Mystics + Delta?

Astraea - Raging Tide
Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Mystic
so, out of curiosity was wondering if any1 had a high enough lvled mystic and tried doing delta/gamma with it

since finally got the aoe skill with sleep/seal on my mystic started thinkin how great itd be in RB as it would help with a bit of crowd control (u know, for those ppl with great weapons that tend to take agro but horrible gear and get 1k'ed <_<) and started wondering; Would RB's aura effects work on mystic's summons like it does for veno pets? as in, would they get mp from mp aura or the def buff/healing? cause if they got free mp like the squad it would be better using storm mistress spamming its AoE skill than having a veno's pet attacking 1 single mob (altho id still prefer veno for the 6th spot in squad over sin/mystic/seeker )
gonna be harder to get delta runs being one of the most replaceable in squad -_-
luckily already finished all the "Required" full deltas on this char
"Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
b:surrender
Post edited by Astraea - Raging Tide on

Comments

• RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The new squad setup is 4 seekers, 1 sin and a cleric. Mystics have no place.

Just kidding. Best way I think is too spam Gale Force and Cragglord whenever possible. Thicket while cragglord is on cooldown. Storm Mistress damage is too low and mob hp in delta is too high. Don't bother with sleeping the mobs. Since aoe is constant, the DDs will get hit regardless. The best you can do is debuff their defenses/attack speed with creeper.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Lyceus - Lost City
    Lyceus - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I haven't really played mystic, but would spamming lysing/plant summons work? I'd expect that like venomancer pets there's no damage reduction for lysing, but does it do enough damage to be worth it?

Also, I'd think Thicket would be damn sexy in GV since there's no reduction for it either.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Did delta with my mystic and if i am not mistaken auras worked on pets. Mystic is great addition for delta squads since it's so versatile (AoE dm, sleep, debuffs, healing etc.)
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
    edited April 2011
    Just finished full Delta. With a barb, cleric, archer, sin, seeker and me.

Level 8 Cragglord with full attack aura does 50-75k per aoe, 10-15k per normal hit. Level 10 Storm Mistress does around 15-20k aoes, and 22k+ with ranged attack.

Thicket did poorly since my weapon is only a +5 Purgatory. Only around 6k per tick. As long as the barb aggroes the mobs and runs them through the eye in one group, Cragglord makes short work of them.

Even with most of the aggro on him, Cragglord can survive a lot of hits. You still have to heal him though.

Mystics are better off as aoe DD, than doing veno job/digger.
    /quit.

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mystics are better off as aoe DD, than doing veno job/digger.

glad to hear that ... would suck to go digging especially since we walk so slow x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mystics prime skills would be the debuf plant (reduce defences and attack speed), and keep lysing it to give a higher chance to debuf.
    Than spam all aoes, mainly cragloard (cause of no dmg reduction on lvl?mobs, you do 4times the dmg as any other DD), and thicket (aperently also no dmg reduction, or so I heard)

Or maybe salvation to shield the other DD's, if cragloard on cooldown (not sure how long it is)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited April 2011
    Or maybe salvation to shield the other DD's, if cragloard on cooldown (not sure how long it is)

Cragglord can kill an entire wave with hf on their own, even archers if you have a good puller. There's no point in worrying about other DDs.

Even Storm Mistress can 2 shot the low hp ones with hf. There's a reason why you don't bring 2 clerics in RB.
    /quit.

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Question... does the mana aura work on pets?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited April 2011
    Question... does the mana aura work on pets?
    All auras work on pets.
    /quit.

• nicenwild
    nicenwild Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Did delta with my mystic and if i am not mistaken auras worked on pets. Mystic is great addition for delta squads since it's so versatile (AoE dm, sleep, debuffs, healing etc.)

I did a Fcd with a level 98 mystic and i was wondering at first how it was going to work with no cleric because it was my first time doing a fcd without one. First time experience with this level 98 mystic OMG he could have soloed the whole fcd alone he was pro i will always fc with mystics from now on it was the best experience of my life i have a level 93 barb now i am leveling my mystic i will need to learn how to play on this character so if anyone has any info for me or suggestions shoot, btw this is my first time using this forum i am a die hard pwi fan i dont play black ops or world of ******** or xbox or ps3 its nothing but pwi for me been playing since 2009 and absolutely love it ty for reading all who took the time to read
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The new squad setup is 4 seekers, 1 sin and a cleric. Mystics have no place.

Just kidding. Best way I think is too spam Gale Force and Cragglord whenever possible. Thicket while cragglord is on cooldown. Storm Mistress damage is too low and mob hp in delta is too high. Don't bother with sleeping the mobs. Since aoe is constant, the DDs will get hit regardless. The best you can do is debuff their defenses/attack speed with creeper.

dont spam gale force it annoys the hell out of bms cos mobs runs everywhere(even with demon its not 100% immobilize effect mobs still runs). plants are great/craglord. use gale force as a finishing attack so mobs die, not runing everywhere while bm aoe/hf/gs. plants/summons gets boost from auras too i think. i've only dont gamma with mystic cos she still lowish lvl. i dont really look if they get boost from auras. use plants/lysing for debuffs(attack/defense) and craglord or mistress when u dont get chi aura yet.