Knockback Skills VS Sins in PvP

Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
If all knockback skills were made to work in PvP activities, would they serve as an adequate defense against Assassins? Assume for the sake of discussion that genie knockback skills such as Earthquake would also be made to work in PvP.

Discuss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by Falcondance - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hmm but most endgame sins can drop all health before stealth+headhunt stun runs out espacially archer and mystic. And I'm pretty sure that you still can't use attack genie skills while stunned. And most peoples reaction to a sin popping out and using headhunt is to click on Absolute Domain... And if you do survive, sin still has shadow jump. But don't listen to me, I haven't played in ages.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The real problem is that it also would give barbs and BMs a new obstacle to deal with; one they don't deserve.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Very easy solution: Make knockbacks only work against Sins.

Problem solved.

And also one more thing that pansy BM's will stop QQing about.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Knockbacks would help some vs sin but they can counter it with 2 teles pretty easily. It would only work 50% of the time due to tidal anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Knockbacks would help some vs sin but they can counter it with 2 teles pretty easily. It would only work 50% of the time due to tidal anyway.

Make the knocback mechanics not work as a debuff (so tidal protection won't doge it) and just a move that works 100% of the time. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BMs/Barbs wouldn't stand a chance against me. I can already kite them to kingdom come, but enabling knockbacks against them would be a cruel joke.

Ofc only making it work on sins would be nice, but it also raises the question if it's even possible for that to be done.
    Or if the devs would be willing to do it...
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think Rank 9 damage should be halved on Sins 'cause the 33% chance I have to dodge damage with Sage Focused Mind isn't enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3