Auto-Heal macros

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
(Warning: I am not a good cleric, and I do not pretend to be. On the bright side, I don't join random squads on my cleric, so I don't subject others to my mediocrity.)

I was wondering what auto-heal macros people used? I multi-client and self-duo TT / FF, so I often use auto-heal macros on myself.

Currently, I have:

- Basic: Repeat -> Wellspring Surge -> Ironheart
- AoE: Repeat -> Chromatic Healing Beam -> Wellspring Surge -> Ironheart

Questions:

- Should I use Stream of Rejuvenation in a macro? If so, how? Make a new one? Add to an existing one? Replace Wellspring Surge?
- Is there an auto-heal macro that is more effective than Regeneration Aura?

Relevant info:

- My cleric is level 84, and will be using Silverrain at level 85.
- 1 Vit per level. I am not adverse to restatting. If I choose to do that, then it will probably happen at level 90 when I can wear R5/R6 gear.- My archer is R8/5.0 with 6.8k HP. I am unable to tank Wurlord on my archer in TT2-2 and TT2-3 (I can do it on TT2-1). Hopefully this will change when I reach 85 on my cleric.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Walk Behind Enemy -> s.Vanguard Spirit -> s.Spirit's Gift -> s.Ironheart -> s.Spirit's Gift

-Keeps my Assassin live on Blackhole Devourer, and Wurlord w/o using MP.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Those are definitely a good start.

When I dual boxed my cleric/sin or cleric/veno, most often I'd use the IH/Wellspring combo. If this is close, but not quite cutting it, try double (and triple when you get it) sparking occasionally and then retriggering your macro. It requires a little more flipping back and forth, but you get a boost in healing power and you'll end up spending less on pots.

For the AOE heal, I ended up changing mine to be:

Repeat > IH > Wellspring > IH > Wellspring > IH > Chromatic

More often than not, the AOEs weren't firing often enough to need to use Chromatic as every 3rd heal and the extra IH's kept my tanking char's HP stable during the long channel of Chromatic. Also, if you end up getting more -channel on some of your gear (sleeves/chest/weapon/rings - ornaments will be dependent upon the type of damage you're taking), you may end up needing those extra single target heals to keep the macro from breaking. I also like Chromatic closer to the end because pumping IH earlier gets the stack going and covers me during that first channel for Chromatic. Granted, this is only applicable during initiation.

For Wurlord, I had the best results with BB. Even with Sage Spark, the difference the damage reduction makes is huge. I found this fight was easiest if I could get Wurlord close enough to my cleric to be in range of genie skills such as Earthquake (Lightning Chaser is a good backup since this positioning can be difficult.) It's a little difficult to get the timing down, but I tried to use an interrupt skill on the boss from my cleric (usually while popping an MP pot). When my cleric was at lower levels and had lesser gear, this made the difference between me being able to solo and not being able to solo.

Now, the Cleric in me cringes a little at this one, but there were sometimes where the following macro helped as well:

Repeat > [Dimensional or Elemental] Seal > Purify [optional] > Wield Thunder > Cyclone > Chromatic

This was mainly used when either my sin or veno was tanking but only needed an occasional heal. If you can survive with just a little bit of Chromatic here and there, the Debuff/DD from the Cleric really speeds things up. I hate healing a solo target with Chromatic, but not needing to target the tank does make things go much smoother when you're running multiple characters at once. Although I'd never use this combination if my main focus was on my Cleric.

As far as SoR goes, it's a good heal and is sometimes the best heal, but it doesn't really macro well. I can see putting it in a macro if you have the demon version and want the p.def boost, but in my experience, it just slows down the other heals. In my experience, the Wellspring in the IH/Wellspring macro is essentially the glue that keeps the macro going. Yes, it does add a nice burst heal, but 9 times out of 10, it hasn't proven to be any more effective than weighting down your IH key on another machine. With it's longer channel/cast time, SoR just seems to delay your IHs even more than Wellspring. It's a great skill, for sure, I just don't see it as useful in a continuous routine.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    At the risk of sounding repetitive:

Your first question-
    SoR only really benefits from a macro if you have the demon book (99 skill). Otherwise, I wouldn't include it.

Your second question-
    BB heals 20% of base mattk + 300 every 5 seconds (15 m) and costs 500 mp every 5 secs. The only other AOE heal we get is CHB, which heals 20% of base mattk + 1070 (20 m) and costs 970 mp every 7.5 secs (takes 4.5 sec to channel + cast and then 3 secs to cooldown). However, the lower augment to BB is mitigated significantly by the damage reduction. For all intents and purposes, CHB (+IH/WS) spam is far more mp-intensive (100 mp/s vs 129 mp/s, forgive the oversimplification, but I did it purely for comparison purposes), and potentially not as beneficial, as BB. (This is all assuming sparks are not an issue for the cleric.)

Your aoe heal macro is efficient, though I'd space out CHB a little more, as Mauntille pointed out.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    - The AoE heal macro works for the Dragoon boss in FF (non-glitch). I actually don't use it elsewhere, at the moment. I'll experiment with it.

- When asking about BB vs. other macros, I must apologize for not being clear. I meant BB as a heal vs. a macro on one target: myself. But it seems like the answer is that BB is more effective.