+11 +12 orbs conflict of reasons

DATALEC - Dreamweaver
DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Posted by frankie about emergency server maintenace:

Patch Notes Version 564
Released September 15, 2011

Client Instability
We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.

Posted by frankie on An open honest letter to Frankie:
There were no revenue issues - the sale itself was doing fine. The directive to remove them came from China, as they had located a possible client-side issue with selling the Mirage and Flame in the Boutique. We were directed to pull them from the shop immediately, which is why we had to have the emergency maintenance.

SO post 1 sounds like people in pwi was submitting ticked about game crashes after buy the orbs which made the game crash
Post 2 say china told them to remove them as china had found possible client-side issues
and they made them pull the sale.

So by ""client-side issue"" they mean people would buy 2 +12 for 180 and sell them later for 600m or buy 3 +11 and sell them later for 720m thus reducing the need for people to put money on the game.
or
People would spend there coin they made so far during x2 and refine to +12 then have no need to spend money anymore either way you think of it the two posts by frankie seem to be at odds with each other.
I dont mind them in or out of the boutique but the fact is this was a sale and the people who charge or had lots of coin saved up bought the orbs and now making alot of coin from selling them where as the people that thought "im gona farm like crazy and buy some before the sale ends" now dont have the chance too so who wins the cash shopper who lost the farmers.
I do wish like most people on other post have said PWI should just tell people the truth and stop the BS
Post edited by DATALEC - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1st post : we found out during maint that orbs were the prob

2nd post : we knew before we annouced maint, and we said nothing to our players

b:victory
  • Spitball_ - Dreamweaver
    Spitball_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am a merchant and within the first 2 hours of Sell I +12 my daggers So. I WIN b:victory
    YOU SIR HAVE FAILED
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Stocks for Perfect World went down by 19% in one day. Pwi lost $42.6 million in one day.

A lot of people figured that those orbs being in game meant the end of it.
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i wanted 6 of each -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Questions I would like to hear an answer to:

Was the problem with the actual orb item, or the process in which players bought the orb from the boutique in the game, or the coding of the sale itself?

Will a sale like this ever come back?

What is this "client-side problem" exactly and what did it do if it did happen, just a client crash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Questions I would like to hear an answer to:

Was the problem with the actual orb item, or the process in which players bought the orb from the boutique in the game, or the coding of the sale itself?

Will a sale like this ever come back?

What is this "client-side problem" exactly and what did it do if it did happen, just a client crash?

Frankie said in another post that China had found the glitch and not the actual pwe staff. I do not see how it can happen though. I do think it has something to do with PWI losing $42 million in stock though in 24 hours cause of the sale. b:chuckle
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you all mean this stock ?

Link to PW Stock

sale here start at 14, stock went dramatical down at 15-16.
    but i dont know much about this, just want to know if i follow u all on the right way.
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Posted by frankie about emergency server maintenace:

Patch Notes Version 564
    Released September 15, 2011

Client Instability
    We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.

Posted by frankie on An open honest letter to Frankie:
    There were no revenue issues - the sale itself was doing fine. The directive to remove them came from China, as they had located a possible client-side issue with selling the Mirage and Flame in the Boutique. We were directed to pull them from the shop immediately, which is why we had to have the emergency maintenance.

SO post 1 sounds like people in pwi was submitting ticked about game crashes after buy the orbs which made the game crash
    Post 2 say china told them to remove them as china had found possible client-side issues
    and they made them pull the sale.
    Sounds to me like they got reports of instability from users, sent the crash info to China, China got back to them with the explanation and told them to remove the orbs, so that's what they did. No conflict or contradiction there.
    Frankie said in another post that China had found the glitch and not the actual pwe staff. I do not see how it can happen though. I do think it has something to do with PWI losing $42 million in stock though in 24 hours cause of the sale. b:chuckle
    No, the stock dropping has nothing to do with the sale. That is a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. In other words, just because Event A happens then Event B happens, does not mean that Event A caused Event B. The real reason was stated in kriegerseele's link (note that the graph shown there is somewhat misleading since it currently starts at 13, instead of 0), which explains that the ~7% drop in stock prices was due to the release of PWE's Q3 revenue report, which showed a ~7% drop in revenue since the previous quarter.

I don't know why some people are weaving such elaborate conspiracies around a mere ~7% stock price drop, but those are the facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Marlenee - Sanctuary
    Marlenee - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dorbs Mirage +11 and Flame +12 were took out of sales , its not becuase of crashs or bull**** .

2nd there is noway they loose 42mil $ ... they don't get that in 1 month .

PWI isn't Stupid to put something in sale and take out that fast , cause they were Mistaken ?
    No they not mistaken in any step they do . everything is planned for since long.

its cause they were testing what will happen .

they know how many of those orbs they sold in the 24 hours .
    the main reason stays for them , and their plans .

maybe maybe it was made ..to give us those items . cause of our need to more of them.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Removing pack will create server instability, that's why pack will never completely removed.

Just as planned ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...