Would You Get Annoyed?

Ephemera - Raging Tide
Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Cleric
Would it bug you if someone requested that they not get a certain buff? Namely the Celestial Guardian's Seal buff. The reason I'm asking, is because on my mystic, as I don't use charms, and I'm not yet 75, the only way I can keep from running out of mana in under a minute in an instance is by using mana regen apoc pots. Otherwise, I tend to run out of mana faster than pots can replenish it, and find myself with none when I need to be healing or DDing (and end up going through ~80-100 pots in one instance).

I might not be seeing the whole picture or something, but pretty much every cleric i've partied with as a mystic either ignores me when I ask them not to use that buff on me, or gets annoyed. I can see how it's much easier to buff the whole party at once, but I've had clerics literally spamming the single target version on me repeatedly throughout runs, when I've asked them not to. Or not warning that they're re-buffing halfway through with the aoe version, so I don't have enough time to get out of range, and it ends up overwriting my apoc pot.

On any other character this really wouldn't be much of an issue, but I've found it literally impossible to contribute as much as I need to in a group without the extra regen. The cleric version isn't enough to keep me from being glued to the mana pot hot key, so I end up wasting a ton of apoc pots just because they get overwritten.

So...is there some reason this would annoy you? I don't mean this as a rant post, I'm just honestly curious if maybe I'm not seeing the other side of things, so I figured I'd ask here. b:thanks
Post edited by Ephemera - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think its because they would rather rebuff everyone as a squad than to rather buff one person and finding the buff in the list.

I know it seems realy stupid but from the clerics eyes, a dd that asks for a specific buff isnt important to most clerics. their attention is at peoples health and mainly the tank.
    Basicaly they have better things to worry about.
    However they should have time if they are running through the instance and not healing.
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I always ask my squad if anyone is on apo powders before I rebuff . And yeah... I've been called a noob because of that habit once b:surrender. I've helped people save lots of apo pots that way though.

But I know how it feels when you mis-buff yourself right after you swallowed that focus powder... The strong urge to kick yourself is irresistible. Thus I make it a point to ask every time.

But I don't see why it would bug me if someone asked me to not to click that bunch of pixels. Its just like the issue with RB! If the 3-spark-aps crowd wants it to die, its gotta die! o.o b:shutup
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    On my cleric would have never thought to ask cause no one has used the regen pots in a long time. Most clerics I know have their squad and single targe buffs linked as a macro...

I highly doubt I'd be upset if someone asked me that just give me the time to hunt down the skills individually.

Dealing with other buffs getting overrided is much easier than the Focus Powder and Celestial Seal (ie sage bell <3 vs demon bell blah).

I just threaten to RB if the demon sparkers are all acting like idiots. Usually "calms" them down. TBH I usually do a quick check of HP lvls of the demons in squad (especially BMs) as they tend to have lower HP unless they've gone all out on their gear. Helps me get an idea if I should have channeling on or if I can go with my pdef.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I lived on mana powders until 75, and I still pop them every now and then, to aid in regen during more demanding runs. For this reason, I definitely get your concern; it's annoying to have the half hour or so spent picking herbs (or worse, the money spent buying them) overwritten because a cleric has their hp/mp regen buff on a macro. I've actually left both my regen buffs off my general macros, in case someone is sporting powders.

So no, it's not too much to ask them not to buff you. Some will ignore you, or even heckle you for it, but others will shrug and just tell you to back up so they can group buff the regen on everyone else. Just ask the cleric if that's ok before you pop the powder, just so you don't waste it if they don't care. A lot of clerics will understand. It seems you've just been rather unlucky in getting the ones that don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i use apoc regen pots too. that's y i waited for everyone to get to instance, group buff them. then pop my pots.(who ever's late get 30mins buff >.> cos if i pop my pots im not going to group buff >.>') maybe u should wait for the cler to buff then eat ur pot. also i dont mind if they ask me to not buff them shrug...
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I usually do wait for them to buff at the start, unless the cleric's taking a while to get there and the group starts clearing without them (with me having to heal). Clerics that don't have the aoe versions, from what I've seen, tend to rebuff very often during runs, and that's when the pots get overwritten the most. b:surrender It's not a terribly big deal, it just takes a while to gather the mats to make those pots, so I hate wasting them.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback, guys. I'll just keep trying, I guess, and see if some clerics I run with are generous enough to respect the apoc pots. Hopefully this won't be much of an issue anymore once I hit the level 75 mp food. Only 10 levels to go! b:cute
  • royalraymond
    royalraymond Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am a cleric but here is what i do because i use apoth pots too,

just let the cleric do his squad buff at start of instance then use your apoth and it will over right it

from there on in jus make sure u run if ya se the cleric buffin lool
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    its only as irritating as a cleric asking u to use certain attack skills that you have macroed in with various others, separately. At specific times without putting it in your skill bar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If someone is on appo pots then they can either: A.) move away from my party buffs and get none of them or b) get the buffs and activate their powder after the buff lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't get annoyed at all, even though I am a buff happy cleric. I buff whenever we're just standing around since it takes about two seconds to get 3500 mp back from doing full squad buffs. I always think its funny how many clerics stand at the start of an instance and wait for all 6 people to get in before buffing to "save mana" and then wait 5-10 minutes for people to get their. If they had buffed people as they showed up those people could start clearing easier and their mp would easily have had time to regen.

But as for it annoying me if someone asked me not to squad buff? No, lol. Kind of like asking someone not to overwrite your debuff with a weaker one on a boss. Habitually it might happen but if there is something that works better for the squad people should go with it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I'll just keep trying, I guess, and see if some clerics I run with are generous enough to respect the apoc pots. Hopefully this won't be much of an issue anymore once I hit the level 75 mp food. Only 10 levels to go! b:cute

where was i when this happened? :D
    lets squad up together server friend :3
    (n yes i will always ask permission to buff mp/hp regen if i see some1 who already has 1 or the other buff in place) >.>
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • EilagaSanat - Sanctuary
    EilagaSanat - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I only buff in two situations:

1) Entering the instance, for obvious reasons.

2) When buffs runs out.

If someone has the HP/MP buff icon on them, I ask if they want my squad buff. It's as simple as that. I don't see why I should be upset if someone ask me to not buff them; that's what we need in squads: communication. b:pleased
    Trying to improve my english everyday... b:victory
  • Frostwish - Raging Tide
    Frostwish - Raging Tide Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Instead of being annoyed, I'd actually be thankful, as you'd be reminding me of something I should remember in the future ^^
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This has happened to me (ppl asking me to not give them a certain buff)

And usually what happens is this: I have macros for the squad buffs. For whatever reason, that macro is hard to stop once it I've clicked on it. And they ask me once the macro is halfway through.

I'd advise you to pm the cleric to let them know ahead of time, and then run out of the buff range so the cleric can use their macro.

And as for clerics ignoring you...I'll admit there seems to be some hard feelings between the 2 classes atm. I don't mind mystics at all in squad, but many do get on my nerves. Great example: Was in an instance and the mystic put the rezz buff on the tank (put.it.on.the.cleric >:O). Tank died and got back up thinking he'd gotten a lvl 11 cleric rezz....he wasn't very happy, and neither was I.

It's the same resentment sins were up against before they found their place in squads. I think it will die down once squad dynamics change to accommodate the new classes. b:chuckle
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It never bug me if they request it of me. Sure, I usually use my squad buff macro when I buff at the start, but really, there is no huge deal for me to click every icon, the person on apoth pots go out of reach and then cast celestial seal.

What does bug me is when people don't mention it. And then get really pissed off at me for overwriting their buff when they had enough time to tell me that they didn't want it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I usely say "any1 on apo pots?" before we start. And most time I get ???? from all in the squad :P some call me noob for asking and i got kiked from 1 squad for asking -.-"

But if u say u use pots the cleric should listen. ofc they migt override it by mistake but they shouldnt do it on purpose.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not going to risk my place in squad by askign if I should buff. Nor will I risk the annoyance of people shouting at "HEAL," "REZ," "BOFF," the later of which I espeically hate since the misspelling doesn't even shorten the phrase. It can be VERY annoying to run with people who assuem right out of the gate that you don't know how to play your class. I even had one bm telling me to buff at the start, and told me to BB the drummer in a 1-1 I was helping him and a few others with. Which shows you the general knowledge of cleric skills most people telling clerics what do have of the skills. This BM was 10 levels lower than me. No one wants to listen to that for a whole run. It's annoying. So if you need a special restriction on the buffs, please PM or use private chat to beep them if they aren't watching their messages, ahead of time and let them know not to buff you. And pop your apoth mat after the squad buff at the start of the instace. Pre level 75 clerics have a lot of expenses as far as mana pots go too. Especially in the 68-75 range when you're high enough lvl where the 60 pots don't cut it, but low enough lvl that you can't use event food yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Akaichan - Raging Tide
    Akaichan - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeey
    I get annoyed really easily when I hear:
    -cleric heal
    -buff
    -rez

Look, I know these are the cleric jobs and stuff, but we are not heal-buff-rez machines. I have the rule, that I don't heal anyone who doesn't appreciate it. In the first 10 minutes it's fine that somebody says that but in a BH chain, at the second run, I start thinking that the tank can not read, or simply ignores me. I ask, are they unable to type: plz, or Akai? Even he/she misspells, just give a try to type the cler name. This can make us feel, you appreciate our work, just a lil bit.
    These are the times when I write in squad chat: I have name.
    Actually when I heard mystics will have this anti-rez buff and they can heal, I wanted to quit my cleric at all. (Thanks to Frostwish, xKruelx, SoulShot, holyheaven, and everybody in Vertu, I continued.)

I have never had squad with mystic so I dunno what to say about their work in squad, sadly. I hope my experiences are going to be positive. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is good thing to remember for clerics. I use a lot of apoc pods myself, and having them over ridden by buff or death is pretty annoying because pods cost either lots of Time or Coin. I'll try to remember to announce before buffing, or buff from R menu instead of macro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]