Channeling Q.

2»

Comments

• BizHerc - Heavens Tear
    BizHerc - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    over 90% is possilbe to acheive, it just isn't very smart as the cost is rediculous to get the -9,-12 or-18 ornaments/other gearn, unless you are the one that makes the pieces you need to get such high channeling. And remember, there is always cast time also, so its never going to be like, facemash - 10 skills all going off at once.

And you will be gimping yourself if some other part of your build. Most likely your pdef will be lacking affecting your survivability, or your attack power will be gimped due to a sucky crit%. To get the most out of a caster, you need a balance of power/speed/survivability. Can't cast that skill when your HP bar reads 0.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    over 90% is possilbe to acheive, it just isn't very smart as the cost is rediculous to get the -9,-12 or-18 ornaments/other gearn, unless you are the one that makes the pieces you need to get such high channeling. And remember, there is always cast time also, so its never going to be like, facemash - 10 skills all going off at once.

And you will be gimping yourself if some other part of your build. Most likely your pdef will be lacking affecting your survivability, or your attack power will be gimped due to a sucky crit%. To get the most out of a caster, you need a balance of power/speed/survivability. Can't cast that skill when your HP bar reads 0.

You're wrong. They(devs) made it IMPOSSIBLE to get over 90% channel. It resets back to 90% if you manage to get enough channel to go higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Jasrina - Heavens Tear
    Jasrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Checked using Eye of Observation.

-67% base

-92% with Demonspark

-97% with Demon Rapid Growth

-90% with Demonspark and Demon Rapid Growth
  • Jolin - Dreamweaver
    Jolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    so according to jasrina's test you can go over 90% but once you go over 99 it goes back to 90, haha i guess the best would be 99% then.
    casters still have casting time i think, still quite a significant factor when you consider caster's dps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    so according to jasrina's test you can go over 90% but once you go over 99 it goes back to 90, haha i guess the best would be 99% then.
    casters still have casting time i think, still quite a significant factor when you consider caster's dps

I thought I read somewhere that you can't go over 90 :O

Wizzy forums ftl :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • Jasrina - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    More tests:

-69% base

-99% with Demon Rapid Growth

-70% base

-90% with Demon Rapid Growth

This confirms that -99% is the cap. Anything higher than -99% will reset to -90%
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    More tests:

-69% base

-70% base

This confirms that -99% is the cap. Anything higher than -99% will reset to -90%

is -99 instant?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If you have a friend with a Jungle Ruins belt your true -channeling is viewable in your player stats.

It is mislabeled as "Mag. Save".

OH that's what Magic Saves is 8D

Don't skills start breaking at around -45? Why would you want to go into territory where the skill you click fails to cast >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tjrsherman
    tjrsherman Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I have -105% chnl without Demon Spark, and i barely see the chnl bar, if not none at all. And zooming powder, supposedly instant cast, is the most at -90% chnl from what i see. The bar still charges for quite a long while compared to -105% chnl.

For nature's vengeance (1second spell), spell is really instant with no charging bar at -105.
    For absorb soul (5second spell), spell has a charging bar of 0.1 second or so.

Using zooming thunder powder, absorb soul has a 0.5-1 second cast time.
  • Jasrina - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Just to make certain it wasn't the Eye of Observation that was bugged, I stared at the channel bar.

base -67 + Demonspark + Rapid Growth (should be -122% channel)

was slower than

base -67 + Rapid Growth (-97% channel)

It was very noticeable.

Tested using the 5.0 second Channel spell: Absorb Soul
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The over 90% statistic comes from the Sutra+Town portal combo.

When you cast Sutra + town portal there is still a channelling bar that lasts for about 1 second.(1 sec channel must mean 90% channelling). This is different from cast time, because casting time shows the channelling bar full. Cast time is just the animation, not the channelling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The over 90% statistic comes from the Sutra+Town portal combo.

When you cast Sutra + town portal there is still a channelling bar that lasts for about 1 second.(1 sec channel must mean 90% channelling). This is different from cast time, because casting time shows the channelling bar full. Cast time is just the animation, not the channelling.

I believe that's actually due to wizzie's sutra skill being affected by the cap itself. By casting -100% channel it resets it down to -90% channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BizHerc - Heavens Tear
    BizHerc - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    tjrsherman wrote: »
    I have -105% chnl without Demon Spark, and i barely see the chnl bar, if not none at all. And zooming powder, supposedly instant cast, is the most at -90% chnl from what i see. The bar still charges for quite a long while compared to -105% chnl. .

pwcalc your gears or im not buying it.

And i think what most people are saying, is that while the game shows you being over 90% chan, it still brings the actual speed of the spell channeling down to 90%. Correct me if im wrong.
  • Jasrina - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    If at any point you reach or exceed -100% Channel, the Eye of Observation shows you at -90% Channel.

I have also confirmed the channel bar does fill slower once you go past -99%.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For those that say cast time screws it up, yeah cast time is an issue and will never be like APS (just pointing the QQer, -99% channel would still cast only 1 skill per second, and not 5... so shut up if you don't know what you're complaining about ^ -^)

Anyway, yeah appart of that rant, then my friend was right, after 99% it messes up :p and for those that claim it screws up your defense and crit... i have 10% crit XD more than high for a cleric with no real dex added in rofl.

99% is more than doable and is sexy to just pew the skills in 1 sec instead of 2 or 3 :] no? you would simply cast the skills faster, still slower than aps but faster than most casters - will do wonders in pvp - one of the rules on cleric pvp, do not get stunned first b:chuckle - town portal in 1 second instead of 10~ :D and revive in 1 second on a o-shi moment is also awesome, I simply love it in nirvana ^^ (with my 80% takes like 2 secs to cast or w/e)
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't think cast time is an issue...

the fact that you use all your skill and there all in cool down from the to fast casting is the real problem.

Also a question came in my mind the other day, while killing demon lantern in the tomb for my new veno, A lv 101 cleric can 1 shot a mob but the mob still has time to reach and cast a skill.

Now is that faster then 100% channel has the mob predicted your attack and already send a ball of pain your way just before the spell channel finish ...

What about those archer that when they die they can still trow an arrow and not miss.

Or even better, while you grind on mob, you kill a few, pick up the loot and a sin pop out, But to your amazement, your skill get interrupted from the dead mob damage... 10 sec after oO

5 aps, 99% channel OFC !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Also a question came in my mind the other day, while killing demon lantern in the tomb for my new veno, A lv 101 cleric can 1 shot a mob but the mob still has time to reach and cast a skill.

If he was using great cyclone, that's normal, that skill aggroes the mob before it actually hits it.
  • tjrsherman
    tjrsherman Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    pwcalc your gears or im not buying it.

And i think what most people are saying, is that while the game shows you being over 90% chan, it still brings the actual speed of the spell channeling down to 90%. Correct me if im wrong.

RB (-20) + Rapid Growth (-20) + Gb buff lvl 5 aura stone (-10) alone gives -50 stackable chnl
  • meowmofo
    meowmofo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I know someone who has JUST under 100% channeling, with spark, think he is off by 6% or something, so yes it is higher then 74%b:pleased
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    More tests:

-69% base

-70% base

Good work. Who would have thought adding more channeling slows you down heh. This and the existance of 5.0 confirm that the devs are idiots (as if there was still doubt of that lol).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Fixed.

ROFLMAO b:laugh
    that was great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]