For those who don't have English as main language.

Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Warning : This thread will have some parts of it in a different language then what should be used in these forums. But, to follow the rules, I will provide a exact translation following what I typed in that foreing language.

It's to prove that in PWI, the "I" is for International and in PWE, "E" stands for Entertainement, and not for english, but I do follow the rules.

French part :

Bonjour, je parle francais et je trouve cela triste de voir certaines personnes se faire attaquer pour leur manque de syntaxe. Surtout quand ils font leur possible pour se faire comprendre sur un forum anglais. Si c'est votre cas, je m'offre a traduire pour vous de francais a anglais, ce que vous avez a dire. Et aussi , faire le contraire au besoin de vous transformer une reponse d'anglais a francais. Juste a m'envoyer un message prive, si c'est le cas. Merci.

English translation

Hi, I speak French and I find it sad to see some people beeing bashed on or attcked for their lack of proper syntax. Especially when they try their best to be understood in a English forum. If it's your case, I offer myself as traductor for you, for French to English, for what you have to say. And also, to do the opposite , if needed, to transform an answer you got from English back to French. Just send me a private message , if it's the case. Thank you.

I do not want anything for this, and I do hope it is a good idea. I just want more people to feel "at home" and I was once told that I had excellent grammar/syntax for someone not borned in the USA. Even got suggested to go work at the state borders as I would do a better job then most that are posted there b:chuckle.

Anyway, have fun b:victory
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Pretty cool idea you had there, Sir :)

English isn't my mothertongue either but I try to give my best to not make any mistakes P: I think if people really got nothing better to say than to criticize your language, then they aren't worth your time. Not everyone is a good learner or can use another language fluently. It's just stupid to insult others based on grammar b:surrender

Hoping to see this grow into a helpful place :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • L_DAMIEN_l - Heavens Tear
    L_DAMIEN_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's such a nice idea!

Well, I'm pretty busy at the moment, but If anyone needs it, I'll do what I can to translate posts from portuguese to english. Let's hope that other people have this iniciative, so that the efficiency of PWI forum's comunication is improved! XD

PS: I'm thinking about taking french lessons next year(now it's too late)... Could you tell me if it's harder or easier to learn than german?
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's such a nice idea!

Well, I'm pretty busy at the moment, but If anyone needs it, I'll do what I can to translate posts from portuguese to english. Let's hope that other people have this iniciative, so that the efficiency of PWI forum's comunication is improved! XD

PS: I'm thinking about taking french lessons next year(now it's too late)... Could you tell me if it's harder or easier to learn than german?

I have no idea about German. My parents were both bilingual so they teached me both languages (French and English) as soon as I was 5 (And i'm 37 now). I did go to high school in French up till College but watching English tv shows and playing video games made sure I never lost it.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My main language isn't english, but seriously, why can't countries just make sure that children in elementary and high school get proper english education? And how about those countries changing dubs into subs?

Besides, the "I" might mean international, but we all know that they are american based servers and there isn't much international about it. But english is an international language spoken around the world. Just because a lot of french people can't be bothered to teach themself english, we suddenly need to have sympathy for them?

Doesn't this forum have a french section? just go there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My main language isn't english, but seriously, why can't countries just make sure that children in elementary and high school get proper english education? And how about those countries changing dubs into subs?

Besides, the "I" might mean international, but we all know that they are american based servers and there isn't much international about it. But english is an international language spoken around the world. Just because a lot of french people can't be bothered to teach themself english, we suddenly need to have sympathy for them?

Doesn't this forum have a french section? just go there.

I have friends in university that know nothing about english and I do laugh from them. Always saying "Why do I need to learn it? I won't even use it" lmao, right.

My main lang is spanish, but I do know english pretty well to be able to communicate in a forum as well as in-game / vent (not as fluent as I would like but yeah... I can get others to understand what I mean xD)

Practice practice! b:pleased
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Warning : This thread will have some parts of it in a different language then what should be used in these forums. But, to follow the rules, I will provide a exact translation following what I typed in that foreing language.

It's to prove that in PWI, the "I" is for International and in PWE, "E" stands for Entertainement, and not for english, but I do follow the rules.

French part :

Bonjour, je parle francais et je trouve cela triste de voir certaines personnes se faire attaquer pour leur manque de syntaxe. Surtout quand ils font leur possible pour se faire comprendre sur un forum anglais. Si c'est votre cas, je m'offre a traduire pour vous de francais a anglais, ce que vous avez a dire. Et aussi , faire le contraire au besoin de vous transformer une reponse d'anglais a francais. Juste a m'envoyer un message prive, si c'est le cas. Merci.

English translation

Hi, I speak French and I find it sad to see some people beeing bashed on or attcked for their lack of proper syntax. Especially when they try their best to be understood in a English forum. If it's your case, I offer myself as traductor for you, for French to English, for what you have to say. And also, to do the opposite, if needed, to translate an answer you got from English back to French. Just send me a private message , if it's the case. Thank you.

I do not want anything for this, and I do hope it is a good idea. I just want more people to feel "at home" and I was once told that I had excellent grammar/syntax for someone not born in the USA. Even got suggested to go work at the state borders as I would do a better job then most that are posted there b:chuckle.

Anyway, have fun b:victory
    not to be a grammar ****, but it's "translator", not "traductor". (I know it translates funny, just giving you a heads up) and it's "born", not "borned" other than that, reads like a native wrote it :)

either way, I agree completely, people shouldn't be criticized for their lack of english fluency, the game spans MANY countries and should be treated accordingly.

I also applaud you for standing up and offering to help the general public
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's such a nice idea!

German is easy if you can pronounce/pernounce/prenounce consonants. b:chuckle
    English is my first language but i'm horrible at spelling... but I spell better than most of the people in the world.... seeming how I see people say Quite instead of Quiet

And german being my second... it was a lot easier to understand things there than French for me. Since you can easily relate words back to english.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Some people have a really hard time with learning languages. I myself didn't have a hard time with learning English (I'm Dutch) but a friend of mine did. He is great at maths though. ^^

I've had French and German for 3 years. About 3 hours a week. Still I can speak about 2 words French and a little bit of broken German.
    Education doesn't always mean you will be able to speak a language properly though it certainly helps b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Youre French is weird lol.
  • EffThis - Raging Tide
    EffThis - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Youre French is weird lol.

So is your English.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User