99key question about squad

Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
what is the rule of thumb when doing your own 99 key quest. What drops are yours, and what should you give to the squad as a whole?

and does this change for 2x drop days?
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Depends on the squad.

I always give the 99 Key holder all the raps and just spit whatever was from the run. They are their keys after all.

Best advice, run with friends who will allow you to keep the drops.

(Some will say spilt them but pft to that...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    First off, the ONLY reason to go on a 99 key quest during 2x is if you have an assload of extra keys on top of it. If you have 102 keys and burn up 99 for a 99 key quest you are wasting keys and ruining chances of money by limiting your own runs.

Secondly, do it with friends. World chat squads are greedy, therefore be greedy for them. I do friends' 99 key quests and they keep the raps and the cannies, likewise, so do I, if my wife and I invite them.

Otherwise, it's at the discretion of the squad. You saved up the 99 keys, however, so **** splitting it with the squad, find one that will give you your earned drops.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i always ask for the raps if they are my keys if they are someone elses keys they get the drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So why someone should run someone else's 99 key?
    Just to kill an extra 7M Hp boss which can't be HFed(Hella boring) to get...nothing?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    So why someone should run someone else's 99 key?
    Just to kill an extra 7M Hp boss which can't be HFed(Hella boring) to get...nothing?

why would someone help with a bh? why would someone kill bosses on the world map? why would anyone help anyone at all? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    why would someone help with a bh? why would someone kill bosses on the world map? why would anyone help anyone at all? b:bye

Ahhhh I seeeeee your point....
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The holder of the 99 key quest gets the drop, if they choose to waste 99 keys on it, sure. Personally id rather use those keys and make more money >.>
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • LilithPaige - Dreamweaver
    LilithPaige - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In my experience there are two routes for 99 key quest.

The first, is the person keeps all their drops and the run drops get split as per usual.

The second, is where you person gets their 99 quest drops BUT is then excluded from a cut in that Nivana run. So you keep your raptures but any other uncannies / Raptures are split between the remaining members and not you.

Personally I prefer to do it the first way, but have seen the second happen often. The best thing to do is speak to your squad before you go in and make sure you are all happy with what is decided.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The second, is where you person gets their 99 quest drops BUT is then excluded from a cut in that Nivana run. So you keep your raptures but any other uncannies / Raptures are split between the remaining members and not you.

Wow, didn't know that way excisted... that's like.. scamming? If they are your guildies/friends, i'd recommend looking for new ones :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Wow, didn't know that way excisted... that's like.. scamming? If they are your guildies/friends, i'd recommend looking for new ones :P

even if the keys werent mine i wouldnt allow that to happen its rediculous that someone could actually think that someone deserves nothing if they get that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The way I've done it, and every one on my friend list had done is split everything from the run evenly, that includes the 4 raptures dropped from the 99 key boss during 2x drop. Don't forget that the 99 keys quest holder also get 10 uncannies from the quest itself if done correctly. Those 10 uncannies are normally kept by the key holder with no doubt in question.

Ask yourself, if you are ever get invited to a 99 key boss run and the key holder kept all the drops, would you want to waste time killing it for that selfish person?

Another method is to solo the 99 key boss yourself and keep everything to yourself :D
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    The way I've done it, and every one on my friend list had done is split everything from the run evenly, that includes the 4 raptures dropped from the 99 key boss during 2x drop. Don't forget that the 99 keys quest holder also get 10 uncannies from the quest itself if done correctly. Those 10 uncannies are normally kept by the key holder with no doubt in question.

Ask yourself, if you are ever get invited to a 99 key boss run and the key holder kept all the drops, would you want to waste time killing it for that selfish person?

Another method is to solo the 99 key boss yourself and keep everything to yourself :D

yes i would its not being greedy its only right. why spend 99 keys if your gonna get only 10 uncanny? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The best rule of thumb is to go with whatever your friends have been doing. If your friends have been sharing their drops with you it would be pretty greedy to hog drops for yourself when it is your turn. Likewise if they have been keeping for themselves then there is no reason to share with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I asked myself, and I came up with the same answer.. yes, I would. A person is selfish for saving up nirvana keys for about a month and expecting to get drops from their own quest?

So others in the squad killed a boss that's remarkably easy, far, far easier than any other boss in Nirvana. So what? That entitles a squad to, thanks to 2x, four raptures? Hell no. Might wanna re-consider who is the selfish one here.

This is why I only ever did Nirvana 99 key quests with friends, until I have enough toons to be able to open Nirvana just my wife and I. No point in doing a 99 key quest with those who want to take someone's quest reward.
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Check before you go in.

Rule of thumb is theyre yours, you havent been able to use many keys (Clearly) hence the point of this quest, to give you something for turning up every day and collecting them anyway. Anyone who says "Thats the quest Cannys" can stuff it too.

If you feel kind, like many do, its a nice gesture to drop one of the raps into the pool for the split tho, as a thank you. It is not, however, required.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    When I do 99 key quest I let the squad split whatever uncannies and rap drop from the
    normal bosses excluding me and I take the raps.

This way its kinda benefiting everyone for taking on an extra boss