Xfire issues

Sun_Burn - Lost City
Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Support Desk
I've recently updated my PC, 8GB RAM, 3.6Ghtz Intel i7 2600K Processor, Nvidia 450GTS.

I'd like to start recording gameplay soon. Ive tried fraps and it lowers my FPS considerably. So I looked into Xfire and my game runs pretty smoothly on max settings even when im recording (while its up), but sometimes when I load Xfire it crashes the game. Like before a TW, I was all buffed, had xfire in the backround, when war was about to start I hit record and game crashed. (Xfire was still running I believe) I logged back in, pressed record and then it started recording. The war only lasted 10 minutes or so, so I don't know if it would have crashed again.

Has anyone else who has used Xfire found a fix for this? Or does anyone know of any other good recording software (that's free preferably)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgaFz36SeF4 <- really boring video just testing xfire on max settings in tideborn area on an alt.

Coulg a real GM please move this back to where I can get assistance in the screenshot/video section? Shelly doesnt seem to comprehend that this section wont do me any good when using a 3rd party program.
Post edited by Sun_Burn - Lost City on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Looks like your game may have crashed due to the lag, but I might be wrong. Have you also checked Xfire troubleshooting guide or the forums?
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    I was gonna post it in tech support, but i think its an xfire related issue, I thought mods here only dealt with PWI tech issues, so i posted in the video section to get feedback from other users that use xfire. My game has not crashed yet if I don't use Xfire.

I've done random searches on Xfires forums and get multiple responses depending on the game/circumstances. If possible could you move this to the screenshot/video section where I would probably get more suggestions from users who actually use or have used Xfire?
  • chaoticshelly
    edited July 2011
    You can get suggestions in here as well. It just doesn't belong in the Screenshots and videos forum - even if it has a video in it. b:cute I've used Xfire before but I've never had that issue, so I can't help you.

Hopefully other users and or the panda can help you!
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    ur really pissing me off, im telling you I can guarantee no one who uses xfire who knows how to solve this issue will be looking here.

Id get far better results if I had it back in the section where I believe is the most logical choice, stop abusing ur mod status.

If i dont get a response in 24 hours im moving this back to screenshot videos, even if i need to make multiple accounts and change my IP incase you ban me. This is ridiculous.

Panda isn't gonna know how to help me unless he also uses Xfire to record gameplay and has experienced this issue, ur logic is invalid.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited July 2011
    Now you're just being illogical. I'll forward your issue to the panda and hopefully you can resolve it and play the game without experiencing any further issues. Good luck!
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Not going to allow mod-threatening.
This discussion has been closed.