill the fox, and go back to the boss. - **** that. The moment you see the mysterious old man pop up, triple spark -> holy path into circle, then when you get the domain holy path back out and keep DD on the boss

7th Area: Gazebo NPC

Vanished Ancestor

Notes:
    If you are the runner, you have 30 seconds to match the chest to the mob. Dig the chest, run to the mob, select the mob, right click the chest in your inventory. You DO NOT Dig the chest! You ATTACK IT! Then you pick up the drops (it'll drop an item corresponding with the mobs weakness and using that item on the mob will seal it and prevent a squad wipe (minus the sins with deaden on).

The boss will stun party members at random for 3 seconds at times.

Elemental Monster_________________Chest______________Seal__
    Prima Wood
    (Wood Type)
    Pure Gold Chest
    Wood Chop
    Secundo Fire----(Fire Type)
    Water Flood Chest
    Fire Proof
    Terzo Earth
    (Earth Type)
    Hard Wood Chest
    Earth Break
    Quarto Metal----(Metal Type)
    Blazing Fire Chest
    Metal Smelt
    Quinto Water---(Water Type)
    Thick Earth Chest
    Water Resist

See Map:
    nirvanachestmap.jpg

/additions in red.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Saku,

1) -Full out argument over 3.33 vs 4.0 for chi buildup to HF or GS

2) -Group Makeups - APS Squads, Mixed Squads, etc?

3) -Doing Nirvvy Below 3.33 Base APS?

I progressed in nirvana from 2.86(sparked) to 3.33(sparked) to 4.0(sparked to 5.0(sparked).

1) The biggest difference between 3.33 vs 4 for my bm with no genie help and no pk mode enabled, was getting chi back up to time the hf/gs with the next spark if i sparked inbetween. When i was 3.33, i would hf first, do cyclone heel, get to 3 sparks, spark, and hope that i don't get sealed so that i can hf again by the time everyone sparks. Often times at 3.33 i was late from spark starting by 2~5 seconds. At 4 aps, i had no trouble sparking once every time my hf was in cool down. I got back 2+ sparks in 15 seconds usually at 4aps. This assumes i hf first every time.

2) I like to run with different groups, but there is one things that stands out in all of them. The only thing that makes your run go faster is the weapon refine not your aps. Aps will help, but a 3.33 squad with all +10 weapons will finish in a similar time as a 5 aps squad with +5~+10 weapons.

Usual set up people go for is 2 BM, 0/1 Veno,0/1 cleric and 3/4 sins. These are the +10 squads. With this squad i hardly ever spark. When one bm does a hf, the other does gs, and the next spark cycle we alternate. Bosses die far more quickly this way, than one bm doing a spark and the other doing hf, and switching next spark. This also means that bms don't need high aps(1.43 aps will work with this squad, provided you have genie or pk mode enabled, not ideal though), just lvl 10/11 HF and GS (doesn't have to be lvl 10, but it helps).

I have had 4 bm, veno, cleric. 1 bm, 5 sins. 1~3 bm, 1~2 archers, 1 barb, 1 veno, 1 cleric, sins. Haven't had the pleasure of taking a psy, wiz, mystic, seeker yet. All these different squads took 10~15 per run, simply because everyone had +10 weapon refine or there about and were 4~5 aps.

I did have one group of 2 r9 geared people 5 aps, the weapon refine was +10 on all of the squad members that did not go well. The dd was slow and the sin or bm tanking with 10~14k hp died frequently. Since i have never tanked the bosses, i don't know what people do to stay alive. I don't play sins, so i don't know if they use skills or simply auto attack. As a bm it is mostly spark, auto attack, hf, attack, spark repeat. Could be they were all sleepy, but that also showed me that aps and gears is not everything.

3) I did 10 runs as 2.86 sparked bm. 2 were successful, 4 were abandoned by 2~4 boss. Most runs took 40 minutes or more. I had horrible experiences. Major chi issues to keep up with the squad without genie.

