Blood Vow's "debuff"

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Archer
"The most devoted Archer would offer his own blood to the arrows
to make them more deadly. This attack deals basic damage to the
target plus 4444, and reduces maximum HP of both caster and target
by 18% for 30 seconds. Then, it strikes the target dealing metal damage over time equal to 1.5 times your base damage, and intensifying
damage it takes by 25%.
100% hit."

I am interested in the "intensifying damage it takes by 25%". Is that a debuff with a duration, or does it only apply to a single attack at the very end, which does 1.5 times your damage?
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The amp lasts for 30s.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Blood vow is:

-physical attack with damage = base + 4444
    -18% HP debuff on target and self (same icon as tooth)
    -25% 30s amp (same icon as HF)
    -Metal Dot with damage = 1.5 * base (same icon as thunder ball)

In PVE I normally use it before a triple spark so the self debuff is purified. The metal DoT is interesting since it is the only archer DoT that is not a fixed value. It can be quite strong if you triple spark before casting instead of after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Does this overwrite the HF debuff?

Does this mean archers should be spamming Blood Vow in a manner similar (or somewhat similar) to BMs spamming HF? Time it with triple sparks of other party members, etc.?

If so, is it better to do it before or after your own triple spark (assuming genie to regen chi). Given the longer duration when compared to HF, I'd say do it before hand, so that the debuff gets purified. But what's everyone's experience?

Looks like this skill has gone up my priority list of things to obtain. Ugh.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes- BV overwrites HF, just like HF will overwrite BV

Archers cant necessarily spam BV because of it's long cooldown time (5 min) but when used correctly and timed with BMs in party-- it can be very deadly ^^ and lead to quick runs in Nirvana for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    My thanx for the information, everyone.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    -Metal Dot with damage = 1.5 * base (same icon as thunder ball)

I suppose I should get this one and find out for myself, but: is that 1.5 * base split out over 30 seconds (with
    1/10 of that damage each tick)?
    If so, is it better to do it before or after your own triple spark (assuming genie to regen chi). Given the longer duration when compared to HF, I'd say do it before hand, so that the debuff gets purified. But what's everyone's experience?

I imagine that the answer to your question is situational: if you have a cleric there to purify you then sparking first makes sense. In a critically important battle I can imagine going: triple spark, blood vow, (awaken or white tea + blessing or maybe cloud eruption / chi siphon) triple spark.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I imagine that the answer to your question is situational: if you have a cleric there to purify you then sparking first makes sense. In a critically important battle I can imagine going: triple spark, blood vow, (awaken or white tea + blessing or maybe cloud eruption / chi siphon) triple spark.

i usually make sure i have full sparks (399chi or whatever it is) then BV > hit mob once > triple spark, or 3 sparks and BV > cloud eruption > triple spark
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I suppose I should get this one and find out for myself, but: is that 1.5 * base split out over 30 seconds (with
    1/10 of that damage each tick)?

It's split out 10 times over 30 seconds. Like all DoTs its not really a worthwhile effect (like shooting 1.5 extra arrows over 30s....). The HP debuff is a better alternative to tooth if you don't have sage tooth.

If there is a BM in squad and I see he has axes out I still wait till after HF before I BV so that by the time BV is done HF will be ready again. This makes the most use of the amp but doesnt take advantage of the extra 3% hp debuff over tooth. If there are 2 BMs I don't bother with BV since they should be chaining HF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    everyone point your bow at Mendy :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Does this overwrite the HF debuff?

Does this mean archers should be spamming Blood Vow in a manner similar (or somewhat similar) to BMs spamming HF? Time it with triple sparks of other party members, etc.?

Yes it overwrites debuff.

Spam Blood Vow as much as a 5 minute cooldown will allow.