Need opinion, is it me or ?

Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I have a level 84 cleric.

Maxed pury/buffs/heals/rez.

Never had a barb die under my hands at Nob/Pole in bh69..yet..

Today, lvl 88 Barb tanks, 10150 hp buffed in tiger. I can't heal him fast enough against Nob (not even Pole) and I wasn't lagging or anything. He died..twice. I'm still able to prevent squad wipe and rezzing everyone in time to get the kill.

I take a sec check his gear..lvl 60 chest piece, poor boots, lvl 70 reward legs, all with no shards whatsoever.

We try Pole. He dies and I get yelled at "No pury ?"

Well look, i'm no rocket science professor,

I know when to heal/pury, never had deaths vs Pole before. But this barb wasn't healing himself AT ALL. Wasn't charmed, wasn't using crab meats nor pots or any kind of genie healing, wasn't invoking and wasn't even cancelling Pole's moves.

When he got cursed, i hit pury right off but the time it "landed" he got hit and lost MORE THEN 1/2 HIS HP in one shot.

So tell me..

Am I the fail cleric that should just delete my char and not play a healing class no more.

Or was he one of the failest barbs I ever saw ?
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If you were purifying as quickly as you could, there's not much else you can do. If he's gonna have bad gear and such low HP, he'd better be prepared to pot/ToP when needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have a feeling your lieing in your story somewhere. for the barb to have 10k hp at that level he would have to have shards/refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    IMO, you answered your own question. Barb is wearing some gear thats 20 levels below him, unsharded (and presumably unrefined?), and looks like he didn't know what his skills do : does he not have Alacrity?
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have a feeling your lieing in your story somewhere. for the barb to have 10k hp at that level he would have to have shards/refines.

http://pwcalc.com/c064939dd5de8788

Not even slightly.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Ya , I always pury ASAP.

Don't feel like running the whole PW calc thing to show you my cleric's build but here's big lines..

-9% channeling

51 vit, 50 str, 380 magic, 20 dex, 3 212 hp, and with just own buffs 1 497 phys def, 9 009 in rest, Hp and MP charmed.

Every support skills maxed , WoP learned , few attack skills still not maxed (Tempest, wield thunder and siren kiss)

@Escorian : Didn't check refines nor wep, so he could be a massive vit build with just enough str for tt60/70 axes or calamities.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

now change some of the vit to str since your over 80 points off. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited July 2011

zomg. And then I add some gear, which includes a heavy helm( HP!), cape etc, all of which might or might not have some pathetic sharding and refining.

Let me go cook my pot noodle il give you everythign he just stated with that HP, or close as damn to it.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011

How's this? Consists entirely of lvl 50-70 quest rewards, no shards, no refines and the built is a standard vita barb build. Well, there is a TT60 axe.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    How's this? Consists entirely of lvl 50-70 quest rewards, no shards, no refines and the built is a standard vita barb build. Well, there is a TT60 axe.

Pretty similar to what I was gonna do. No tome, 70 TTaxe and a couple of G6 HP shards in helm and cape tho.

EDIT :

To OP, **** gear and didnt know how to play. Sucks, but sometimes you just have the luck to get these players. Better luck next squad :)
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011

That does make sense except he had that blueish lvl 60 NPC HA chest piece, not even the reward one. b:surrender
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Personally, (and I know a barb on Sanc geared like that), he had no business tanking Pole. He doesn't have the def to withstand the debuff long enough. HP or no, if your base def sucks, when Pole debuffs you, you're going to get hit like a freight train.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

thats not a standard vit barb build that isnt enough str to hold tt 80 axes let alone he is almost 90 so he would need str near the tt 90 axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    My cleric's build is u must judge it. But i think with that, u can see I don't lie when I say I can usually keep barbs alive just fine.

http://pwcalc.com/1a0809bbb62033b7
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    thats not a standard vit barb build that isnt enough str to hold tt 80 axes let alone he is almost 90 so he would need str near the tt 90 axes.

http://pwcalc.com/89e25ebefabd6d27

With points to spare easily.

We done here?
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    truekossy wrote: »

We done here?

^lol

Even with the same poor armours from the other pwcalc, i still managed to get 10k hp

http://pwcalc.com/34c505910da9cfa2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    truekossy wrote: »

We done here?

Nope cause i am having too much fun xD b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    WTF is going on here? A 7x barb tanked pole for my FB69. People are just this bad these days...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I started tanking fb69's on my barb at level 65 with a level 65 cleric b:victory - as Quil said, some people are just plain bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A barb that level in gear at least 20 levels below his own? I smell a hyper baby who doesn't wanna spend until he's ready for rank gear...

I'm sure your cleric'ing was just fine.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Barbs just ain't what they used to be b:surrender
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    A barb that level in gear at least 20 levels below his own? I smell a hyper baby who doesn't wanna spend until he's ready for rank gear...

I'm sure your cleric'ing was just fine.

Those 70 pants are from doing Guarnob and Pole. The quest for which you need to do 202020 Wraithgate. (They are the only Lv70 Quest reward HA pants). Im thinking less hyper baby (Why do that horrific BH and 202020? I dont, didnt (much) and never will again) and more just someone who isnt very good at the game :/
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Look here OP dude, there are badly geared players everywhere - all my alts for example b:chuckle

and my mains actually - dang - BUT ANYWAY

It took me into the 80's to stop feeling guilty or upset when people die. I try, die myself on occasion when trying to save too many squad members doing silly things, but generally when someone dies that quick, you know somethings wrong. When Im in a squad of lower levels and the tank loses aggro to a sin, sorry sin but I dont even change my heals to you, you'll die too quick and Ill spam IH the tank so Ill have time to res you when the tank gets aggro back, thats the best I can do.

Luckily I havent found too many barbs like the one you described, and most likely that person will have learnt something and go improve their gear.

Sounds like you're a good cleric and the game needs more of us, so stick with it.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Stop making these threads.

What is with clerics asking for all this attention and support on forums.

I never see barbs making these threads even though I see 'fail barb' a lot more than 'fail cleric' (and it usually comes from the cleric)

Yes, people are bad in squads, and will call you bad. **** happens, and that's unfortunate but if you can't take something like "Uninstall, gtfo and dont tank again" then you dont belong on the internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have a level 84 cleric.

Maxed pury/buffs/heals/rez.

Never had a barb die under my hands at Nob/Pole in bh69..yet..

Today, lvl 88 Barb tanks, 10150 hp buffed in tiger. I can't heal him fast enough against Nob (not even Pole) and I wasn't lagging or anything. He died..twice. I'm still able to prevent squad wipe and rezzing everyone in time to get the kill.

I take a sec check his gear..lvl 60 chest piece, poor boots, lvl 70 reward legs, all with no shards whatsoever.

We try Pole. He dies and I get yelled at "No pury ?"

Well look, i'm no rocket science professor,

I know when to heal/pury, never had deaths vs Pole before. But this barb wasn't healing himself AT ALL. Wasn't charmed, wasn't using crab meats nor pots or any kind of genie healing, wasn't invoking and wasn't even cancelling Pole's moves.

When he got cursed, i hit pury right off but the time it "landed" he got hit and lost MORE THEN 1/2 HIS HP in one shot.

So tell me..

Am I the fail cleric that should just delete my char and not play a healing class no more.

Or was he one of the failest barbs I ever saw ?
    I really have never experienced this.

When I did my cleric I got down the timing of their spell channels every 7-8 seconds. The very second I see them start to channel a spell I hit purify, and it hits puri the instant the debuff goes on them. If the boss AOE's, I throw a chromatic heal, IH a couple times, then stand and watch the boss, and puri when they channel again. If the boss doesn't AOE the very second I puri I start stacking with IH until I've counted in my head about 5 seconds then I stand and wait for the boss to start channeling their spell.

I mean, this works for sins and crappily geared BM's with 3-4K HP, and surely less defences than a barb. My guess is maybe you're lagging? I dunno. Keeping people purified though shouldn't be a difficult task.

