Public Quest Chapter 3

Tojop - Dreamweaver
Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Tideswell (East)
I want to start farming a sky cover. My sin is 5 aps w/ +6 nirv daggers. Anyone interested pm me in game, sin's name is TwentyThree b:victory
Post edited by Tojop - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No one really does that for the big reason even if do the highest amount needed conversion is like 40% chance get ring if memory serves and that's like 100 PQ runs. Now if PQ 3 was as popular as PQ 1 wouldn't be as hard cause so many people be there but that last boss can be a pain.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    for farming purposes, its best to do it with a squad of say 6 people - everyone will get the max reward possible IIRC. granted the crystals aren't tradable though. But if it were more popular, your odds of getting the crystals go down severely if you aren't one of the highest ranked damage dealers. Ive done pq3 a couple times and honestly speaking, the boss isn't actually that hard at all - not much different from other end game bosses behavior and damage wise, he just can't be HF'd/amped so it takes a bit longer to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I could tank the boss pretty easily w/ a cleric healing me; only problem is he has 28m hp, level [?]. I think I recall hearing that people who come in first place for their class get top prize, regardless of how they do overall, or something to that effect. I'll post in gen. discussion if others have more info
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ya whoever has most points in there class gets the crystals like tiger event in a way.

When i said hard didn't mean like he is Armageddon or Emperor but with squad of 6 ya he take ALONG time iv killed m with 3 people...that took awhile.

Iv seen some people clear the PQ mob part then WC for help on boss could attemt that but it is very time consuming.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    i just love how people say it takes a long time to kill it because it has 28 mil hp and isnt ampable. its as if everyone has gotten accustomed to TT bosses dropping in 15 seconds or less with a full APS squad, and have forgotten actually doing the same bosses for at least 10 minutes and thinking nothing of it. Hell I remember first time I tanked Shooting Aur and he did his aggro reset before the squad even had him half dead. Yet we kept farming. Nowadays if it takes more than 3 sparks to kill, people just dont want to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I did PQ3 a while back on Ivy. I died maybe once on that boss; but I saw BM's get dropped by it. It took like 7 squads of 6 or sommat to do him, AND he reset on us once. Don't do him charmed, I'll tell you that. He ate my charm up when I didn't die (which, like I said, was only once).

But he's the main reason why people steer clear of PQ3. Well, that and because making the ring isn't 100% until you get a mess of them crystals.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well i would like to try, got seeker and 5 aps squishy sin
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    well when we did him the first time, it was a squad of 6 (2 clerics, 1 sin, 1 barb, and 2 bm) plus myself outside of squad. I wasnt charmed myself but was able to keep my health up pretty well and didnt die. The 2 clerics alternated turns doing BB for the squad of 6, since it would get interrupted from time to time. Occassionaly one would stack IH on me since I wasnt getting the BB heals. Worked out pretty good and the only person that died that first time was the 'sin due to his then low hp. Second time around we did it with just one cleric and if i recall correctly - no deaths at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..