HT Discussion - PWIC

sleepcat
sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Etherblade (West)
This. If a mod can move it back, it would be nice. HT likes to talk about stuff like having impacts and such on the server's community.

Honestly though, ppl will just make a new on in HT. Like me if there isn't one by tomorrow.

>:]

I win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sleepcat on

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    *gives cookie*
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sleepcat wins. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    sleepcat wrote: »
    I win.
    That was fast o:
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    should i be expecting a r9 sale in the next few hours to coincide with this event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited July 2011
    should i be expecting a r9 sale in the next few hours to coincide with this event?

and Orbs, and maybe a game shattering gem/vit stone/DoD/DoT sale too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This should be very,very interesting. Ten to one it will come down to either a team from enrage or golddiggers.(sry gd,you're good but youll be eating raman from home) So what will the teams be?
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
    edited July 2011
    Am I the only one that thinks a trip to China, if won, is a turnoff from this event? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear
    Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This should be very,very interesting. Ten to one it will come down to either a team from enrage or golddiggers.(sry gd,you're good but youll be eating raman from home) So what will the teams be?

how can one eat raman?
    You know, your eyebrow drives me crazy. It's so thick, i'ts so dark, so very...connected...b:dirty
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Am I the only one that thinks a trip to China, if won, is a turnoff from this event? lol

im thankful im not a pk'r, im with known on thisb:bye
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It will be fun to watch which cash-shopper(s) want(s) their e-peen the most. Have to love PWE and their crazy marketting tactics! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • JOKER_ - Heavens Tear
    JOKER_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It will be fun to watch which cash-shopper(s) want(s) their e-peen the most. Have to love PWE and their crazy marketting tactics! b:bye

+1 b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Said it in Gen. Discussion, I'll say it again here.
    Personally, I think being the champ of this thing is embarrassing. Just my take on it, won't be envious of a guy or girl going to China and fighting for a title...............made by PWi........b:shutup

If someone from this server made it to China and won, we will never hear the end of it.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't see what the issue in going to China would be?
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So you go into the tournament with the character you have?

If that's true, then the tournament is already a joke. cash shop ftw.

I remember playing in the tournament for~removed~. You were given a character, had to buy the gear from a couple npc's etc 1 hour before it started. Could get anything you want except for mvp cards and god items and such. That tournament was epic and fully based on skill because everyone was equal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This tournament is a joke.....still it will be fun to see if Credit card really helps...because let's be honest the winner team from this version will go vs a team made of players that know how to play the game for real(a team that proly didn't use the CC to get it's gear)

And about the China trip. I think that is a nice reward...China is a beautiful country a country whit a long history where u can see things and places u never imagined. So the ones that say it's a turnoff refrain from comments if u didn't visit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if our people in china get slaughtered in the tournament. In china they don't have hypers, jones blessing and rank 9 is still hard to get there because they don't throw medals in DQ or cash shop and don't have rep sales.
    Chinese players can be hardcore players while our rank 9 players press just one button and someone or some people fall down on the floor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Questions is can the US players do anything whit 300k ping?:))))

Idk but i think armors and weapons won't be the ones people actually have now cause it would not be any tournament at all then. And i don't think China will bring lower geared people in the tournament....after all they are the main company...if they loose that is not good publicity.

We will see..sad thing is that the team that will represent us will be a team made out of "My CC is bigger then u'r CC" players.

I think i will log in that day just to see the wc and all the drama this event will cause.

