skills: focus vs tidal

Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Assassin
i was wondering if someone could explain tidal protection and focused mind.

what exactly do each skill help u agianist?
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Focused Mind: Any damage you take from spells or physical attacks will have a chance to be reduced to 1. Does not effect DoTs.

Tidal Protection: Any debuff or DoT will have a chance of missing you. That is, you won't get debuffed or DoT'd.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • IiMagik - Raging Tide
    IiMagik - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Focused Mind: Any damage you take from spells or physical attacks will have a chance to be reduced to 1. Does not effect DoTs.

Tidal Protection: Any debuff or DoT will have a chance of missing you. That is, you won't get debuffed or DoT'd.

What he said. Also you can combine them both into 1 buff I think it was a demon focus mind that did that, not sure.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What he said. Also you can combine them both into 1 buff I think it was a demon focus mind that did that, not sure.

Demon Focused Mind gives you the regular Focused Mind plus a percentage to avoid negative statuses. Demon Tidal gives you the regular Tidal Protection and a chance to evade damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Demon Focused Mind is godlyb:dirty
    I was Demon Tidal next >,.,<
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Tidal protection can evade seals, debufs, and even PURGE

Use tidal against bosses that debuf and stuf (like polearm. Normally he's easy, but with his debuf he hurts), use focused mind against bosses that simply hit hard
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris