Game Recording with Xfire

Options
Sun_Burn - Lost City
Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Support Desk
Since both were closed ill post here again

I've recently updated my PC, 8GB RAM, 3.6Ghtz Intel i7 2600K Processor, Nvidia 450GTS.

I'd like to start recording gameplay soon. Ive tried fraps and it lowers my FPS considerably. So I looked into Xfire and my game runs pretty smoothly on max settings even when im recording (while its up), but sometimes when I load Xfire it crashes the game. Like before a TW, I was all buffed, had xfire in the backround, when war was about to start I hit record and game crashed. (Xfire was still running I believe) I logged back in, pressed record and then it started recording. The war only lasted 10 minutes or so, so I don't know if it would have crashed again.

Has anyone else who has used Xfire found a fix for this? Or does anyone know of any other good recording software (that's free preferably)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgaFz36SeF4 <- really boring video just testing xfire on max settings in tideborn area on an alt.

Im sure one of the gms are gonna close this again so if someone sees one of these threads and has a solution, click my face and send me a pm. Thanks.
Post edited by Sun_Burn - Lost City on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'll explain why this doesn't belong in this section; This sub forum is meant to share screenshots and videos from the game. Not inquire about technical difficulties with the game. Since your topic title is clear about which program you are using, people who are experienced with it can see it in the technical support forum and go "Oh, I know a thing or two about the program, let's see what can I do to assist this person".

Hence why it was moved and will be moved to the technical support forum.

Being angry because someone is trying to assist you the best possible way won't help your issue. The contrary. Please let this topic sit where it belongs so the team and the forum members can help you solve the issue.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fine, ill do it your way for now. I still say ill get more support in the other section.

If I don't get a helpful response here for several days would u mind if I post this where I believe it belongs so I can receive help?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fine, ill do it your way for now. I still say ill get more support in the other section.

If I don't get a helpful response here for several days would u mind if I post this where I believe it belongs so I can receive help?

Might be better to link to this topic if that happens to avoid dupe topics.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    See if Xfire's support has any suggestions for similar issues with similar games.

Unfortunately, we have no way of offering support for third party software. The obvious thing is to say stop using the Xfire recording ability to stop crashing the game. b:surrender

You can use a search engine to look for open source video recording programs for games. b:victory

I found:

http://taksi.sourceforge.net/

http://www.8bitrocket.com/2009/11/06/tutorial-using-the-open-source-camstudio-to-record-flash-game-play-animations/

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/video-game-recorder-software-pc-recording-directx-t5615.html
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately, we have no way of offering support for third party software. The obvious thing is to say stop using the Xfire recording ability to stop crashing the game

this is exactly what i said on the other threads, I knew tech support couldnt help me with this issue, which is why I wanted to post this in the video section where users that make videos with xfire frequently visit.

I've browsed xfires forums but the problem is is that xfire supports hundreds of games with different issues causing crashes, which is why i opted to post in pwi forums so i have a game specific suggestion for the fix.

Could you possibly move this to screenshot/video section?

Also, im looking into fraps again, but id like an answer to xfire incase that doesnt work out
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Try posting on the Xfire forums, and try the other free programs that are out there that don't use as many resources?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    got Fraps working on 3rd try, not sure why I was having issues with that.. 1st 2 installs dropped my FPS down from 40-> 10 on max settings.. Now its around 30-40 so is playable.