Unfinishable quest ?

Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
My gf lvl 101 got as quest "the circle"

After a few errants they send her to kill Waning Moon.

Problem is :

Waning Moon - Level 112

fb109 Heaven
(436 556)

Forgot to take that out ?
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, i'm stuck at that same point on that quest.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    According to PWDB, Waning Moon exists in Warsong City (though the map on PWDB says "City of Naught" for some reason).

I haven't verified that though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    According to PWDB, Waning Moon exists in Warsong City (though the map on PWDB says "City of Naught" for some reason).

I haven't verified that though.
    because it's the original instance name. Warsong was out rendition of that instance. just as nirvana is hall of blasphemy
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    the map on PWDB says "City of Naught" for some reason
    Wouldn't that have been the name of one of the fb109 instances? Y'know, the ones that the new devs "borrowed" to make Warsong and Nirvana? >_>

(the other one is the "Hall of Blasphemy")

EDIT: Damnit ninja'd. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=602252&page=2
    This is waning moon http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/9914
    A level 112 boss with 1,326,250 life that drops various level 99 skill books and is required for the quest "The Circle"

This is the water boss of Warsong http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/24565
    A level 150 boss with 2,408,754 life that drops warsong emblems and warsong medals. The stats on waning moon weren't changed, he along with everything else in the old fb109 was discarded and replaced with a totally different mob with a different ID.

Your only chance to complete "The Circle" is if a GM spawns the boss for you since it no longer exists in the game.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    EDIT: Damnit ninja'd. >_>

bout time I managed to ninja someone :P

and I might add they're both (109s) amazing dungeons, we really miss out here..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    get used to unfinishable quests for the high lvls theres quite a few of them

as far as this one goes i have the same one but ya cant do it because Warsong was originally fb109 but they revamped it for our version and that boss isnt ingame yet, maybe one of these days they might try to do something for the high lvl players in this game to finish these quests but i dont think id hold my breath, I've had this quest in my list for 2 1/2 years or so since they brought warsong into the game :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They really should add more end game content. Pretty much all of the content that has been released since the expansion with the world bosses has been geared towards lower levels and/or new players.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Storm_Tide - Harshlands
    Storm_Tide - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They really should add more end game content. Pretty much all of the content that has been released since the expansion with the world bosses has been geared towards lower levels and/or new players that cash shop like crazy to get to the high levels. b:spit

Which would be why all the recent content has been aimed at low levels. b:surrender
    What's the point of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people? b:sin
  • J_Dewey - Sanctuary
    J_Dewey - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I am making this post at the behest of Customer Support. I filed a ticket with them so that, perhaps, this might be cleared up. By posting this note, my intention is to link it for Customer Support that they might review other players experience of the same issue. I am linking it at the behest of customer service.

Like others, I received the quest at level 101 and got to the step where I must kill Waning Moon to retrieve the "Mark of Ashura." I read the discussion of said quest in the "Quest Tips" forum and did pass along the information gleaned there to Customer Service in a Gameplay/ Bug Report Ticket. It is my understanding that the quest cannot be completed because FB 109 was not implemented within PWI. Instead FB 109 was made into Nirvana and Warsong. I have also learned that, perhaps, one may go to Warsong, to kill Waning Moon, but this will not complete the quest.

As others have posted both in "Quest Tips" and here in "General Discussion" the quest called "Circle" cannot be completed. The steps are given out one at a time so it is not possible to skip a step. I do beseech and humbly beg that, perhaps, Customer Service and Technical Support *work together* to resolve this issue.

Finally, if other players beside myself know better in this matter, then I would ask my fellow players to post here for the benefit of the PWI community.

Sincerely and with Best Regards,

J_Dewey
  • NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver
    NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Has anyone tried to trash this quest to get it off of their working quest list? I am wondering if I can get it back if I do. I could use the room and don't want it on my list for years as has already happened to Barber. This is yet another frustration b:surrender
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    oO ppl still doing quests? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Maybe, but then you have to consider this thread is 4 months old b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.