Dark Death Thorn for sage sin

Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Assassin
So i am looking at my endgame gear now, and from the what i see, Barrier Thorn - Nirvana is giving me -.1 int while Dark Death Thorn can only give -.05

My question is, as a sage sin, will the difference of 4aps vs 3.33 aps be more important for me, then the higher base damage + Gof/Sac Strike, or will i be better off with the lower aps, and hopefully a -int +max damage, and a gof/ss add on ?
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Post edited by Pyrostormz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    both of the daggers can give you -.1 int, just on the G15 dagger (Dark Death Thorn) it would be -.05 x 2 instead of just saying -.1

And truthfully said if you are sage you should just use the 4 aps method for farming and then 3.33 or w/e for PvP (if you do that).
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So i am looking at my endgame gear now, and from the what i see, Barrier Thorn - Nirvana is giving me -.1 int while Dark Death Thorn can only give -.05

My question is, as a sage sin, will the difference of 4aps vs 3.33 aps be more important for me, then the higher base damage + Gof/Sac Strike, or will i be better off with the lower aps, and hopefully a -int +max damage, and a gof/ss add on ?

Damage wise you will do more with SS and -int, but your problem will be staying perma sparked vs other sins that are at least 4.0 base (sage). Personally I made a 3.33 base (20atk lvl -int G15) sage sin and I like it so far. It's really up to you but I don't have any problems on my sage sin at 3.33 base.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys

its more for pve. i dont pvp much
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Go for the 2nd cast daggers.

There's always the chance of getting 2x -0.05, and something else. And that damage output is so much better than Barrier Thorns, even if the unique add is crit %.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • drugsss
    drugsss Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    For a 50%PVE\ 50% PVP\ 2.8 or 3.3 is really good?

I mean,Killing a barb demon sin looks be better, Anyway

Wich skills sage sin needs to be good on PVE And PVP?

Subsea\Devotion\BP\Tidal\

Anyway... On my case with G15 Sacrifical assault +dex 19 + 0.5
    And R9 . Both +11...

I ll suffer for farming? I mean keep using skills for sparking and stuff, Suggestions,Suggestions please

And sry for my bad english
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Damage wise you will do more with SS and -int

Only if the proc rate of SS is more than 25% or you're talking GoF.
    Personally I made a 3.33 base (20atk lvl -int G15) sage sin and I like it so far. It's really up to you but I don't have any problems on my sage sin at 3.33 base.

I'm 3.33 with a G13 and I don't have any problems to speak of. When so required, I can use Windshield to get up to 4.0 and I can maintain a permaspark with very little chi skill usage: I can use Power Dash whenever it's out of cooldown.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'd go for G15. Personally, I'm 2.86 aps with r9 and have no problems.

Also, when at the lvl of G15 daggers, permaspark becomes less important in squads to be only a soloing issue. Squads became more a matter of concentrating a maximum of damage the time of the first amps/debuffs. Soloing, sage bp on the heavily increased dph and sage spark make that using a skill some times doesn't hurt you. Higher dph will also benefit you a lot in places where aps isn't really of use (rebirth for example).
    edited December 2011
    ok guys, thanks for the help
    it seems that g15 is the way to go, as the damage output is well worth it, and the aps is not a major issue

i do plan to have all the -int pieces, so 3.33 seems to be more then enough

on another note though, what order should i focus on for my endgame gear?
    i have my -int tome and cape, as thats all i can use now, the weapon obviously will be my first upgrade at 100
    i assume rank 8 chest as that wont cost much,and i will get it right away, and the ornaments seem to be cheap enough to get at 99
    after that, i am unsure what order to go in
    i have -int bracers now, so i will probably save that for last

also, until i have all my gear, i dont plan to refine past +5 or shard better the flawless/immacs
    will i be laughed out of squads for such gear 0.o
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If you are talking Niv, most of the fast squads you see in WC will be looking for aps only4+, they dont pay attention to rest of gear much.but there are squads that take anyone, just not as much b:sad. Personaly I could care less if the squad is fast or slow, unless there is a g15 or r9 in the squad, i usualy tank anyway with my r8's. b:chuckle

Right now I am farming all the raps for to make g15's in one go, then work on recasts later. Seeing you are 94, and raps are cheap atm, if you can spare the coin I suggest buying some now (when or if you can) not alot lol but one here one there, till you can start farming them in squads. It will take some time off on raps you will eventualy need later.

I have about 50 raps so far and hope to farm the rest i need to atleast make the g15's during this 2x. One person told me just to farm for r9 since my r8's are +11 already, but with prices on chips its cheaper for me to farm raps that i dont have to pay for vers farming coin to get the silly amount of chips i need and not even counting the 200 gold for the medals. Eventualy i will get r9, I already have the reps for it, just realisticaly its easier and cheaper to get the g15's now and i am putting 1/4 of my niv earnings to my faction so i can give them a base that i and more importantly they so want. I think i saw chips for 15k in 1k streams the other day, thats what 1.7b in coins for the GSK's then the 200g for the medals b:cry. I cant remember if that was the 10 or 15 pack ones. but anycase even if it was 1b in coins, the g15's come out cheaper even with recasts for a decient pair, say +20 att lvl's or ss/gof and int i will be happy. I farmed the tt mats for the 99's so no pay out on coins there either. I may even trade my up/down for a pangu +coins to pay for the ref on the daggers, I am already at 500 on dex, so i can afford to loose a few points on that.

If you are ever online and you get to that point that you can do niv runs, I would love to take you with me, it can be a blast b:victory. I am the leader of Hartland and usualy online most days give me a ring b:bye
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the advice
    i can actually afford all the raps i need now, i had bought the first 100 for the g13, but held off on the rest to see what people thought about g15's
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    g15s are amazing. im demon 5 aps with -int and ss ( +10 ref) and i take agro from g13 +12 sins any time. and +10-12 costs 350m so g15s are actually not much more expensive at a way higher damage potential (150 raps at 1,35m-> ~ 200m and 5% chance to get -int/ss -> 20 rolls-> 190M)