Server Switch!

U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
GMS! make a server switch stone or something. you will make tons of money by selling each for 200 gold or something b:victory

P/S: Just wanna switch server and move to Lost City cuz its fun ~_~
Post edited by U_Sasuke - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I support this, however, it does have its huge flaws.

You aren't the only one who would swap from a PvE server to PvP. Imagine how swamped LC server would be?

Plus TW factions would collapse on PvE servers in most cases as faction members made the jump to another server.

In fact, I suppose this idea even more now, I like chaos. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    aww yu wanne ditch us sasuke O= b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    yeeee ppl in sanctuary so boring =O i wanna move LC for 24/7 PVP fun b:dirty
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think it would be cool too :) We actually looked into having this functionality, but so far the technical limitations have been too much to overcome. It could change in the future though...
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think it would be cool too :) We actually looked into having this functionality, but so far the technical limitations have been too much to overcome. It could change in the future though...

Now I foresee 1/2 years worth of speculations over these 2 sentences.Also threads like"When when when",and"How how how",etc. etc.

Oh my b:shocked
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LC people would get so mad about this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yeeee ppl in sanctuary so boring =O i wanna move LC for 24/7 PVP fun b:dirty

lol...pvp fun? what's fun about a bunch of +10-12 sins who stalk you and double spark in stealth instant kill you? That's what pvp is reduced to now there, I log there less and less, pvp is so broken in this game now it's not even funny, but you go right ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011

w00t! it would be sooo awesome! i know on Malaysian server you can log onto any server and just start playing with your character. You don't have to make a new one for each server. The character you make once stays for every server to be used on.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Speak for yourself... I want to move to a west coast pve server... I lived on the east coast when I made this toon and I have moved a few times since then to be on the west coast now.... And I am getting to old for pvp... it just doesn't appeal to me anymore like it used to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    w00t! it would be sooo awesome! i know on Malaysian server you can log onto any server and just start playing with your character. You don't have to make a new one for each server. The character you make once stays for every server to be used on.

Sry for dble post... thats because they downgraded a couple years back to one server... it didn't used to be that way.... at least when I last logged on there the 2 servers had merged
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    oh. but yeh when there were 2 servers u could do that, log-on into any one and play without making new character
  • shopchalkk
    shopchalkk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i think you should great enough pvp servers to match PvE, and only provide server switchs when the server population is at a certain point.

for example lets say LC had 2000 people logging on 3 or more days a week and HT had 3000 [not real numbers] then you could allow 250-500 people to switch over.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    oh. but yeh when there were 2 servers u could do that, log-on into any one and play without making new character

Uhh nope... I had a 90 bm on one and a 52 on the other then the merger happened and I stopped looking at it... Jumped to pwi a few weeks later....was never able to flip flop servers... believe me I tried.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Server merge at least? There isn't enough PKers or TW people on RT! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Store_Guy - Archosaur
    Store_Guy - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Just curious Frankie to your comment. Is there anyway to use the technology used to do the PWIC. I mean in the terms when you did it here you were able to take chars from all servers and put them all together for the fights. Just curious if your able to take chars from all servers and put them in one arena. Theres gotta be away to pull the chars through the the servers. FTP and SSH plays a huge role in PWI as it is. All the servers are already connected to an extent. If pwi made a little space in your website that a player could upload a character. then you could use the same system as transferring zhen that would simply have the ability to send the char to a server from there. When you have zhen you can send it to any server from the website. Why not with a character. Plus doing it this way you still would have to send it to your own account, so no worries about it being used as a way to sell acounts. Just saying that there is always away when the servers are already connected to some extent.
  • BaseTheAcE - Sanctuary
    BaseTheAcE - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    GMS! make a server switch stone or something. you will make tons of money by selling each for 200 gold or something b:victory

P/S: Just wanna switch server and move to Lost City cuz its fun ~_~

I had same idea since release of European servers. I asked a couple of frinds if they would like to swtich there character to another server, most of them said Yes.

Many euro player's got the same problem....timezone's.... can't rly show up to events etc...
    IMO alot of people would even pay for the ability to move to another server. (I would lol)

So...GoGoGo... get us a Super...Mighty...Powerful...Whirling...Serverswitchstone and the community gonna be alot more happy.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    I had same idea since release of European servers. I asked a couple of frinds if they would like to swtich there character to another server, most of them said Yes.

Many euro player's got the same problem....timezone's.... can't rly show up to events etc...
    IMO alot of people would even pay for the ability to move to another server. (I would lol)

So...GoGoGo... get us a Super...Mighty...Powerful...Whirling...Serverswitchstone and the community gonna be alot more happy.

yeh they're probably gonna stop whining about many things, like gold price in AH currently b:chuckle
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There are already a few underpopulated servers at the moment, it wouldn't make much sense to do this until some servers are merged at least. Server population would get a bit hectic otherwise :3
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    yeh merging would be helpful
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All moved characters will be spawned right above harpy wraith's head.
    b:victory
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011

oO/5char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I support merging, only because its something new for the previous servers. New WC trolls, new QQers, new flamebaits, new friends, new enemies.

I like this. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And for you specifically, new territory wars to comment on each week. I have to admit it does sound interesting, other than the fact that I'll have more twitchy fish to fight.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • _Geogaddi - Archosaur
    _Geogaddi - Archosaur Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2011

What about merging servers? Archosaur is majorly under populated and the nearly impossible to have true competition in TW. Things are way too one ended - merge to Sanctuary or something IDK.. GET IT DONE!
    Winning b:pleased
  • Melora - Lost City
    Melora - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I love how Frankie says this is something difficult to accomplish. I'm somewhat tempted to show how incredibly easy it truly is to do using the officially leaked server files all private servers have been using since 2007. It really is (now anyway) as easy as a copy and paste from one server to the other (and can be automated) Heck even with some clever workarounds you can teleport in game from one server to another...
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I love how Frankie says this is something difficult to accomplish. I'm somewhat tempted to show how incredibly easy it truly is to do using the officially leaked server files all private servers have been using since 2007. It really is (now anyway) as easy as a copy and paste from one server to the other (and can be automated) Heck even with some clever workarounds you can teleport in game from one server to another...

shhh >.>

Frankie always gets awkwardly silent after being called out
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Something that would be as good as server merging or maybe even better would be a joined TW map.

I'd love to be able to fight against other servers as well as have a TW enemys/allys that switches in a heartbeat. The TW we have now is getting one sided and for each week its better more and more dull due to the population on my server at least. 2 factions battling it out for the last year with them shuffling in strength pushing each other forth and back. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Uhh nope... I had a 90 bm on one and a 52 on the other then the merger happened and I stopped looking at it... Jumped to pwi a few weeks later....was never able to flip flop servers... believe me I tried.

Correct. Oracle and delphi were two separate servers which merged into utopia.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragongod90
    dragongod90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    woooow!!! this should be super awesome and i think all the community should love it, pls make this possible soon.. pls pls pls pls pls pls xD
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    should be fun to play with new people! b:victory