vitstone vs jades

Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
i was wondering ppls thoughts on jades vs vit stones for end game. I understand caster dont get a whole lot outta vit, but i was wondering which would be better for...

archers vit (130 per x4 on a armour) 520 vs 8 to def lvl
bm vit 600 vs 8 to def lvl
barb 800 vs 8 to def lvl

for these three classes which would be better???? I do know that u get a little to defences when you add vit, but is using jades better than getting hp and a little def?
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Personally for any class I would think that the jades are better. Get the hp boost through refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's not really a matter of what stones are best for what class, it's really a matter of what stones are just better. JoSD reduces the damge you take, Vit lets you take more total damage and gives you slightly more phys/mag def (but such a small amount that fully sharded with Vit stones barely reaches the reduction of 1 or 2 JoSD)

Easiest and most effective way to get more HP is to refine your gear.

Easiest and most effective way to reduce damage taken(besides not being hit b:chuckle) shard JoSD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For barbs I'd definitely go for vit stones, stronger arma and %HP buffs makes for a pretty insane HP pool.

For BMs and archers it's more an issue of personal preference, but I'd personally go 50/50 on vit stones and jades since def levels give diminishing returns as they get higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Might I recommend the PWI Socket Calculator? It's handy for all of your sharding simulation needs. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You can't answer your question without more info on each class' gear. Getting +800 vit on 5k hp is not the same effect as on 10k hp. Same goes for the jades, adding an extra jade to already 30something def lvl or to 0 def lvl to start.

To keep it simple, with highly refined gear (like +10), your hp will be very high already and JoSD will be better.

However, 2 things :
    - JoSD is higher grade, so won't always go in all armor parts. Then vit stone is the best option. Thinking mainly of 5 aps bm or rank8 parts on archer, that is forced to use some grade 12 armor (unless double armor set ofc).
    - Barbs have arma. Hp become also an attack factor.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    . JoSD reduces the damge you take, Vit lets you take more total damage and gives you slightly more phys/mag def (but such a small amount that fully sharded with Vit stones barely reaches the reduction of 1 or 2 JoSD)

Might better explain that some hits are made regardless of defense which is the major difference. That said though; you can get sufficient HP 99.99+% of occasions through refining.
    Easiest and most effective way to get more HP is to refine your gear.

Some would say to stat vit, but I think only Barb should do that.