Have a nice day!!!b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if our people in china get slaughtered in the tournament. In china they don't have hypers, jones blessing and rank 9 is still hard to get there because they don't throw medals in DQ or cash shop and don't have rep sales.
    Chinese players can be hardcore players while our rank 9 players press just one button and someone or some people fall down on the floor.

from what i gather, and it could just be my american ignorance of other countries, gaming in some places like china, is a big thing. people take pride in it and do it well. wich to me sounds like a blast. however they do take it serious. where im from its something to do that doesnt involve leaving the house. we do have some "hardcore" players, ut will they make the cut? if they do what happens when they meet thier chinese counterparts? i find if i order chinese food i play far better than if i order pizza. however this could be the fact i usually get a pile of wings with my pizza. this tends to get messy. back to the orig. quote. yes. yes shifong. i think they use voo-doo or something. idkwtf they do. but from what i heard its not like it is here. they grind and grind and grind. and ive totally lost track of what i was typing. hell im not even sure if i had a point. screwit enjoy my wall of useless text.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    from what i gather, and it could just be my american ignorance of other countries, gaming in some places like china, is a big thing. people take pride in it and do it well. wich to me sounds like a blast. however they do take it serious. where im from its something to do that doesnt involve leaving the house. we do have some "hardcore" players, ut will they make the cut? if they do what happens when they meet thier chinese counterparts? i find if i order chinese food i play far better than if i order pizza. however this could be the fact i usually get a pile of wings with my pizza. this tends to get messy. back to the orig. quote. yes. yes shifong. i think they use voo-doo or something. idkwtf they do. but from what i heard its not like it is here. they grind and grind and grind. and ive totally lost track of what i was typing. hell im not even sure if i had a point. screwit enjoy my wall of useless text.

If what you're saying is legit.. the two best players may not even make it to China! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
    edited July 2011
    Reason why I said it was a turn off was simply because its just all the legality and clearance one would probably have to go through, especially if you dislike America and its TSA............service at the airports.

Plus with the dates being in late-ish August, Fall Semester starts days before for some, whether in high school or college. That's why its not that appealing to me. Nothing against China. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Over in China, warsoul weapons are "more common" aren't they? As in 10 or so people have them lol.

With a warsoul wep, full nirvana +12 w/ JOSD isn't far behind the equiv R9 at all b:surrender

I hope you can watch the battles somewhere b:cute
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    To bad its not npc gear based tournaments. That would mean everyone has a fair chance.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Everyone should start off with nothing, and as the battle progresses, random gear appears on the ground. You're a Wizard and you pick up a sword? ****ING SLASH PEOPLE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    To bad its not npc gear based tournaments. That would mean everyone has a fair chance.

the cross-country tournaments are npc gear based, so r9 won't help at the end.
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Honestly i dont care about it.As for going to china,I would love to go sometime. I am big in america, I would be like Big Foot in china. Tower over EVERYONE. plus I love history and things like that.I wanna see the forbidden city and the great wall one day.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Since quoting doesn't work again for me.

the cross-country tournaments are npc gear based, so r9 won't help at the end.

Not at the end but it means noobs can get at the end while better players with worse gear won't get there. It should be npc gear the whole way.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    pwi has been fully pay to win at least ever since r9 came out, why would anyone think this tournament would be any different?
    of course it *should* be a fairer competition, but this is pwi we're talking about...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't think it will be as gear based as everyone believes. On a PvE server everything is gear based, the only time the server really has it out is TW, which is why all our posts are about TW. But having a higher level toon on a PvP server it takes a lot more. You have to have the skill to match that gear.
    I adore this server, but I don't think we have a shot at being one of the two. Not matched against PvP servers. Enrage and GD are both carebear factions compared to the ones over there. Mostly because they are on a carebear server. We have a very small % of our server mates who like to PvP. (Plus ya'll make it stupid sometimes. When jimbo is beating on me, you three stupid sins can go fight any of the other 15 white name people in Silver, instead you choose to take the few hits you can get in to "share" in the glory)
    Just my 2 cents, I mean no offense, just pointing out what should be obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Honestly i dont care about it.As for going to china,I would love to go sometime. I am big in america, I would be like Big Foot in china. Tower over EVERYONE. plus I love history and things like that.I wanna see the forbidden city and the great wall one day.

im big in japan b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    pwi has been fully pay to win at least ever since r9 came out, why would anyone think this tournament would be any different?
    of course it *should* be a fairer competition, but this is pwi we're talking about...

you know ive been your biggest fan since i was level 10 years ago. I never had the courage to sit down and have a honest Whisper conversation with you. :( maybe in g to the W to the 2