HP of guild bases question

MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Hi, can't find it anywhere else so i was wondering if anyone else knew...

I know that the guild base HP goes down if not enough people contribute/do their dailies- but how does it determine whether hp goes up or down?
1. Is it the percentage of people in guild who complete the dailies (in other words, average contribution per person in guild)?
2. A total contribution has to be reached, regardless of the number of ppl in the guild?
3. any other method?

I'm trying to find out whether kicking inactives will help guild base hp go up...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
Post edited by MsEvilness - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm trying to find out whether kicking inactives will help guild base hp go up...

If people aren't doing guild base quests and they do not have a legitimate reason (moving, on vacation, comp broke, etc.), then they should be kicked for the health of the guild. The more people doing guild base quests, the faster it will level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    it's really not your concern who i have in the guild... i'm asking a question trying to find out if inactives affect whether guild base hp goes up or down, or whether u just need a certain amount of contribution per day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You just need ppl to be active doing the quests. There are a quiz, grind, and donate quest that offer contribution.

As for the health, no one is really sure how that is since no one has done a guild base war on HT, but it slowly goes up....talking like 1 pt every few days or so, but that could just be from lvling the base.

If you have a lot of ppl doing the quests, then you should have nothing to worry about. Simply having someone inactive shouldn't affect it, from what I've observed at least.

You need a lot of ppl though, otherwise getting a base is a waste.

As for total contribution, that is a fixed amount per lvl, but its like 36K contribution or so from lvl 1 to 2, each person can only donate like 210 contribution a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Faction member doing daily GB quest so then they donate their contribution points form those quest, if you have 220 points to donate the guild base hp goes up 220 points more, so that's how it works. Each lv70+ member is able to do the Guild Base quests. I don't know how many time needs the guild base without any contribution donate to start dying.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As for total contribution, that is a fixed amount per lvl, but its like 36K contribution or so from lvl 1 to 2, each person can only donate like 210 contribution a day.

that depends on hall of loyalty lvl. it goes to 120 pr quest at lvl 3. and 250 to donate.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    that depends on hall of loyalty lvl. it goes to 120 pr quest at lvl 3. and 250 to donate.

He is right once the Guild base is upgraded the quiz quest rewards you with some more points.
    If I don't remind bad lv1-2 is 100 points, lv3 is 120 points.
    edited March 2011
    You just need ppl to be active doing the quests. There are a quiz, grind, and donate quest that offer contribution.

As for the health, no one is really sure how that is since no one has done a guild base war on HT, but it slowly goes up....talking like 1 pt every few days or so, but that could just be from lvling the base.

If you have a lot of ppl doing the quests, then you should have nothing to worry about. Simply having someone inactive shouldn't affect it, from what I've observed at least.

You need a lot of ppl though, otherwise getting a base is a waste.

Thanks but you kind of missed my question... and u should know TE well- "someone inactive" is kind of an understatement =P

I'll rephrase the question again...

Let's say 50 people give 300 contribution on a certain day (total of 15000 contri). If there were only 100 ppl in the guild, then that's an average of 150 contri per person. However, if there were 200 ppl in guild, that's only an average of 75 contri per person.

Now, I'm wondering if the base HP going up or down is determined by the total number of contribution (for example, and this is just a theoretical number, 10,000 contri total a day), or whether it's determined by the average contri per person (e.g more than 100 contri per person a day).

You can see that if it's determined by the average contri per person, then obviously kicking inactives will help this average increase, but if it's by the total number of contri, then having inactives will not have an effect (apart from taking up spots that could be used for active players if the guild is full). That is what i'm trying to ask here- if anyone even knows the answer xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Faction member doing daily GB quest so then they donate their contribution points form those quest, if you have 220 points to donate the guild base hp goes up 220 points more, so that's how it works. Each lv70+ member is able to do the Guild Base quests. I don't know how many time needs the guild base without any contribution donate to start dying.

No,thats the construction bar that goes up when you donate contribution,guild base HP does not seem to go up by doing those quests.