Hell, I've done it on my mystic using sage break in the clouds and aegis/martyrdom, and their purify is random on break.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011

When I did my cleric I got down the timing of their spell channels every 7-8 seconds. The very second I see them start to channel a spell I hit purify, and it hits puri the instant the debuff goes on them. If the boss AOE's, I throw a chromatic heal, IH a couple times, then stand and watch the boss, and puri when they channel again. If the boss doesn't AOE the very second I puri I start stacking with IH until I've counted in my head about 5 seconds then I stand and wait for the boss to start channeling their spell.

That, is a good point and one I see positive for me. I usually heal "tanks" or whoever takes agro (I try to adapt if I judge not deadly to lay off my main healing target)

I do admit that it's a very nice idea to "pre-cast" pury at 1st sign of casting. I usually have good reflexes, with Ih on "1", Wellspring on "2" and Pury on "3". So against bosses like that, I usually go , 1 , 2 all the way with occasional squad heal if needed. If we take Pole as exemple, I was timing myself with the "axe drop" to jam on 3 to cast pury, but of course, ir does have a cast time and if I am already throwing a IH, i have to cancel it.

A lot of times I just stress on healing and throw heals even if people are full (Like throwing a few Ih's even on a full char to prevent next damage loss). It's as if I always tell myself "squad rests on your shoulder, u'll be first to blame if someone drops"

I will just stress a bit less and adapt same tactic I do on barb with alacarity and/or earthquake to cancel casting. Talking about Pole, he usually casts, then hits 4 times and casts again, well I will learn to stop casting and have finger hovering the "pury" button at his 4th hit. And will do like u say, "pre-cast it as he casts" If he curses, good, it will cure. if he aoe's, i'll just squad heal and repeat.

You sir, didn't tell me I was a fail cleric, you just opened my eyes that I could be a better one b:thanks

And yeah "fail barbs" exists, as "fails" of any classes do. I just didn't want to think I was a fail myself for squading with one..

Had enough flaming/bad commentary and good suggestions/points..You can leave this thread alone now. Ty to those who actually tried to see it was possible and encouraged and/or helped. To others..well..everyone has their right of opinion..

b:bye

/thread
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How short people's memories are. Not all THAT long ago, we'd want two clerics at that level to be safe at pole, and praise the barb as a hotshot if they could do it with only one.

So in short- yes, the barb was kinda low geared - but not massively unacceptably for their level - and as a not-massively-overlevelled cleric I'd be surprised if you could keep him alive solo.

Missing the cancels and not popping potions is less acceptable, though.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i have sweat and bitter memories tanking pole and noob
    there is when u truly learn to play barb and cleric b:chuckle

from what u are doing u are better than most random clerics i have met
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ya , I always pury ASAP.

Don't feel like running the whole PW calc thing to show you my cleric's build but here's big lines..

-9% channeling

51 vit, 50 str, 380 magic, 20 dex, 3 212 hp, and with just own buffs 1 497 phys def, 9 009 in rest, Hp and MP charmed.

Every support skills maxed , WoP learned , few attack skills still not maxed (Tempest, wield thunder and siren kiss)

@Escorian : Didn't check refines nor wep, so he could be a massive vit build with just enough str for tt60/70 axes or calamities.

Barb had fail gear though, so it doesn't really matter how good your were healing. HE just doesn't have the defense to be tanking it. Also, lose the dex when you get a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    just go on your way and next time you see him : Target him, chromatic seal, elemental seal, and tempest 1 shot him to SZ.

Then continue to butterfly gathering and plant picking like all the other elf do !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    just go on your way and next time you see him : Target him, chromatic seal, elemental seal, and tempest 1 shot him to SZ.

Then continue to butterfly gathering and plant picking like all the other elf do !

Aww..I am on a PvE server..

I used to play another PvP oriented game but I was told here that to be competitive would require mass amount of cash.

Do not worry though, I sometimes wished very much to be able to pk the one coming to steal a herb/mat right under my face while im distracting a mob near it b:chuckle