medal of glory question??? pls help

Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I was wondering if dq points are bound, what if i got a medal of glory from dq and say 2 from boutique which are not bound- would there be a problem when i turn all three in if one is the bound one from dq and 2 from boutique?
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was wondering if dq points are bound, what if i got a medal of glory from dq and say 2 from boutique which are not bound- would there be a problem when i turn all three in if one is the bound one from dq and 2 from boutique?

I'm not sure why you would pay that much extra for a boutique one in the first place, but I'm not sure. I know pigments don't stack soooo...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    how do ppl farm sooo much dq points (60k)? Do ppl just buy up a ton of dq drops and get a little coin back when you sell them?

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    how do ppl farm sooo much dq points (60k)? Do ppl just buy up a ton of dq drops and get a little coin back when you sell them?

On double drops I can farm 6k an hour, but that's a lot of work. I can go farm coins and buy 50k faster then anything. I bought 56k DQ points for roughly 6.5m 3 days ago for 3 medals I needed for my sin.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol...how can a veno ask "how you grind that much?"

yes some people put up a catshop for DQ. others grind. Legion, Archosaur events help a lot.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol...how can a veno ask "how you grind that much?"

yes some people put up a catshop for DQ. others grind. Legion, Archosaur events help a lot.

Yup, you could also try aoe grinding in 3rd map with a herc or something. Although the DQ droprates aren't that great there.
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    i dont use my veno very much (TTs just about)

so i take it that i should farm them over buying them. I guess ill just plug along with dq grinding, super thx for the info. Im glad ppl could point me in the right direction. b:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I had used hyper stones from both the event boutique (non trade-able) and token exchange (trade-able) together. Since the game coding does allow you to use a combination of trade-able and non trade-able statues of the same item, I'm pretty sure the bound and unbound metal of glory is acceptable if you turn them in together at once for the quest.

As for grinding for dq items, I recommend the 2nd map Old Unicorn Forest. I had been grinding there for my Forest's Wisdom Helm. and had realized the drop rate isn't all bad. Make about 800k-1 mil each hour I grind there after selling them to the catshops in OHT if you are planning on making money. The drop rate is pretty much the same as grinding on Spyders in Avalanche Canyon. They do hit hard, but not a problem for range classes as they will die before they even reach you with a good refined weap. You can manage your time and utilize the map for at most 20 hours out of the 24 hours in a day even though the time limit is 2 hr max in that instance.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011

...?

it's not that hard, especially for a veno. i keep four pets up to my level, by grinding on whatever mobs are handy. i pick up all the drops and NPC all the DQ mats --- so far i'm up to 30k DQ points, and i haven't been particularly trying for them. plus of course i'm still fairly low level, at that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The Medals you get with dq points are not tradeable.

However if you put one that can't be traded onto a stack of trade able ones they will be assimilated.

OMG game exploit ban me now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The Medals you get with dq points are not tradeable.

However if you put one that can't be traded onto a stack of trade able ones they will be assimilated.

OMG game exploit ban me now.

So the stack turns into a tradeable one? I remember someone saying that if you got a stack of untradeable Wraith Badges from DQ points and then combine it with tradeable ones, the stack will become untradeable.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.