safe to say???

Channman - Lost City
Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
that the forums are now dead cause anything we post gets closed now? i guess bye forums was nice posting here when we could.. btw mods this will only make the game die faster b:bye
Post edited by Channman - Lost City on

Comments

• jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I see alot of posts/threads that are not closed.

+ only about 10% of game population actually visits forums b:bye
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Maybe if you idiots didn't keep spamming pointless topics they wouldn't have to close them? o.o
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    jaanyoo wrote: »
    I see alot of posts/threads that are not closed.

+ only about 10% of game population actually visits forums b:bye

Actually, resent polls suggest that 77% of game population visits forums while only 19% post. I would reference said polls but I don't feel like searching through banished threads in The Lower Depths.

Also, "a lot" is, and always will be, two words. That was for you, Almon.
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hogwarts is not safe
  • sparklyee
    sparklyee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hogwarts is not safe

LOL nice one.
    Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?
  • JinSoul - Lost City
    JinSoul - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Make useful threads then, with actual sense and threads won't get closed down. Makes sense, doesn't it? But most of you butthurt kids only post QQ and flame threads, so go figure.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The hypocrisy is outstanding
    See my sig. Flame threads about the opposig side can stay open unmodded for MONTHS
    You talk about tf its instantaneous

People see this and now are trolling the gms ad mods over the unfair treatment

Theres not much else to talk about except tf and venge but the trollig about venege has run its course and theres not much to say anymore

Cant talk about tf cuz they are untouchable and it seems ppl are annoyed by it
    Here we go again....
  • JinSoul - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    The hypocrisy is outstanding
    See my sig. Flame threads about the opposig side can stay open unmodded for MONTHS
    You talk about tf its instantaneous

People see this and now are trolling the gms ad mods over the unfair treatment

Theres not much else to talk about except tf and venge but the trollig about venege has run its course and theres not much to say anymore

Cant talk about tf cuz they are untouchable and it seems ppl are annoyed by it

Now now, I understand your hate for TF - that's ok (everyone's entitled to dislike anything). But, do you have to mention us in every single post you make? Please, go ahead and fill a "butthurtt application" and let us know why you're so butthurted. Where there tears?

You make false accusations, and flame us, and spread hate. That is against the forum rules. Why you gotta be such a damn kid and QQ so much? Is not that "we're untouchable", what's happening is that you and other VF drama queens are spreading too much flame and hate, and the mods simply do their job.
  • paralleogram
    edited November 2011
    So explain oh wise one why wasnt the wadzio thread close and deleted?
    It was made to flame spread hate and all that jazz that is clearly against TOS
    It went on for 3 months and nothig was done

How isnit possible that can stay open and other thread not nearly a quarter as bad deleted instantly?

Explain to us. :)
    Here we go again....
  • JinSoul - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    So explain oh wise one why wasnt the wadzio thread close and deleted?
    It was made to flame spread hate and all that jazz that is clearly against TOS
    It went on for 3 months and nothig was done

How isnit possible that can stay open and other thread not nearly a quarter as bad deleted instantly?

Explain to us. :)

It is closed, wise one.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Jin....dude, don't try and defend Tri-Force if you are in it.

No point in it.

As for paralleogram, he keeps poking and prod'ing because everybody knows he is right.

The thread to flame Wazido got left open for MONTHS before closing, that thread was meant to FLAME, TROLL, HARASS, AND EMBARASS Wazido.

Now try and open a thread to do even a single one of the above and a mod or GM suddenly appears and deletes or closes it in a instant.
    Quiet literally this is the only server I know of that they do this in, even back in HT (Heaven's Tear) a mod wouldn't bother touching a thread about any major guilds just cause it was there for a reason (even if that reason was to flame)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    edited November 2011
    Thank you perses for saying it more directly
    Im at school and have only short breaks to reply on my phone so replies are rushed and not well thought out
    Here we go again....
  • LiquidAcid - Lost City
    LiquidAcid - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Maybe....just maybe it might be cause there is a under-geared veno from NcN trying to make friends in TF to be accepted into guild b:chuckle. I wont say who because that would naming and shaming. b:avoid
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Maybe....just maybe it might be cause there is a under-geared veno from NcN trying to make friends in TF to be accepted into guild b:chuckle. I wont say who because that would naming and shaming. b:avoid

^ Rofl xD

Now THAT wouldn't surprise me.
    But then again, I don't plan to put this BM into TF or any other guild besides KB. Though my psychic is another story :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Make useful threads then, with actual sense and threads won't get closed down. Makes sense, doesn't it? But most of you butthurt kids only post QQ and flame threads, so go figure.