As for the donation(mirage)quest,that seems to be worthless,as i do not get contribution from it,just a stupid raging flask pack(same reward as the guild base quests)which is completely worthless as thats the only construction mat you can donate that is NEVER needed.
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    No,thats the construction bar that goes up when you donate contribution,guild base HP does not seem to go up by doing those quests.

As for the donation(mirage)quest,that seems to be worthless,as i do not get contribution from it,just a stupid raging flask pack(same reward as the guild base quests)which is completely worthless as thats the only construction mat you can donate that is NEVER needed.

yeah true, the way to check the GB health is on GB icon, Base Status, nearby to map, it shows the HP points.
    Just quiz and monolith quest gives you points. About mats once it reached on 5000 units you can't donate more, if I don't wrong, until the GB upgrades on next level. On my opinion it rewards many of those mats filling our inventory.

And this is what I found about how HP goes down for inactivity, info from Wiki:

2. Health
    This value ranks the activeness of members (daily total Contribution income). It will shrink day by day. If the shrinking rate is higher than the increasing rate, as the number reaches 0, the base will be destroyed.
    edited March 2011
    i've read that about the hp also... unfortunately, still does not answer my question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah true, the way to check the GB health is on GB icon, Base Status, nearby to map, it shows the HP points.
    Just quiz and monolith quest gives you points. About mats once it reached on 5000 units you can't donate more, if I don't wrong, until the GB upgrades on next level. On my opinion it rewards many of those mats filling our inventory.

And this is what I found about how HP goes down for inactivity, info from Wiki:

2. Health
    This value ranks the activeness of members (daily total Contribution income). It will shrink day by day. If the shrinking rate is higher than the increasing rate, as the number reaches 0, the base will be destroyed.

I don't get it,faction my other toon is in all members do their dailies,and hp never rises =/ It's been 4 days now.
    edited March 2011
    I don't get it,faction my other toon is in all members do their dailies,and hp never rises =/ It's been 4 days now.

how many ppl in your guild, and how many of them do the dailies?

if it's a high % of ppl, this gives me a good clue that it is in fact by the total contri and not the %/average per person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    bump

anyone with or know of a small-ish guild with a guild base? If so, can you help me by telling me your guild base hp? thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    bump

anyone with or know of a small-ish guild with a guild base? If so, can you help me by telling me your guild base hp? thanks

You're gonna attack them! b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It moves incredibly slow so just experiment a bit. It's not like you'll log in one day to find out that it's suddenly gone down to almost 0. With a full guild of active people doing quests ours has gained like 1 point every other day and I assume it would decrease at a similar rate.

Also I'm pretty sure it's the total number of doing the quests, not the %, so if you have a small guild, even with everyone doing the quests, then it will probably stay even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • FrostSwallow - Sanctuary
    FrostSwallow - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    our situation:

5-7 of 31 people doing all dailies (~1500 contribution / day)

the GB is losing 1 HP / day
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For those who claim you dont get contri from the give mirage/2 chips quest... Can't you just like... read ingame text? :)
  • UrDian - Harshlands
    UrDian - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Maybe it will help if guild leaders will post information about HP gain/loss and the number of members and avg daily contribution.

We have between 175 and 195 members at a time (we regularly kick inactives). We average about 30-35K contribution a day and our Guild Base HP has gone up by 1 most days but maybe not everyday.

Today, March 15, we are at 111/150 HP.
    edited March 2011
    hmm thanks for the info b:chuckle
    now to try and find an active but small guild and see wat happens to their base hp... as it stands i think it is actually by total contri
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well the easiest way to find out is boot all your pple with 0 or near inactive merits in fac window. If the base HP rises u know that the % of active contributers determine the HP factor >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think it has to do with average contribution per member per day. Ours didnt go up at all until we had Monolith 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think it has to do with average contribution per member per day. Ours didnt go up at all until we had Monolith 3.
    donate us monies astypoo so we can upgrade moar :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan