Sparking vs. 1-shot bosses

Options
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Greetings, heroes.

I am looking for precise timing mechanisms to triple spark against the 1-shot attacks from various instance bosses. That is, when precisely do I triple spark so that I am immune to the one-shot (if possible)?

- FF - Asoteric Runewolf - Whirly Slashy Boss

- Nirvana - Inferno Sovereign - Blue Circle Boss

- Nirvana - Demonic Tyrant - "Let the Heaven's Quake" Boss

- Nirvana - Nether Queen - Run To Red Circle Boss

- Nirvana - Last Boss - Two questions. (1) How do you detect if someone did not use the token properly? (2) What's the timing of sparking against the summoned Elemental if the token was not used properly?

I could ask about the first FF boss and the XP Room FF boss, but I'm okay with less fancy methods of dealing with those. Also, I don't do TT3-2 / TT3-3 enough to really care if there are 1-shots to avoid in those.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Greetings, heroes.

I am looking for precise timing mechanisms to triple spark against the 1-shot attacks from various instance bosses. That is, when do precisely do I triple spark so that I am immune to the one-shot (if possible).

- Nirvana - Last Boss - Two questions. (1) How do you detect if someone did not use the token properly? (2) What's the timing of sparking against the summoned Elemental if the token was not used properly?

I could ask about the first FF boss and the XP Room FF boss, but I'm okay with less fancy methods of dealing with those. Also, I don't do TT3-2 / TT3-3 enough to really care if there are 1-shots to avoid in those.

You could even evade one shotting techs with 1 spark.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i think its 5 secs, so u need spark= domain/apo item

i think its 4-5 seconds once they pop up

again its mutli hits that last a few seconds, so u need immune apo items/genie + ur spark (but personally as an archer i can NOT take his hits alone)

need ur genie/apo +spark only lasts about 3 seconds but its about 1-2 secs after her speach ends i think
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I haven't really had to resist these aoes much since squads I'm in usually kill the bosses quickly. Alot of these I went by animations rather than a timer. The only one I precisely time is the last boss in Nirv. I have some other advice tho.

This one only does only like 2.5k damage per second of aoe so you can wait to spark after he begins the aoe.

This is about 6 seconds. I counted fairly slowly to 5 before sparking.

This is very difficult to resist as the aoe is strong and lasts for like 5 seconds. I wouldn't try unless you can combo spark resist with AD.

About 10 seconds. She has a fairly obvious red flare animation.

- Nirvana - Last Boss -
    Exactly 30s. I use a skill like tangling mire which has a 30second cooldown when he summons the add as a timer. If the runner fails to seal the add I use AD when there is 1 second left on the cooldown.

As you are getting the feel for the timings be prepared to use triple spark + AD for 7 seconds of invulnerability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hm, I don't have AD, but I do have Expel for 8 seconds or so. Are any of the aforementioned bosses magic-based in their 1-shots?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hm, I don't have AD, but I do have Expel for 8 seconds or so. Are any of the aforementioned bosses magic-based in their 1-shots?

None of them are magic/physical based and most don't have any specific attack range to them. Regardless of your defense be it physical or magical, most of those deal set amounts of damage per hit. HP is by far more important than defenses for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You need to test and look at what your lag is at the moment you test.
    For instance, at Slash boss in FC, if you have a high ping, boss will start aoeing before he finishes talking.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thanx for the info!
  • Sovy - Dreamweaver
    Sovy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For first boss of nirvy am counting 6 normal second in my head and when i start saying the number7 I hit my spark key, guess its like 5 slow secs from Asterelle xD, but yeah it rly depend the squads and number of people in it, u often don't even see those boss do anything special^^
    Just be carefull with the seals:) can be tricky xd

and nice one using tangling on last boss Asterelle but meh am kinda spamming it >.>