3.33 runs were better only did 7 of them, took about 25~40 minutes, mostly finished, fewer deaths. Chi issues, have to miss a spark to time the hf.

4 aps runs, countless, wasn't ever in one that did not finish. Some runs were atrocious and felt like ditching the squad. Others were super fun. They take 10~20 minutes. Chi building problems exist, but minute.

5 aps runs 20, same as 4, but i get my chi faster, much much faster now, so i have more fun. I hf and GS right after each other.

There was one 3.33 aps squad i remember it finished in 12 minutes, everyone was amazing in that run, weapon refine was +5~+7. It felt very smooth and had great fun.

As a "DD bm" in failed 4 aps or below squad no amount of hp food can keep you alive at 6~7k hp. I finished about 200 hp pots in 3 days. Once i found better people, i use 0~4 pots a run and i do more runs a day than before.

If experience is precious to you, don't do nirvana. Often times rezzing you while healing the tank will cause squad wipes, better to release. When i was 100, i lost 60% exp in nirvana. When i turned 101, i made sure i only had 5m exp (5 days of cube). Now when i die, it doesn't matter to me, i am at 0%~0.5%. Or keep lots of guardian scrolls.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So I did some varied squads over the weekend, and the guide was a lifesaver both with keeping my HF vs GS straight, and the strategies of when to move or when not to move.

Quid Pro Quo trick works like a charm.

I added some more info to the two inital posts, I'd definitely like some more information on the "Extras" were working on, especially the APS thoughts.

Stuff/Thoughts from the weekend:

In a friends group (3.33/5.0 BM, 3.33/5.0 Sin, 2nd Cast Nirv Seeker, cleric) the bosses died slower, so I got to actually see more of what the bosses do. (Personally, Friends Group = more fun than random high APS group)

-I noticed that there are these random deaths that happen on the first boss. I have yet to see any circles, even with graphics on level 1. Am I missing them because of low graphics? I just really don't care for the sparkly colors getting in the way of what Im seeing even tho my compy runs it fine, but the random deaths are annoying.

-Whirly Slash boss seems to have a HUGE distance, I'm trying to pace it out exactly and see what max range is and like make a gd map. I tried sparking through it and it worked once, but I'm kinda gun shy given the sin couldn't spark/AD through it well.

-I know some people said Ashura's Tyrant rocks can kill some toons - HOW? They did like 500 even to the cleric.

-Phoenix Flames I really reccomend moving out of if you have a lower speed squad. It was adding up over time and it was just really easier to move. Arbiter of Flame's damage seemed laughable. I think just low HP toons should move.

-I saw some random aggro out of Vanished Ancestor & Ashura's Tyrant. Am I crazy? 2nd boss Nox seems to do some random aggro stuff too.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not sure, but it seems that most vana bosses after sealing go for random agro and pick on the cleric/veno specifically, some causing them to die. Random agro can kill the squishier members in the squad (i can die from most bosses).
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle Non HF able boss's becoming HF able.b:pleased
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Get a Cloud Eruption for your Genie if you can, it will make your HF amp even better.

1) Demon Spark + Cloud Eruption then HF, make sure you time it correctly.

b:victory
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    TBH JuFranz, I would hope by level 100 they would already know that trick.

But given the plvl situation, you may have a point, and that could be worth throwing in.

I typically have a few modes:

Start -> 3Spark -> Cloud Eruption -> Switch Axes -> HF -> Switch Claws - > Attack -> Repeat 3 Spark until genie refreshes

(Works the same with GS over HF)

Or:

Start -> HF -> Cyclone to Get more chi/3spark till HF refreshes -> Repeat

(Usually I do this with 3-4 man groups full of 5aps. Ive noticed that things die faster if I HF as often as possible over 3 Spark/Cloud Erupt if there is more than 1 other 5aps)

Or:

Duel Seeker -> HF Seeker (and EP) -> Cyclone to Get more chi/3spark till HF refreshes -> Repeat

Now that I write it out it seems kinda boring...thank god for the chaos that is Lunar.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one who bothers with the crit bonus combo?

