Cube white policy

Ilenka - Harshlands
Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I saw the "cube shouldnt be pk enabled" thread and remembered one thing that happened to me the other day running cube.

As server has gone so expensive lately Ive quit from pvping (wont waste coins in hp charms if im not in a TWing faction anymore). So Ive usually keep the PK filters on to avoid getting red and just letting me direct attack someone red. However when im on events I usually put the ALL filters on, so i dont aoe someone else red in event.

Happened to me that I got into one of the "I dont wanna leave" rooms (the one where u have to kill someone to pass or pay 4 do all cards) and a sin spawned next to me. He tried to kill me but couldnt, I wasnt able to attack him because he wasnt red (You dont get red inside cube) so i had to change my PK settings. Once i put all the filters off and started attacking him, he went into stealth mode.

Then he appeared again and tried to kill me but couldnt. And i thought he went into stealth but actually i killed him... i was waiting for him to go out of stealth, but then realized he actually died, once the teleporter in the other side of the room dissapeared... (stupid me :/) so i got to pay the do alls anyway.

PKing in cube doesnt make you red so you dont drop, but i think you should be able to direct attack anyone despite your PK settings. Specially in the rooms designed for that. Also I think that if someone dies in cube in result of PK they shouldnt dissapear like "if they were going in stealth" but they should stay in the floor. So you actually know they died.

What you think?
Post edited by Ilenka - Harshlands on

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Pressing "Ctrl" and an attack key will allow you to attack a player no matter your protections when in PK mode.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Also I think that if someone dies in cube in result of PK they shouldnt dissapear like "if they were going in stealth" but they should stay in the floor. So you actually know they died.

That's a good point. It wasn't an issue before sins and stealth, when cube was first designed, so naturally it would cause confusion. Still, I doubt it'll be fixed.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Pressing "Ctrl" and an attack key will allow you to attack a player no matter your protections when in PK mode.

^ I am surprised that you, being from HL, didn't know the above. It's how I get around the protections in a tight spot. (Didn't mean that as a personal attack, just am genuinely surprised.)
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Is not that i dont know the CTRL thing (OFC i knew it...) ... its just that it isnt that easy for me to press CTRL everytime i wanna attack... plus i play on a laptop with no mouse just touchpad.

Imagine me when TAB to target wasnt implemented.... what awful times.

Actually my problem wasnt that much about the attacking but about him dying without me noticing, because of death and stealth looking the same.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is not that i dont know the CTRL thing (OFC i knew it...) ... its just that it isnt that easy for me to press CTRL everytime i wanna attack... plus i play on a laptop with no mouse just touchpad.

Imagine me when TAB to target wasnt implemented.... what awful times.

Actually my problem wasnt that much about the attacking but about him dying without me noticing, because of death and stealth looking the same.

I played on her laptop. It's annoyin lol, but that's not pwi's issue, its Toshiba's issue hun b:chuckle and u haven't got a mouse yet? ._. b:sad
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I prolly wont ever get a mouse. Im way too use to play with touchpad xD btw i need to speak with you. >.>
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    no yo don't. you should acquire ur sense of belonging and think Im an **** and stuff.

u should try browsing through this forums from an iPod Touch ._.