Squad Roster for Instances

Betrigan - Raging Tide
Betrigan - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hi,

One of the major time wasting activities in this game is the creation of squads for various instances...

1 - Spamming WC.... the WC is spammed by people (myself included) trying to find one or two key members for a particular squad - this can go on for hours with multiple people from the same squad wc in despiration.

2 - Time wasted... Besides being inefficient, I believe that the time it takes to build squads is also detrimental to the enjoyment of the game - would you rather be waiting for a squad to form or actually playing the game/earning xp / getting drops etc?... Lets assume that someone has an hour or two to play and then has to spend 30 to 60 minutes trying to find a squad - what has happened to me many times is that we get a squad - barring one person (like a healer or tank) and eventually the squad disintegrates after trying to find the last spot for an hour.

3 - this happens with people with huge friend lists and faction groups - its not easy to build a squad quickly without considerable luck.

A roster would allow someone to post themselves up as available for instance X with whatever minimum level requirements the player requires... e.g. Lvl 93 wiz available for FC, BH89 minimum squad member level 90, squad distribution required random, wined.. etc... Someone creating a squad could also create a requirement - i.e. squad for FC, need one of each of the following classes, minimum level etc...

There does not need to be any enforcing of these requirements, but at least there would be a way to centralise finding place in a squad or creating a public squad. Obviously the choice chars like tanks/cleric are still going to be 'used' first, at least this gives a way to manage it more efficiently.

So people making or searching for squads could meet up quicker and easier than the current pot luck approach.

Just an idea from someone who has wasted countless hours doing nothing on this game...

Betrigan
Post edited by Betrigan - Raging Tide on

Comments

• laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Part of me hopes that lowbies see all the barb begging on WC and make a barb alt.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter