Gonna extend this too ?

Options
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Well, we saw the devs extend the rider pack sale, because i guess they are making to much money off it to shut it down

Judging by how fast i can move rep badges, i assume the General summer sale is making them a pretty penny as well

do you think they will stay greedy and extend this as well ?

how long until everything is just "on sale" full time
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Post edited by Pyrostormz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *rollseyes* another "pwi is greedy" thread...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHopeI - Heavens Tear
    IHopeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *rollseyes* another "pwi is greedy" thread...

*rollseyes* Another arrogant fool *sigh*
  • IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *rollseyes* Another arrogant fool *sigh*

Welcome to the club grand master of arroganceb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well, we saw the devs extend the rider pack sale, because i guess they are making to much money off it to shut it down

Judging by how fast i can move rep badges, i assume the General summer sale is making them a pretty penny as well

do you think they will stay greedy and extend this as well ?

how long until everything is just "on sale" full time

The devs have no control over the sales, the people over here in the US who run PWI aka the Marketing Team, make those decisions.
    So quick to blame the devs for everything, or the GMs, or the Mods. The real culprits are the Marketing team and the bigwigs in California who run PWI. It's also disgusting how they try to make the devs look like they are at fault with things like the medals being removed. The Marketing Team just realized that they would not make money off of medal sales if they were accessible outside of the boutique, so they removed them, and simply used the devs as a scapegoat.

And on topic, I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with the rep sales. They already forced Frankie and the GMs to skip maintenance so Duke shouts wouldn't have to go. Of course, none of these sales affect me, I play for fun, make my money off fairy boxes and herbs, and don't worry about this obsession with " rush to the best of the best of endgame everything PM me FAST run"
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why does everyone seem to know the decision making structure of the company?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hmm, i guess i misunderstood, i had assumed that frankie & Co were making the decisions on this end of the game

either way, i am not being critical ( though i do regret stocking up on those rider packs b:surrender )

i just dont like the precedent it set, and i hope we dont see it again
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd vote they just keep the sale permanant. They would make more money in the long run too. At least your common joe could budget himself for the purchase. This pigeon toeing people to purchase all in 2 weeks really turns people off more then drives them to buy.
    re
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hmm, i guess i misunderstood, i had assumed that frankie & Co were making the decisions on this end of the game

ha! half the time they don't even know what changes have been made in each new game patch until the QQ threads on the forums tell them about it. i'd be surprised if the US-based offices of PWE got to decide which side of their beds to get up in the morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why does everyone seem to know the decision making structure of the company?

I will admit I don't know for a fact that the Marketing Team alone is to blame. But, the devs are simply what their name implies: Developers. They develop everything for this game, they have little control what gets added, removed, etc, especially in the localization once it has already gone through. This is why we have sales they do not have, and why they have things that we do not.
    The Marketing Team is in control of sales, that would be why they are called the Marketing Team
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you guys act like this sale is something new or something...they've had this same sale before back when they first released rank 10 armor...

they may not extend it but they will bring it back in a couple months as soon as the demand gets up there again
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you guys act like this sale is something new or something...they've had this same sale before back when they first released rank 10 armor...

they may not extend it but they will bring it back in a couple months as soon as the demand gets up there again

you know on cn version nearly no1 is near getting rank9 yet why would they release rank10
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

True demand or not, sales are back in a way or another... Remember the anniversary packs, coming 'back by popular demand' back then, while there was a strong uproar going on in these very forums.
    It was hilarious and painful to witness at the same time. I was facepalming at that ridiculousness. I guess it has become a normal occurence now, as in no one cares anymore if packs are there, that gold is at a stupidly high rate and that powerleveling and complete noobness is at its maximum level... not to count the sheer number of motorcycles going around no matter if they are hated by some or not.

As long as there are silly people buying tons of packs, they will not only stay for a while, but reappear on whoever is in charge's whim and this rather often in the worst scenario.
    Cash makes the world go round and PWI's no exception at all.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=
    And on topic, I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with the rep sales. They already forced Frankie and the GMs to skip maintenance so Duke shouts wouldn't have to go. Of course, none of these sales affect me, I play for fun, make my money off fairy boxes and herbs, and don't worry about this obsession with " rush to the best of the best of endgame everything PM me FAST run"[/QUOTE]

b:victory

I couldn't agree with you more
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I will admit I don't know for a fact that the Marketing Team alone is to blame. But, the devs are simply what their name implies: Developers. They develop everything for this game, they have little control what gets added, removed, etc, especially in the localization once it has already gone through. This is why we have sales they do not have, and why they have things that we do not.
    The Marketing Team is in control of sales, that would be why they are called the Marketing Team
    the "devs" are more than just the sweatshop code monkeys.

a marketing department is traditionally the division of a company that delivers a product to the public. marketing usually has no control over the product, they are charges with framing the product and attracting customers. assuming that in game sales are controlled by the division of people in charge of advertising the product to the public simply because there is a market in-game is incorrect. the marketing department is there to tell us how great what they are selling us is, and promoting it. the "news" pages, and facebook promotions are marketing, deciding what to make available for sale is not marketing.

the guys that do the coding do not decide what gets added or removed, those are corporate decisions, but the people that tell the coders what to add and remove, the managers of development, who should probably be considered dev's as well, do decide what is added and removed.

if you want a better idea of what the corporate decision making structure looks like, look up PWRD (perfect world's nasdaq stock symbol) SEC filings. their corporate structure is a convoluted mess of subsidiaries, I'd say roughly 30 companies make up the corporation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    a marketing department is traditionally the division of a company that delivers a product to the public. marketing usually has no control over the product, they are charges with framing the product and attracting customers.

you've either only worked in some really, truly wonderful places, or else you've never worked for a U.S. based corporation at all. in my experience, marketing departments all too often get to dictate what the product should do and when, sometimes without regard to the laws of physics or basic mathemathics, and the "development" / "operations" side of the house get to suck it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    oops made a goofup on my earlier post, i meant rank 9 not rank 10...i was doing some wishful thinking there....disregard the rank10 comment above :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
    edited June 2011
    Options
    exactly because marketing departments have no conception of economics or physics, they dont control the product, the tell production what they want to sell, they dont get what they want, and they sell it anyway.

example: snuggie: a fashionable blanket that you can wear anywhere, will make you smile all the time, perfect for baseball games, family game night, and at the office, and always looks great!, actually a blanket with holes in it, covered in cheetos stains, that you never wash because you sleep in it wake up and sloth around your house in it, and you wouldnt be caught dead in it outside of your house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my snuggie is the camo version :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dedicated to those who try to find a reason of what's happening in PWI in terms of sales (Warning, harsh reality stings):

Whoever is in charge of sales does not care if the playerbase will be rioting or happy when a sale is planned and immediately put in action (Yes, no popularity poll has ever been made and there will never be one. Quite disheartening if higher ups say the game is a big concern to them).
    They will more likely than not make it effective and people will bear with it. They know some people, no matter if they are few or numerous, will pay for it, directly or not (this is where the idea of gold is smart to no end).

They don't care if it kills DQ to have released the Silver Mane, Violet Lightning into boutique. It sure did not bother them adding endgame gear in packs, either. I have tons of other examples like these, but I want to make it concise and brief enough.

Now, they don't have any grief over the sheer pack sale spamming they went for over the few last years. If no one bought them, there would be no sales anymore... Wait, maybe that would not even be the case, since unlike economy in reality, virtual sales involve no loss even if sales are much impopular, it would only mean no potential gains during that period. Even that, they don't even fear about.
    That is quite impressive, isn't it.

And yes, we also have gotten a few useless sales recently. I still wonder who bought those stones of refreshment (or whatever their name could be). Why would people need them, while FC powerleveling has become some massive unmonitored activity.
    Pride in game for grinding and doing quests the old way? It's so marginal these days, it's better left in the dark.

Etc., etc.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited June 2011
    Options
    PWRD closed at 19.12 today, down 1.10, thats a 5% loss in the company's value in 1 day, I predict a big sale on tuesday to make up for that. last time PWRD got this low was the run up to anni packs where it got down to 10 points. I know PWRD has a lot more going on then just PWI, but its hard not to notice the correlation. today is the 52 week low though, so thats bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]