Why level the summons?

LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
ok, so a mystic's "pet" is a skill-based summon. and this summoned pet will always be whatever level the mystic was when it was summoned. which seemingly has nothing much to do with the level of the skill that does the summoning.

so where's the bonus to leveling these skills? surely there's some that i'm just overlooking? because it seems that, to level up the summoned pet, one merely levels up the mystic and resummon... am i thinking too veno-ish about this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
Post edited by LenieClarke - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Leveling the summon skill increases the bonus stats you get from absorbing it with Energy Leech, and also increases the power/effectiveness of the two skills that the summon has (Example, leveling the first summon from level 1 to level 2 increases the duration of the stun skill from 3.2s to 3.4s).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Leveling the summon skill increases the bonus stats you get from absorbing it with Energy Leech, and also increases the power/effectiveness of the two skills that the summon has (Example, leveling the first summon from level 1 to level 2 increases the duration of the stun skill from 3.2s to 3.4s).

ahh, i was just wondering how those 2 skills lvled up. if thats true then at max lvl the stun skill on the first pet would be close to 5 seconds if it continues at that rate. thats pretty nice.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yup, 5 sec stun. They get a bonus skill at sage/demon too. No one know what the bonus skills do yet I think, because the drop rate is too low in wanmei.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.