Celestial Schism

RioNHale - Archosaur
RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Suggestion Box
Ok so like, this is something I think has been requested before but I just wanna stress it from my point of view.

People rarely make the change from sage to demon or vice versa for 1 reason.

Losing every sage or demon skill theyve taken the effort to gain.

I myself have every single Sage barb skill.
It took a hell of a lot of time and effort months and months of looking for the books, until finnally I got everything. *___*

Id gladly pay 10 gold to change to demon IF all my skills went from sage to demon too.
However in an attempt to kick the players in the face this would lead to me losing all my skills completely.
Having to rebuy them in demon.
I do not want to do this, few players would.

My point being that to make finishing all cultivation worthwhile, and making Schisms sell like wildfire.

PWI NEEDS to make the schism transfer skills sage>demon/demon>sage aswell.

Think about it, players would:

A.) be incredibly motivated to get 100 culti done to use the schism.
B.) Each week they may wanna try demon or sage, therefore buying a schism all the time, personnally id go sage 1 week demon another, id pay 10 gold for that for sure, on a daily or weekly basis even having the ability to try demon or sage skills buy not wasting the effort over and over again to collect them.

However the thing blocking it is the fact that you do lose all skills, so people will be discouraged from going through with it.
I think that this could be very beneficial to pwi selling those schisms, AND to the players to have fun being able to more easily fully explore their chosen classes without getting a massive thorn through our sides.

/Discuss
★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
Post edited by RioNHale - Archosaur on

Comments

• BryFoo - Raging Tide
    BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    +10 Rion!

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    +10 Rion!

b:thanks

BRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY b:dirty
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not a bad idea, but 10 gold seems a little on the cheap side for something like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    Not a bad idea, but 10 gold seems a little on the cheap side for something like this.

Its already 10 gold, but rarely anyone buys it cos its not worth it.

If it remained ten gold under these parameters people would buy them all the time.

Just look at ocean orbs, as soon as they went cheap everyone went crazy for them.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Truthfully, we weren't even supposed to be able to change from sage to demon or vice versa in the first place, and PWI tends to thrive on making every little thing a pain in the *** cash sink.
    Look at refine transfer, refine itself, skills; everything has all these expenses and fees and charges.

This would be very Ideal, but, truth be told, too ideal.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    Truthfully, we weren't even supposed to be able to change from sage to demon or vice versa in the first place, and PWI tends to thrive on making every little thing a pain in the *** cash sink.
    Look at refine transfer, refine itself, skills; everything has all these expenses and fees and charges.

This would be very Ideal, but, truth be told, too ideal.

Yeah with them itll be

Money > Playerbase

which is fine, but the way I present the suggestion would be both player and money-for-pwi beneficial.

Those schisms would sell like mad, LOADS of them!

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Um, how about "no"?

There are some skills which are more expensive on one side of the cultivation than the other. Having the Schism convert skills as well would destroy this.

Also, it'd make the choice of your cultivation even less important, since you could just change it whenever you pleased with no downside whatsoever. Because come on, 200 mirages and 10 gold is NOTHING.

Hell, I could see a lot of people changing from one side to the other just to farm and then change back when they're done farming. For example, assassins and BMs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    Um, how about "no"?

There are some skills which are more expensive on one side of the cultivation than the other. Having the Schism convert skills as well would destroy this.

Also, it'd make the choice of your cultivation even less important, since you could just change it whenever you pleased with no downside whatsoever. Because come on, 200 mirages and 10 gold is NOTHING.

Hell, I could see a lot of people changing from one side to the other just to farm and then change back when they're done farming. For example, assassins and BMs.

so in other words u wouldnt mind changing culti refarming the books spending hundreds of millions, months, effort then changing back and doing it again?

Living in the past man, changes gotta happen.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd think it would be better if you could get your old skills back if you switch again but not automatically converting them.
    That way you would have to have all demon skills and sage skills for a complete character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    I'd think it would be better if you could get your old skills back if you switch again but not automatically converting them.
    That way you would have to have all demon skills and sage skills for a complete character.

Yeah thats a good idea, having the books returned to u,

Maybe u could even have the option to coin transfer the book from sage to demon idk, 500k fee per book?

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    so in other words u wouldnt mind changing culti refarming the books spending hundreds of millions, months, effort then changing back and doing it again?

How about thinking ahead and not changing your culti in the first place?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I see your point that changing the culti on a later point might be something you want to do because when you choose your culti you dont know how the skill modifications will work in reality for 100% you just got an idead i mean skill descriptions are good but you truely will notice how a skill works at the point when you actually have learned the book.

Nevertheless making an easy cultivation switch option without mayor drawbacks would destroy all the diversity between characters created by the cultivation choice and lead to rich players entirely free in their sage/demon decision because they can reset anytime which is a bad idea i think

I also think that the idea of making a way to keep the skills when changing culti is not good.
    Since PWI gives you always the chance to roll the same class 2 times you are always free to create the same char with the other culti too. And to be honest reaching lvl 100 isnt the big deal especially not if you are willing to pay a lil cash so cultivation + endgame skills are one of the few things left to work on once your char is up so its a good idea to keep this as it is.

greetz harm0wnie

PS: i know that some cultivation choices result in a relatively poor ingame performance compared to the other path because the game doesnt give enough opportunities to make use of the corresponding cultivations strengths so here is the point where pwi should start to think about what they are doing - for instance i would welcome instances with physical immune mobs and good drops to give casters a place to play beside the aps craze ...
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    I see your point that changing the culti on a later point might be something you want to do because when you choose your culti you dont know how the skill modifications will work in reality for 100% you just got an idead i mean skill descriptions are good but you truely will notice how a skill works at the point when you actually have learned the book.

Nevertheless making an easy cultivation switch option without mayor drawbacks would destroy all the diversity between characters created by the cultivation choice and lead to rich players entirely free in their sage/demon decision because they can reset anytime which is a bad idea i think

I also think that the idea of making a way to keep the skills when changing culti is not good.
    Since PWI gives you always the chance to roll the same class 2 times you are always free to create the same char with the other culti too. And to be honest reaching lvl 100 isnt the big deal especially not if you are willing to pay a lil cash so cultivation + endgame skills are one of the few things left to work on once your char is up so its a good idea to keep this as it is.

1stly, the game really dosent give first time players anything but hearsay about the skill adds from sage/demon, u just read some info on forums and such and gotta make an "almost permanent" decision, no real skill testing allowed before then.
    So your winging it.

Later in the game they gave the option to change over.

Only a few % of server populations seem to finish culti entirely, and a miniscule percentage of those change over culti with the schsim because of the devestating cost of rebuying all your skills in the other cultivation version, if you decide the other culti was a mistake your scrutinised.

Also 10 gold isnt just for the rich players in pwi, its nothing and fully farmable ingame by most.

You suggest someone rolls 2 characters of the same class to try both cultivations, but...
    Rank gear is single character set of gear, not class, non accountstashable, so if you do happen to want 1 character to be your main, and say idk get rank 9, you would have to get it twice for 2 chars of the same class of different cultivations, a ridiculous thing to of ask anyone.

I think pwi is too harsh on the cultivation part of the game, it needs to be more diverse and accessable in all ways by all players.

sht, they already made sins/archers and barbs able to use fists, whys this so much worse?

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited May 2011
    Rank gear is single character set of gear, not class, non accountstashable, so if you do happen to want 1 character to be your main, and say idk get rank 9, you would have to get it twice for 2 chars of the same class of different cultivations, a ridiculous thing to of ask anyone.

Although admittedly, they could choose which they liked more and get r9 on it... however, that sucks for all those that would have to change mains, time effort into 1 char they built up, making them start again from scratch.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You suggest someone rolls 2 characters of the same class to try both cultivations, but...Rank gear is single character set of gear, not class, non accountstashable, so if you do happen to want 1 character to be your main, and say idk get rank 9, you would have to get it twice for 2 chars of the same class of different cultivations, a ridiculous thing to of ask anyone.

I think pwi is too harsh on the cultivation part of the game, it needs to be more diverse and accessable in all ways by all players.

sht, they already made sins/archers and barbs able to use fists, whys this so much worse?
    when i said you are free to roll the same char again with other culti it was a bit of sarcasm. Im well aware that it is really hard to complete the sage/demon skills entirely( nevertheless i will do with my wiz even if some say the class is dead) but from the view of PWE they dont care how much effort and $ you already have put into a char because it is not "their fault" that you have chosen the "wrong" cultivation. And of course they will like you to reroll because they can sell you the rank gear and other stuff again. If they really would care they would start evening out classes and rebalance the game. But they dont seem to want that. They dont want to you to perfect a class but to reroll for a new class that's why the new classes are stronger compared to the old ones.

Moreover this whole rank stuff was never intended to be given away so cheap it was something only a few devoted players should have but since they gave away r8 for cheap they had to add r9. But the prob with it is that you dont gain it by playing but by charging up. In addition its not only rank items that are bound to the account.

I really would like to see that PWI would allow players to specialize in 1 class instead of trying to convince em to play multiple classes. So it should pay off if you stick to 1 class. I mean atm people dont want a perfect character they rather lvl up their chars fast equip them with rank which is relatively easy to get compared to TT99 gold or nirvana and then just go for the most important sage/demon skills.

greetz harm0wnie