shut your mouth you talk about being butthurt then go rage at wazdio your a IDIOT DONT POST ON MY ****ING THREADS GOT IT b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Quiet literally this is the only server I know of that they do this in, even back in HT (Heaven's Tear) a mod wouldn't bother touching a thread about any major guilds just cause it was there for a reason (even if that reason was to flame)

Incorrect. I deal with these sorts of issues in the HT sub-forum all the time. Just ask them.b:victory
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Incorrect. I deal with these sorts of issues in the HT sub-forum all the time. Just ask them.b:victory

Which is WHY the ****ing sub-forums are dead b:bye

Me want old mods back that had senses of humor and would close threads only if they served a purpose that was actually against the ToS. Not just because they wanted to wave around a forum e-peen b:bye

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparklyee
    sparklyee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Me want old mods back that had senses of humor and would close threads only if they served a purpose that was actually against the ToS. Not just because they wanted to wave around a forum e-peen b:bye

^ This.
    Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2011

THIS ^^ ... adds: mods seem to have such attitudes
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I liked when there were mods but you never actually saw them. 50+ pages of flame wars like this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=80362 ftw.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    devotion wrote: »
    I liked when there were mods but you never actually saw them. 50+ pages of flame wars like this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=80362 ftw.

This thread is pretty amazing. I didn't read the entire thing. Only difference I notice is this thread is full of INGAME drama. The threads that started the Mod enforcement here had nothing to do with the game.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    This thread is pretty amazing. I didn't read the entire thing. Only difference I notice is this thread is full of INGAME drama. The threads that started the Mod enforcement here had nothing to do with the game.

A voice of reason in all the clamor... thank you, Susa.b:thanks

Also, the sub-forums aren't dead because of anything we do. We do our best to make players feel welcome and invited to post. I'm sorry if threads singling out other players and mocking them don't seem to fit into that category. The only ones scaring away potential posters are you guys.b:bye

And the HT forums? They weren't even being actively moderated and just kind of slowed down. When I was active there, they were more active than they had been in a while. Try to get your facts straight before you make claims.
  • devotion
    edited November 2011
    A voice of reason in all the clamor... thank you, Susa.b:thanks

Also, the sub-forums aren't dead because of anything we do. We do our best to make players feel welcome and invited to post. I'm sorry if threads singling out other players and mocking them don't seem to fit into that category. The only ones scaring away potential posters are you guys.b:bye

And the HT forums? They weren't even being actively moderated and just kind of slowed down. When I was active there, they were more active than they had been in a while. Try to get your facts straight before you make claims.

Hm. I'm probably one of the last people on the forums that have played this game since the start. I've posted almost 4k times with the majority of them in the lost city subsection. I really have never been out of the loop in terms of these forums and I can, with certainty, say that the recent moderation has not been in-line with the previous.

It may be because the rules have changed and that's fine but you can not say you guys aren't a major reason these forums suck. The game is dead yes, but it has been for a LONG time. The real drama aspect of this game has been dead since before anniversary packs. There was still a bunch of active posting just the same as what's been posted recently except it wasn't immediately closed due to over moderation or biased mods.

Here's proof.

Devil making a public call-out to Droga. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=308222
    - This wasn't locked until it was necro'd.

Schooled being racist. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=256372
    - Never locked.

Okay, the thread title would be enough to close this thread. GZ Buttholes. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=283181
    - 18 pages, never locked.

One of the first elayne hate threads. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323642
    - Locked. Just kidding it wasn't.

Which guild do you hate the most? - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=230831
    - No lock.

And that was with a one word search. There was a huge issue with people calling LLama fat, Deity being a huge dbag and many more non in-game drama threads. All those threads would have been locked if made right now. I'm not saying they don't deserve a lock I'm just showing you the major reason people posted here.

Note that the recent threads about mods obviously should be locked, I'm talking about the threads and actions that prompted those threads and posts.

e:

That thread is huge nostalgia... it basically encompassed all the major drama in lost city that happened during the first 4 months of the server. I'm surprised how much stuff actually happened in those four months compared to everything after. UnLimited was a big guild for me and I was only marshal for the first month and a bit. The transition from unlimited -> bloodlust -> conqueror for life only took under three months wtf. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    devotion wrote: »
    Hm. I'm probably one of the last people on the forums that have played this game since the start. I've posted almost 4k times with the majority of them in the lost city subsection. I really have never been out of the loop in terms of these forums and I can, with certainty, say that the recent moderation has not been in-line with the previous.

It may be because the rules have changed and that's fine but you can not say you guys aren't a major reason these forums suck. The game is dead yes, but it has been for a LONG time. The real drama aspect of this game has been dead since before anniversary packs. There was still a bunch of active posting just the same as what's been posted recently except it wasn't immediately closed due to over moderation or biased mods.

Here's proof.

Devil making a public call-out to Droga. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=308222
    - This wasn't locked until it was necro'd.

