pwdatabase.com drop rate question

Amboxil - Archosaur
Amboxil - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
what's drop rate of Rough Fur by Sapphire Planeshark Don in this server?

17.4265% or 8.7208%

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1776

i just want to know different about "Default drop rate" and "Real drop rate"

ty b:chuckle
Post edited by Amboxil - Archosaur on

Comments

• Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

The link isnt immediately obvious, but it is literally right there on the site :p
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you're too lazy to read that link, its basically that mobs have a chance to drop 0, 1, 2 or 3 items (Probability of X item(s)), and they do that calculating a certain number of times (How many times server count drop rate).

So the default drop rate is the drop rate if the mob has to drop one for one time. But since there's a chance the mob doesn't drop anything (0 items), then it gets lower on the real drop rate.

Basically pwdatabase does the calculation for you :3

So, you have to follow the real drop rate :3

All the extra info pwdatabase gives is, for instance, if you want to know how many Selee tokens can Noxtouch Culler give at top, it's 10 times * 3 drops = 30! but that's pretty much impossible to happen.
  • Amboxil - Archosaur
    Amboxil - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Basically pwdatabase does the calculation for you :3

So, you have to follow the real drop rate :3

OKIE i belive in u!

ty
    b:dirty
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    "Real drop rate" is thee % chance that you get one of that particular item whenever the mob is killed; kill one planeshark, and you have an 8.xx% chance of getting rough fur. If you kill a planeshark and it drops exactly one item, you have a 13.xx chance of getting one
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    back in the day when i cared about drops like that..like back in 2008...it was funny i got most rough furs fom the fish out in the sea off widows coast lol
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.