Start with 399 chi -> dragon bane -> attack until 350 chi -> triple spark (purges dmg reduction and leaves crit) -> cloud erupt -> dragons -> auto-attack until triple is built back up -> spark (this time chi build up until dragons is off CD -> repeat process once dragon bane is off CD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options

Start with 399 chi -> dragon bane -> attack until 350 chi -> triple spark (purges dmg reduction and leaves crit) -> cloud erupt -> dragons -> auto-attack until triple is built back up -> spark (this time chi build up until dragons is off CD -> repeat process once dragon bane is off CD

Ive thought about it, Im just not sure where to implement it OR if it is really more efficient.

Biggest issue I have is the runs are lighting quick - 5-10 min runs, if anything banking taking up 2-3 minutes - this combo would just take too long.

Or its just with friends and we really arent looking for efficiency and more of just hanging out.

Tempting to parse, I may give this a try over the holiday. I really hope they don't say QPQ is against the rules...
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ive thought about it, Im just not sure where to implement it OR if it is really more efficient.

Biggest issue I have is the runs are lighting quick - 5-10 min runs, if anything banking taking up 2-3 minutes - this combo would just take too long.

Or its just with friends and we really arent looking for efficiency and more of just hanging out.

Tempting to parse, I may give this a try over the holiday. I really hope they don't say QPQ is against the rules...

I use it in NV runs, takes my damage under spark from a average of 6k per hit to an average of 10k per hit (Love having near 50% crit with dragon bane <3).

As for places to use it....usually works best on bosses with a lot of HP (like World bosses or NV bosses if you are in a slower run)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

That combo will throw off your HF timing because you'd be timing it to your chi buildup, rather than the squad. I use Bane+phys marrow+triple spark+auto attack+mire+frenzy combo on a few bosses but not the ampable ones. The ones I use it on most are the second boss since I'm trying to kill him before he self buffs, and the phoenix since fast squad can kill him before a second or third fire ever appear.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That combo will throw off your HF timing because you'd be timing it to your chi buildup, rather than the squad. I use Bane+phys marrow+triple spark+auto attack+mire+frenzy combo on a few bosses but not the ampable ones. The ones I use it on most are the second boss since I'm trying to kill him before he self buffs, and the phoenix since fast squad can kill him before a second or third fire ever appear.

Not really. I'm 3.33 unsparked so my chi build is very, very quick. Using Dragon bane which is only 1 spark, and already having 399 chi (basically 4 sparks), means it takes a few hits for me to get the chi back for my combo.

I've used it on the first boss in NV and the thing died before second dragon was needed. Also used on any other ampable bosses and it usually kills them before a second dragon is needed.

But the reason I use that combo is to increase my dps by a good bit. Though like I said you HAVE to start with max chi (399, since we have no 4th spark). This allows you to waste 1 spark for dragon bane as you run at the boss, then the first couple hits from the boss put you at 3 spark and 50 chi, then you triple spark (usually by this time everybody else is at boss and going into triple spark), then hit cloud erupt, (hotkey axes f7 for me) switch to axes, dragons, switch back to fist (hotkey again, f6 for me), then DD like mad until you can triple spark again or dragon based on what your squad is like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Depends entirely on your squad as to what you should do as a bm, on ampable bosses I dont even spark I just HF and let the 2 sins kill the boss (1 rank9+12 and 1 nirvana 1st cast +10 or better if we can find one). The crit combo is nice in weaker squads if you are the primary dd but if your job is to dragon first your better off 3 spark DG when your squad is all DDing directly after their sparks if possible especially with demon DG as they will generally spark again 10-12 seconds later (spark macros and full chi)

Also depending on your weapon refine you can pull the mobs on 3rd boss to one side (speed run in, then will of the bodhistava + magic marrow to avoid the slow and run just past the pillars on the left or right, wait for the mobs/boss to bunch up) You then walk back in HF + Frenzy switch to fist and Bolt this will kill them all (I kill them reliably with +11 hh100). Pulling back has the slight disadvantage that you arent forcing them to bunch up meaning DG might not get them all. In lower DD squads the barb generally pulls and perditions just mire and DG if you position correctly your squad is DDing the boss with their sparks while the barb/bm destroys the mob wave
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DG in your post kept getting me confused until I realized you meant dragons....