Schooled being racist. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=256372
    - Never locked.

Okay, the thread title would be enough to close this thread. GZ Buttholes. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=283181
    - 18 pages, never locked.

One of the first elayne hate threads. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323642
    - Locked. Just kidding it wasn't.

Which guild do you hate the most? - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=230831
    - No lock.

And that was with a one word search. There was a huge issue with people calling LLama fat, Deity being a huge dbag and many more non in-game drama threads. All those threads would have been locked if made right now. I'm not saying they don't deserve a lock I'm just showing you the major reason people posted here.

Note that the recent threads about mods obviously should be locked, I'm talking about the threads and actions that prompted those threads and posts.

I can tell you right now by looking at those dates, that was a time when there was little to no moderation to speak of. I think there was maybe one true moderator for that whole time period, and that just goes to show what lack of moderation can lead to. I'm sorry, but we are enforcing the forum rules. If, however, you see a moderator step out of line to close something or edit a post, feel free to take it up with either them or frankie via PM. We are more than happy to discuss our actions, and we are human and do sometimes make mistakes.

The recent rash of closed threads, however, as Susa has already pointed out, had nothing to do with the game. Sorry, but your argument is again invalidated by your own points.

EDIT: I would also like to say, I'm fine discussing this here, since it is a feeling being voice by more than one player. As long as nobody results to crass insults, I don't mind continuing.
  • devotion
    edited November 2011
    I can tell you right now by looking at those dates, that was a time when there was little to no moderation to speak of. I think there was maybe one true moderator for that whole time period, and that just goes to show what lack of moderation can lead to. I'm sorry, but we are enforcing the forum rules. If, however, you see a moderator step out of line to close something or edit a post, feel free to take it up with either them or frankie via PM. We are more than happy to discuss our actions, and we are human and do sometimes make mistakes.

The recent rash of closed threads, however, as Susa has already pointed out, had nothing to do with the game. Sorry, but your argument is again invalidated by your own points.

EDIT: I would also like to say, I'm fine discussing this here, since it is a feeling being voice by more than one player. As long as nobody results to crass insults, I don't mind continuing.

I'm definitely not questioning your modding capabilities. The threads I posted should probably have been locked. My response was in regards to the line,

Also, the sub-forums aren't dead because of anything we do.

which I believed was incorrect. A big reason why the forums are quiet is because drama has been locked. I'd like to reiterate that I'm not talking about the current first page. Any large drama thread since mods I will not name have been added have been shut down and locked for reasons much more tame than in the past. This is a HUGE reason the forums are a lot quieter. People forget about the game when nothing interesting is conversed about. A lot of the people that played back in the days still visited the forums long after they quit which isn't the case now.

Ultimately, the rules set have to be followed so I'm not here to complain but I do not believe the "death" of this game was the sole reason these forums basically hit a brick wall once certain mods got power.

Thanks for keeping this open for now, it's definitely a contrast to others' actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Again I am not reading all of the threads you are posting devotion. Other than the Schooled being racist which wasn't even in the thread it was a screenshot of something he said in game which should be dealt with through the ticket system, the difference between all these threads and the ones that started the mods locking threads is, they are about the GAME. No one is posting personal information in those threads or attacking a player about things that have nothing to do with the game. b:surrender

Blame the players that couldn't keep their butthurtitis about the game and tried to make it personal.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Bictorr - Lost City
    Bictorr - Lost City Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I remember when Conqueror first beat BloodLust 1v1. The rare feeling of accomplishment in this game aside from getting the first land in the 2nd week and claiming the whole map.
    BloodLust crumbled like 3 weeks later after losing consecutively =D

I was GeorgeBush in that Next to fail thread =D
    Damn what was I posting about back then lol.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Gotta love how the mod here has no balls to actually reply to the truth in my post.

How bout we just tell frankie to strip you guys of mod status, as you aren't helping but instead being a hinderence. b:cute?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Gotta love how the mod here has no balls to actually reply to the truth in my post.

How bout we just tell frankie to strip you guys of mod status, as you aren't helping but instead being a hinderence. b:cute?

I wasn't aware that I had to post a response to everyone that tried to attack my character, or that of my fellow moderators.b:bye
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    I wasn't aware that I had to post a response to everyone that tried to attack my character, or that of my fellow moderators.b:bye

Oh i'm sorry, did I strike a nerve? Good. That's what you mods do to us forum users all the ****ing time lately.

We want to have a conversation about TF? NOPE, INSTANT DELETE OR LOCK

Want to start a flame war that lasts for 3 months about VF? Sure go right ahead!

You starting to see the double standards here? You sayin' that you are modding this place, yet....That **** there still happens.

Congratz, you fail more than when they were no mods.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.