Slow Graphics

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Support Desk
I've noticed since the TB expansion that the game has been a lot less smooth than it used to be, for me. I now have to turn the Terrain setting from max to minimum even in TT and FF instances in order to get a non-laggy experience. Before the TB expansion, I had no problem with this.

Did anyone else experience a performance drop before TB expansion and afterwards? I was wondering if perhaps they enabled some setting that requires rendering of hidden areas (i.e. areas blocked by walls).

Since someone is going to ask, here's my hardware:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
4 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 275
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2011
    check that you don't have the video profile set to "Use the advanced 3D systems settings" in your Nvidia control panel. Leave it on "Let the 3D application decide". Also, in the client, turn down the terrain setting and turn off shadows if you have them on. Helps a lot.

BTW, I run on
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    4GB Ram
    Nvidia 8800GT 512MB

My average framerate is between 25 and 40 in the world, and 12-18 in west arch. I have all settings turned up all the way with the exception of... Distance at 3/4, terrain at max and shadows/soften turned off. If I kill terrain I get about a 15% boost in FPS, but I hate how it looks LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]