but anyhow, with any squad i'm in I always solo the mobs for 3rd boss in NV. And it goes smoothly as long as people read the ****ing chat box when I tell them that i'm going to solo it =.= (This stupidity is the main reason why I like duo or trio runs cause people actually pay ****ing attention....)

and I don't even need fist for it, just dragons, and two AoE's and the mobs are dead (r8 axe +4 ftw!).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    On third boss, someone else lures the boss, I run over to the foxes, group, stun, and AOE them down. Its really quick.

If I'm grouped with my wife, I run over, group, stun, and she kills them practically instantly with vortex.

They are only an issue if you don't get them grouped right and miss one.

And Michael, I completely concur, if there is more than 1 other 5APS than you, just HF the second it refreshes, seems most efficient.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Very useful guide!

Was kinda bored today and got the crazy idea to go try solo Nirvy. Never done it before, just trio/duo.

Got full base buffs and apo, ready to go.
    Died at first boss by circles, clicking the apo wrong or something, not sure. It was epic fail tho. b:chuckle

The sin who was my chaperone helped me kill it, but it shouldnt be a problem for a futur solo run. >.>

Second boss was alright, timed my sparking and GS abit wrong with his selfbuffing. Ran across the room to avoid most of it btw. Charmticks. D:

Third boss was no problem at all, spark, sword cyclone and focus on boss.

Fourth boss was the black machine guy with the feather adds. Easy.
    Runner should also be no problem, even if i have to run 1 or 2 times if my apo is on cooldown.

Fifth boss was that lizzard dude with the yellow circles and falling rocks. No problem.
    Snake guy might be more difficult if i dont have chi for sparking, apo is on cooldown and genie isnt full, but well, that will be rare.
    Zerk boss, well, can just run abit there.

Sixth boss was KFC. I spark + GS at the start, but then save genie to quickly run away from fire, then run back to boss who moved abit within the same holy path cast.
    I like to move him to the outer ring, then make the entire circle. If the circle is complete is move to the center of the room but he should be dead by then. Messed up timing by sparking, before getting sealed and fire spawning. When i sparked i stay in the fire btw, as long as its just 1. The increased dmg makes for nice bp.
    In case i get rock dude, well, you can HF on him so he wont be a problem. Gonna move 2 secs after he smashes tho, just to be safe. :P
    Is it enough to walk around the boss, but keeping boss in same place to avoid the fire after the smash?

Seventh boss i chickened out. xD
    Gotta admit, i am very unexperienced with running them chests. And i didnt feel sober enough to try at that time. Could have used apo for the first mob, but if im correct they respawn in 90 seconds. That would mean for the 2nd mob apo would be on cooldown and i find sparking abit to risky, since im very pro at being wrong with timing. xD

Apart from that ubernaab mistake at the start and not trying the last boss, it went pretty well, considering i only had bell and bp after dying in the beginning. About 15-20 charmticks total, 50-ish crabmeat, and some base apo.

It was a test run, to see if i could do it, and i think i can. b:victory

Not sure how long the run was, but i think somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes.
    That makes it totally not profitable at this point.
    My stats atm: 5aps +10 G16 fists, 95 attack levels, 24% crit, demon HF and GS.
    Taking dmg isnt the problem, not talking 1 shot aoe's, but doing the dmg is. I think i need to make the fists +12 with some decent shard, and break 100 attack levels.

What i also would like to know is the timing on the seals the bosses throw at you. Waiting to spark could speed things up.

What are your thoughts on this guys? Am i doing anything very wrong? Any tips? All is welcome. =]

And a big thx to Brivido for moral support, tips and bp. Love ya hun. b:kiss

Edit: ok nailed it. Took me 35 minutes, but made some silly errors. Should be able to do it in around 30 minutes with my current build.